Metal Storm logo
Demons & Wizards

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 20.05.2006 - 23:29
Demons & Wizards, the hybrid of Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) and Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian), are an amazing band...

They have re-leased two top quality albums 'Demons & Wizards' and 'Touched By The Crimson King'... My personal favourite of the two is their self-titled debut, IMO its a mastpiece... The song writing is near perfection and lyrical themes are brilliant...

Hopefully, they'll decide to release another soon...

What does everyone else think?
07.07.2007 - 16:07
Imraghil

I think its one of the greatest bands. really great music. Hansi (from blind guardian) has a awnsome voice. i really want to see him live!
19.07.2007 - 12:17
Swanton Junkie
Account deleted
Lmao This is Gonna Probs Make Me Well Unpopular on here now... But I Prefer the Second Album, Dont get me Wrong i love em Both but I Think Touched... Is Blistering from Start to Finish the weakest track being Terror Train an either Loves Tragedy... or Wicked Witch Bein the Best. Dunno Mebbe its cos I the Second Album Waaaaaaay before the first so obviously absorbed it more but its deffo one of the best fookin albumns ive herd... *Potters off to listen to them*
11.10.2007 - 18:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
everyone here thinks fiddler on the green is their best song, probably the best metal ballad ever but imo wicked witch is also great, though nothing can beat the intro to fiddler!
12.10.2007 - 00:33
Iceland_Norway

I can confirm that Fiddler on the green is their best song. They have made in the second cd I have Immigrant Song of Led Zeppelin. I Like this cover.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
12.10.2007 - 00:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Iceland_Norway on 12.10.2007 at 00:33

I can confirm that Fiddler on the green is their best song. They have made in the second cd I have Immigrant Song of Led Zeppelin. I Like this cover.

I agree werry good song iMO best song of album and somehow i like it better how original, ist heavy and powerfull
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.10.2007 - 00:59
Iceland_Norway

you know Who I'm?? levaable

yes this album has strong rythm part played by Schaffer. For me Schaffer is a good guitarist.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
12.10.2007 - 01:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Iceland_Norway on 12.10.2007 at 00:59

you know Who I'm?? levaable

yes this album has strong rythm part played by Schaffer. For me Schaffer is a good guitarist.

Of corse man i know
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2007 - 00:11
Sonsofsabbath

I like both cds, but would give the edge to the first. I also find great pleasure in the covers they do. White room, from the first and the immigrant song from touched. I also enjoyed iced earths tribute to the gods. Ilike to hear schaffers interpretation of other artists work. I think schaffer sounds better in D&W then iced earth, and I have heard all of Iced earths cds except the new one . I have trouble accepting the new vocalist ( tim owens ) who was also a fill in with judas priest while Halford was pouting. The german guy sounds awesome with Schaffer. I look forward to there new release.
13.10.2007 - 00:14
Sonsofsabbath

by the way, is the immigrant song the first true heavy metal song? It uses the B riff with a true metalgallop, that Maiden and others would perfect a decade latter.
13.10.2007 - 22:17
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@iceland_Norway: I agree , it was the song that turned me onto the band actually
14.10.2007 - 11:30
Iced Dog

Written by Guest on 19.07.2007 at 12:17

Lmao This is Gonna Probs Make Me Well Unpopular on here now... But I Prefer the Second Album

same here...in fact, I just listened to it for the first time in a while...DAMN, this album is fucking mint! Even the bonus tracks, Lunar Lament and Spatial Architects, are quite good.
----
15.10.2007 - 11:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.10.2007 at 22:17

@iceland_Norway: I agree , it was the song that turned me onto the band actually

First album turned me into it and it was whemn I was possessed whit BG and I still like first album better
----

apos;'
[image]
16.10.2007 - 01:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: yeah, the 2nd one seemed more on the uninspired side.
19.10.2007 - 12:35
Fuath

i think that kursch's voice is rather unique and fits well with schaefer's rythm, over all the 2 make an awesome mix, i prefer the self titled album as my fav song of theres is heaven denies, along with the intro this song covers so many apects of the genre
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.10.2007 - 12:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.10.2007 at 01:45

@K7: yeah, the 2nd one seemed more on the uninspired side.

Blind Guardian last 2 albums are same
----

apos;'
[image]
19.10.2007 - 15:00
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: Blind Guardian's last 2 albums? that's not really true.....one is highly produced and operatic, the other is less '3-dimensional' .
21.10.2007 - 00:35
Remus

^ Aaaand, we're discussing Blind Guardian albums in the "Demons & Wizards" thread...

I guess there's only so much you can say about a band wich only has two albums out and never plays live.

I asked before, but does anyone know if a new album is in the pipe-line?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
21.10.2007 - 04:54
O p e t h
Account deleted
definitely the first album. the second is crap
01.02.2008 - 03:50
DoomGuard

Written by Valentin B on 11.10.2007 at 18:36

everyone here thinks fiddler on the green is their best song, probably the best metal ballad ever but imo wicked witch is also great, though nothing can beat the intro to fiddler!

I actually think 'Crimson King' is their best...Fiddler really isn't high up on the list but its still good...
'Terror Train' is very good too...
02.02.2008 - 20:25
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 13.10.2007 at 00:11

I like both cds, but would give the edge to the first. I also find great pleasure in the covers they do. White room, from the first and the immigrant song from touched.

Agreed, the first D&W was clearly the better of the two. I'm not even sure a third D&W album would be worth it. Best to quit while you're ahead, as the saying goes.
Quote:

The german guy sounds awesome with Schaffer. I look forward to there new release.

The "german guy" is Hansi Kursch of Blind Guardian.
04.02.2008 - 00:23
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Quote:
Written by Guest on 02.02.2008 at 20:25

Written by Sonsofsabbath on 13.10.2007 at 00:11

The "german guy" is Hansi Kursch of Blind Guardian.

xD yeah, it's hard to believe someone wouldn't know that, but that's okay, I'm sure there are things that I don't know that would make me seem just as ignorant.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
22.02.2008 - 11:29
MATBARLOW
Account deleted
Demons and Wizards are awsome!I like very much Schaffer's riffs and Hansi's voice.
22.02.2008 - 11:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.02.2008 at 11:29

Demons and Wizards are awsome!I like very much Schaffer's riffs and Hansi's voice.

I agree about IMo Iced Erath and Blind Guardain shood go on tour in same time
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2008 - 19:57
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2008 at 11:34

Yes, it could be a good solution for Demons And Wizards to give more frequently Tour Dates all over the world.
22.02.2008 - 20:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 22.02.2008 at 19:57

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2008 at 11:34

Yes, it could be a good solution for Demons And Wizards to give more frequently Tour Dates all over the world.

3 bands in night or 3 days tour each day one band its great but bever came true
----

apos;'
[image]
08.03.2008 - 05:02
Megadeth_Matt

at first i thought hansi sounded like owens, but after i listened for a while i found he is much better. it makes me happy
----
THE MAN
08.03.2008 - 05:05
Megadeth_Matt

Written by Valentin B on 11.10.2007 at 18:36

i think fiddler is the best. its just awsome...
----
THE MAN
08.03.2008 - 08:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Megadeth_Matt on 08.03.2008 at 05:02

at first i thought hansi sounded like owens, but after i listened for a while i found he is much better. it makes me happy

imo no-one can sound like the Ripper, best shrieker alive today along with the guy from 3 inches of blood.
09.03.2008 - 00:48
Megadeth_Matt

Written by Valentin B on 08.03.2008 at 08:58

Written by Megadeth_Matt on 08.03.2008 at 05:02

imo no-one can sound like the Ripper, best shrieker alive today along with the guy from 3 inches of blood.

just at the beginning of heaven denies, he does. it sounds an awful like The Reckoning from The Glorious Burden
----
THE MAN
02.04.2008 - 04:03
IconMaiden

beneath these waves is their best song in my opinion. fiddler is a close second, followed by wicked witch.