Metal Storm logo
Mercyful Fate

Original post

Posted by , 20.05.2006 - 23:43
Their albums' quality is even more consistent than King Diamond's ones. A great heavy metal band which did a lot of classics, not only Melissa and Don't Break the Oath..
21.05.2010 - 20:22
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2010 at 17:45

Well it did make it onto Reurtunr Of the Vampire compilation But of course one of the rifss later on ended up in Devil Eyes. And to be honest I fin Burning The Cross to be the weakest song off their demo, which was release before the started recording studion ep's and full-lengths.

Yeah, but considering the other songs on the demo (if MA is in fact correct) then that's not hard to believe. Early MF songs are of such high quality even their worst songs kick ass.

By the way, Zoser Mez anyone?
----
The force will be with you, always.
21.05.2010 - 20:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Clintagräm on 21.05.2010 at 20:22

Yeah, but considering the other songs on the demo (if MA is in fact correct)

Yes MA is correct there fo once. I have the last the demos as 3rd generation cassette copies and the songs are on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2010 - 23:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Clintagräm on 21.05.2010 at 20:22

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2010 at 17:45

Well it did make it onto Reurtunr Of the Vampire compilation But of course one of the rifss later on ended up in Devil Eyes. And to be honest I fin Burning The Cross to be the weakest song off their demo, which was release before the started recording studion ep's and full-lengths.

Yeah, but considering the other songs on the demo (if MA is in fact correct) then that's not hard to believe. Early MF songs are of such high quality even their worst songs kick ass.

By the way, Zoser Mez anyone?

i agree, every early Mercyful Fate song is ridiculously good(most underrated being Burning The Cross and A Corpse Without Soul), including their first 2 albums of course.

i mean, just listen to the second riff of A Corpse Without Soul right after the crazy intro solo at 0:35 that's pure pwnage made music.