16. Princess Of The Dawn
17. Up To The Limit
18. No Shelter
19. Pandemic
20. Fast As A Shark
21. Metal Heart
22. Teutonic Terror
23. Balls To The Wall

Now that Accept have climbed back to the top of their game and swept up the spotlight with a pair of excellent albums, their challenge lies in maintaining their grasp on success. Despite song titles like "Dying Breed," "Fall Of The Empire," and "Final Journey," Blind Rage does not spell the end to Accept's second wind; it is the next chapter.

While Blind Rage isn't as dynamite as Blood Of The Nations, it does improve upon Stalingrad, itself an excellent album. Of this new bevy of classics, Blind Rage most recalls Accept's (first) heyday with riffs and choruses reminiscent of Restless And Wild and Metal Heart material. After "Stampede" appropriately opens the album, bulldozing everything in its path, "Dying Breed" pays tribute to all of your favorite heavy metal pioneers and legends - a group to which Accept could truthfully be said to belong. The first few songs alone provide plenty of assurance that these Teutonic Terrors haven't lost their touch.

Much of Blind Rage is wrapped in a somber sobriety, from mournful marches to emotional choruses, making this album one of the darkest and most serious in Accept's catalogue. Of course, no true Accept album would sacrifice the opportunity to shower its listeners in forceful, dominating riffs and the pure, unadulterated heavy metal attitude that makes Accept such a titan even after all these decades. These two aspects mix heartily throughout the album, making it not only dramatic and emotional but as hard-hitting and indefatigably heavy as ever.

Wolf Hoffmann could play trip baroque dubstep-core through a tin can and it would still be earth-shatteringly badass. His legendary metallic tone is the base from which Accept grows, and his solos always bear the distinction of sounding necessary. His solos do not fill space, nor are they just vehicles for him to show off; they become truly part of the songs. With the dream team of Hoffmann, Peter Baltes, Herman Frank, Stefan Schwarzmann, and Mark Tornillo, all of whom sound as though they were made specifically to kick ass in this band, Accept cannot fail.

Accept is a great example of a band that doesn't need to be fancy to succeed. "Trail Of Tears," "Dark Side Of My Heart," "From The Ashes We Rise," and the whole rest of the album step up to the plate with nothing but loud riffs, louder shrieks, and a hell of a lot of attitude - and that's all Accept requires.

Clearly, this new, re-vamped Accept has a lot more to say. Blind Rage testifies to their unflagging strength and solidity. From the first notes of "Stampede" to the last ones of "Final Journey," Blind Rage muscles its way to the top and delivers one monstrous blow after another.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 27.07.2014 by I'm the reviewer, and that means my opinion is correct.

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 263 users
27.07.2014 - 06:39
Lit.
Account deleted
Another good quality Accept album that reportedly improves upon Stalingrad?

27.07.2014 - 23:38
Rating: 6
Rulatore

How is the rest comparing to "Stampede" ? Cause I didn't like the song and I'm really curious about this record
28.07.2014 - 02:22
Rating: 9
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Written by Rulatore on 27.07.2014 at 23:38

How is the rest comparing to "Stampede" ? Cause I didn't like the song and I'm really curious about this record

"Stampede" is fairly representative of the sound of Blind Rage, at least in terms of delivery. I do think that "Stampede" is closer in style to the last two albums where songwriting is concerned, whereas the rest of the album sounds much more like early '80s Accept. I happened to really like "Stampede," but if you didn't there is still hope for the album.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
14.08.2014 - 03:59
Rating: 6
Rulatore

Unfortunally I didn't find it that good. It has some moments, but I'ld take the previous two over this any day. I can't see the improvements over Stalingrad and I'm deeply disappointed with this one.

Shame, cause the solos were awesome.
14.08.2014 - 23:00
Hallingström

I'm pretty impressed. An excellent addition to the Accept discography.
14.08.2014 - 23:21
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh, a Questionable Content frame here on MS
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.08.2014 - 17:53
DayFly

I disliked Stampede, brought this album not knowing what to expect, pressed shuffle and landed on "From the Ashes We Rise". What a motherfucker of a track. Best Accept song since 1993, and that is including favourites like "Twist of Fate" from Stalingrad and the "Princess of the Dawn" rewrite "New World Comin'" from Blood of the Nations. Terrific dynamics, fist-pumping chorus and a solo to die for. If you don't like that song, you don't like heavy metal, plain and simple.
18.08.2014 - 16:09
Rating: 8
R'Vannith
ghedengi
They haven't lost any steam at all after the two previous records, just as formidably consistent as you would expect after what they've been up to since their comeback. Solid heavy metal in every sense.

Also,
Quote:
Wolf Hoffmann could play trip baroque dubstep-core through a tin can and it would still be earth-shatteringly badass.

This sentence is ingenious.
22.02.2015 - 19:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 27.07.2014 at 06:39

Another good quality Accept album that reportedly improves upon Stalingrad?

Wait wait. You like QC?

Because I love QC.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.02.2015 - 19:30
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.02.2015 at 19:20

Wait wait. You like QC?

Because I love QC.

Sorry to disappoint, but I actually just stole that image off the Skullheart forum. That sort of thing happens on the internet.

I love webcomics though (my fav is Subnormality), and I'm always eager to check out new ones. Is it good?
20.04.2019 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Rulatore on 14.08.2014 at 03:59

Unfortunally I didn't find it that good. It has some moments, but I'ld take the previous two over this any day. I can't see the improvements over Stalingrad and I'm deeply disappointed with this one.

Shame, cause the solos were awesome.

Try it now, maybe it will change you mind. Try classic band new albums after 3-6 years and it can change your mind
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 9844 | This month: 18