Metal Storm logo
Former Helloween Members To Start Project

The project now is not a rumour.

So in the early future will be a project with Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween, Gamma Ray), Roland Grapow (ex-Helloween, Masterplan) and Michael Kiske as singer.
Roland Grapow has said in a recent interview for a Spanish Website laEstadea.com. An excerpt from this interview is below:

Question: About Hansen and Kiske, there's a rumor of a project. Is that right?

Grapow: "It's not a rumor, it's true. We're just waiting for the right moment. We gathered together two or three times in the last two years. What happens is that Michael doesn't want to do anything with too much hard rock or too much heavy metal, too much dark or negative, he wants to do something more happier. So, probably, when I finish the tour with Masterplan, I'll begin to write some tracks for Mike. Kai too, we'll see what will come out. But, once and for all, we will do something".

Question: This project have a name?

Grapow: "No, not yet! Perhaps it will be titled Helloween! (laughs). No, it's a joke, at the moment we haven't thought of any names because we haven't planned yet. Now we only want to write a few songs which we feel comfortable with, that Michael doesn't find negative, but we all love. Because we don't want to make a Kiske solo album with two famous guitarists from the past. We search for music which speaks for itself without any need to be aggressive or negative".

Source: michaelkiske.net
Band profile: Helloween
Posted: 30.01.2007 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   Visited by: 8 users
03.02.2007 - 15:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Talvi on 31.01.2007 at 22:42

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.01.2007 at 15:35

Written by Talvi on 31.01.2007 at 15:24

Kiske is too homosexual. Not too heavy. Not too negative. What then, soft rock singing about rabbits?

At least he's the best sionger by far Helloween ever had.

He's the singer with the best voice Helloween ever had. Deris it's still better than him.

And let's remember that they never did an album better than The Dark Ride

Well, tastes differ. Cause for me the first three albums are way superior to The Dark Ride. And not only to me, probably to more than 80% of metal fans in the world the first three are regarded as classics. The Dark Ride certainly isn't a classic to most around.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.12.2007 - 09:12
JayAreVee
Definitely great news...I do think that Kiske is a bit too uptight with morality, but hey, he's easily my favorite metal vocalist, and since he's going to get together with Kai and Grapow, the results can only be gold.

Hits total: 3980 | This month: 9