Metal Storm logo
The job thread

Original post

Posted by , 30.01.2007 - 23:51
Well this one's simple. Talk about the past jobs you've had, the most pleasant or unpleasant experience you've had at work, and the job you have now. I'll go first.

My first job was at a catering place. My job was to prepare food to be shipped out. The job was very boring but bearable. Easy money.

My second job was working as a waiter at a local restaurant. This job was horrible. We had bad customers who not only made it a point to make our job as difficult and tedious as possible but did not tip well. It was very high stress, but the people I worked with were some of the coolest people I've ever met. I left because I was not being paid well and I'm pretty sure the manager was committing tax fraud.
23.09.2013 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 21:33

Written by Bad English on 23.09.2013 at 15:40

Written by Guest on 23.09.2013 at 10:52

I paint a lot of peoples rich houses, I have been doing it for about 8 years somebody kill me. Na it's not bad, it's cruisy and your always working in a different areas
Thinking about doing something different now though, ever since i stopped drinking the people i work with seem kind of dull, i need to use my brain more (or whats left of it)

c om advantige is old rich man and his young pretty wife alone at home who needs ''another kind of painting''

sometimes if there hot i do fantasize about it, but i have a wife and in reality they don't wont my poor smelly ass anyway....though sometimes there are widows and i do wonder

I didnt know you have wife , s
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2013 - 05:56
Mattybu

^ K7 strikes again
09.10.2013 - 20:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Message to jobless folks:

being jobless > doing job you ain't interested in.
09.10.2013 - 23:21
Mercyful_Kate

My first job when I was fifteen was operating rides at an amusement park on the New Jersey boardwalk. Since then, I have worked at a timeshare office, bagged groceries and waited tables. For the past few years, I've been bartending. It's hard work, but good money and I don't work a ton of hours...Which is nice, because it will allow me to go back to school next fall.
08.09.2016 - 01:11
Crimson Maiden

My first job was being a substitute teacher...I worked with about 20/ 6 year olds ALL day long....Kids will wear you out by the end of the day cause you have so many to keep up with...My check was always good and I liked the people I worked with..Only bad thing was if a kid came to school sick, I usually caught their germs and got a cold...8-]]
12.10.2016 - 03:25
Bubba H

I've had lots of different jobs. My first official job was at a KMart back in the 1980s. From there I went to work as an ironworker for a few years. It was kind of rough work at times but it paid well. After that played out I got a job with a logging company. That was definitely the roughest job I ever had and didn't pay very well either. I moved to New Orleans and got a job with an offshore services company running GPS and underwater sonar equipment. It was fun at times but I spent a lot of time offshore and the rest of my time in bars drinking my life away. There's really nothing else to do in New Orleans. After moving home to Georgia after two years of that I went back into construction in one capacity or another and am now an estimator for a metal stud and drywall company. Sitting at a desk all day sucks but that's what I do now.
14.10.2016 - 21:37
Haddock666

I have done mostly stockroom jobs and been giving guitar lessons 9 years. Now I've been unemployed for long time and live with social security for about 4-5 years, but done some internship and rehabilitative work
23.10.2016 - 02:17
Kennoth

I'm still in college (my seventh and hopefully final year), and I've have had my fair share of jobs during that time. My first real job was working in a corn field, and that remains the worst job I've ever had. The searing sun, razor-sharp corn leaves, and annoying supervisors telling your to hurry up. Other than that, I've worked at various call centers, which is something I'm also doing right now. I've also been a mall Santa two years ago, so there's that.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
23.10.2016 - 13:10
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 09.10.2013 at 20:37

Message to jobless folks:

being jobless > doing job you ain't interested in.

Qtf. Also the longer I stay in a job just for the money which I'm not interested the more I start loathing it.
23.10.2016 - 16:15
Kennoth

I don't think a job I'd like doing even exists. The very fact that I'm forced doing it is enough for me to loathe it, no matter how good it is.
----
20.12.2016 - 00:55
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Currently climb tall cell phone towers for a living. Been doing it for a while now. On the side we do woodshop work. Cut down our own trees from our property then craft stuff to sell. We just got done building an awesome bench.
26.12.2016 - 22:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 23.10.2016 at 16:15

I don't think a job I'd like doing even exists. The very fact that I'm forced doing it is enough for me to loathe it, no matter how good it is.

I agree, even I say time exist, night job and big holyday job as xmass... for money
----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2016 - 01:29
no one
Account deleted

People do jobs where they just love doing what they do and would do it without pay, like making music for example.
30.12.2016 - 00:43
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Exactly.

My job isn't a hobby or anything but I fucking love doing it. It's all just about finding that right job. It's out there. Never thought that i'd be in the industry that i'm in. Randomly applied for a position on craigslist and ended up getting the job. Been doing it for six years now and will end up staying with it until I retire.
30.12.2016 - 12:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 30.12.2016 at 00:43

Exactly.

My job isn't a hobby or anything but I fucking love doing it. It's all just about finding that right job. It's out there. Never thought that i'd be in the industry that i'm in. Randomly applied for a position on craigslist and ended up getting the job. Been doing it for six years now and will end up staying with it until I retire.

How is border guard what you talk about in FB?
----

apos;'
[image]
31.12.2016 - 21:27
Kennoth

Written by Guest on 27.12.2016 at 01:29

People do jobs where they just love doing what they do and would do it without pay, like making music for example.

Funny you brought music up, because that's the only thing I ever see myself doing and not hating it.

But I still have no means nor knowledge for something like that.
----
03.01.2017 - 17:26
Cass

My first full-time job was customer support technician, in short words I worked in call center. Call center sucks, really, I received dozens of telephones everyday, most of them sounds like "why the fuck internet/television doesn't work you asshole hmm? for what I pay? I want it NOW". Everytime i thought "omg another moron, please die". The only good thing was that I could bring my own laptop and play games or browse the Internet.
12.01.2017 - 03:57
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 30.12.2016 at 12:04

Written by Guest on 30.12.2016 at 00:43

Exactly.

How is border guard what you talk about in FB?

I haven't followed through with it yet. Don't really know if it's for me anymore. Trying to go back to school.
24.12.2017 - 00:51
Drippy.Hippie

Well, I've only ever worked for one company as a full time worker. My first really steady job position......I was a picker in a warehouse (I was there for about 8 years), the section in which I worked was so small in population that you had to pitch in with jobs outside of your description. So, I also dispatched (while also running invoices), I helped out on the truck (delivery) as an extra man sometimes, I even filled in for the supervisor when he was on vacation. My skills with operating the forklift and the cherry picker were perfected over those years. One day when the Checker called in sick, the Supervisor placed me to check and it turned out my accuracy was outstanding, on top of that, I was deemed the top picker and a 'maestro' on the forklift........

So February past, I was transferred to the main section of the warehouse and my new position was Checker (of the Small Orders section), I also was given an assistant. This would end up as the hi-light of my career thus far. It was difficult at first, but I excelled. The manager said in the front of Human Resources that I was the all-time best Checker for that section that the company had ever had (On top of my accuracy, I basically revolutionized the section by implementing a new process/system which I came up with in my head.....my new process not only kept the orders organized by type and the area more clean in general, but it also made it more difficult for others to steal the items).

But a few weeks ago, I was called into Human Resources and got transferred to stock one of the shelves down stairs. So I am now a Warehouse Stocker. The manager was called in to clarify that though I was basically a legendary Checker, serious work needed to be done in that particular section (the stocking of that shelf), the Stocker at the time was basically garbage and I was the most eligible candidate apparently.........I won't lie, even though my new position is far less stressful than Checking, it's fucking boring!! I don't like it. But I'll still try and perfect the skill anyway. The dispatcher has made it known that the dude who currently Checks fucking sucks and doesn't seem to be able to handle it, he begged my/our manager to put me back as a Checker and that he misses me, haha.

In other news, I actually got an award earlier this week for my incomparable work as a Checker this past year (the winners were determined by the votes which the Managers/Supervisors cast and they're split into categories.......I won the Warehouse Category. HAIL THYSELF!):

----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
30.10.2019 - 08:54
Cass

I change my mind, the worst job was IT Administrator at coal mine, omg terrible, the worst nine months of my life
31.10.2019 - 07:15
no one

Written by Cass on 30.10.2019 at 08:54

I change my mind, the worst job was IT Administrator at coal mine, omg terrible, the worst nine months of my life

I bet the money was great though
----
Unable to connect to the database
05.03.2020 - 11:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 31.10.2019 at 07:15

Money is not all you if i was for money i would have better work, i work 80%,
----

apos;'
[image]
05.03.2020 - 23:06
no one

Written by Bad English on 05.03.2020 at 11:59

Written by no one on 31.10.2019 at 07:15

Money is not all you if i was for money i would have better work, i work 80%,

Money is all that matters
----
Unable to connect to the database