Metal Storm logo
Slipknot - New Song Streaming Online

Slipknot's latest album All Hope Is Gone came out six years ago. Naturally, fans are curious about the new material the band has been teasing. The Iowa metallers give us now a chance to listen to a brand new track today called "The Negative One". All you have to do is go to the band's official website to stream the song while you can. After listening to the song, you have to register to listen to it again. It's the small price you pay.

On August 5th, the band will premiere the video for "The Negative One". Now that the ball is officially rolling for the new Slipknot album, what do you think about this first song? Does it whet your appetite?

As for other album details, that is yet to be unveiled.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slipknot
Posted: 01.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 251 users
01.08.2014 - 21:21
Darkside Momo
Retired
Sounds like a bad Soulfly rip-off, and not like Slipknot
OK, it's maybe exagerated. Not that I expected much, but this is below average nonetheless.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.08.2014 - 21:32
Ilham
Giant robot
Actually I think it sounds very much like Slipknot. I will even dare to say it sounds like a medley of their own songs. There's nothing new. Lacks density.
01.08.2014 - 21:39
MyNameJeff

It's pretty bad...
01.08.2014 - 21:43
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
What a crap...
01.08.2014 - 22:14
Ocean Sage

Wow, what did I ever see in these guys? It sounds so bland and basic Slipknot-y. I'm sure everyone will fanboy over this, but now that I'm not angsty youth #09542 back in high school they really sound amateurish.
01.08.2014 - 22:31
Rulatore

Written by Darkside Momo on 01.08.2014 at 21:21

Sounds like a bad Soulfly rip-off, and not like Slipknot

I just had to hear it, to make sure it sucks.
01.08.2014 - 23:29
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I liked the intro then it is very typical slipknot vox delivery with a pretty cool guitar riff then goes into a fairly weak chorus with typical vox delivery then some kind of cool segue with samples into a wicked kickdrum exhibition then grooves on I like it so far then some thrash thing with hard vox then back into that weak chorus but the guitar riff is cool then more of the weak chorus but i dig the drumkit sound the ending is cool how it goes back into the first riff again. I like it overall 8/10.
01.08.2014 - 23:37
pagb666

Found it pretty 'meh'
01.08.2014 - 23:38
Ilham
Giant robot
I needed an inhaler after reading that sentence.
02.08.2014 - 00:28
Rulatore

Written by Ilham on 01.08.2014 at 23:38

Yes same here
02.08.2014 - 01:44
Doge of Venice

It was a scrambled mess. What ever happened to their ability to write songs...
02.08.2014 - 02:35
Sword_Chant

What happened to Corey's voice? It sounds.... weird, like it's a lot higher pitched than usual or something?!

It was quite average I guess... sounds kinda like something off Iowa, but with nothing new to the table. Nevertheless it should keep a few of the older fans content.
02.08.2014 - 05:01
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
This song is complete shit but it gave me a reason to listen to Iowa again so that's nice.
02.08.2014 - 05:17
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 01.08.2014 at 23:38

02.08.2014 - 06:39
Opethian

I'll take that track over their last album. This reminded me a lot of their debut. They never announced a new drummer? My guess is that the drummer will be noted as a 'Session' drummer.
02.08.2014 - 07:26
Rupert

Written by Sword_Chant on 02.08.2014 at 02:35

What happened to Corey's voice? It sounds.... weird, like it's a lot higher pitched than usual or something?!

Yeah I noticed that. It almost sounds like he's been inspired by Behemoth's newest album in a very strange way.
And why is Joey on drums still? Didn't he quit like a year ago?
02.08.2014 - 14:31
Rapid Fire

Not bad but very standard, nothing new. It lacks energy, originality and some more complexity in compositiion. Just the three things I consider that made their debut awesome. I hope that at least this new new album will be better than the two previous ones, nevertheless my expectations still aren't really high.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
02.08.2014 - 15:17
garmling
Account deleted
This is indeed an ordinary Slipknot song, but a good one! at first it was meh, but after few spins it grows and now I like it! this will be a blast at live shows for sure!
02.08.2014 - 23:22
b0sse

I found the entire All Hope is Gone album to be a step in the wrong direction for the band, but this new song sounds more in line with what they had on the Iowa album, so back to form, I guess? lol

Still, Slipknot felt so much better when you were a teen, and now that you're grown up, it just feels kinda meh compared to all other metal.
03.08.2014 - 20:10
JD
Account deleted
Are they trying to copy Mushroomhead? *laughs*
03.08.2014 - 22:30
Slayer666

Written by Rapid Fire on 02.08.2014 at 14:31

Not bad but very standard, nothing new. It lacks energy, originality and some more complexity in compositiion.

Yup, this. It's a typical OK song. It doesn't really do anything wrong, but doesn't go out of its way to do anything great either. It actually gave me some hope for the album, at least it won't be (if the single is any indication) a collection of acoustic guitar songs and corny ballads like I was sorta expecting it to be.

Hits total: 4528 | This month: 7