Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Ink North American Deal With Nuclear Blast Entertainment

Finland-based symphonic metallers Nightwish are proud to announce their newly-inked North American deal with Nuclear Blast Entertainment. The band's as-yet-untitled eighth studio album will be the first to feature new Dutch vocalist Floor Jansen, who has toured with the band since October 2012. Recordings of the new Nightwish material are slated begin this summer. Band members have already spent time in the wilderness of Hattula, Finland working on new song demos with producer Tero "TeeCee" Kinnumen.

NBE President and A&R Chief Monte Conner comments: "It was a pleasure to work with Nightwish at my former label, but now in my new capacity at NBE, I will be more directly involved with the band than ever before. I would like to thank Nightwish and their management for their continued faith in and loyalty to me. I am particularly excited at the prospect of hearing Floor Jansen's debut studio recording with the band. Her performance on last year's live release Showtime, Storytime completely blew me away and proved why she is the perfect singer for Nightwish."

Nightwish's long-time co-manager Ewo Pohjola of King Foo Entertainment adds the following: "Having Monte Conner now back with Nightwish in North America makes us all really happy. And with Nuclear Blast we have always felt at home since day one."

"It's proven to be a very effective arrangement," states song composer and keyboard player Tuomas Holopainen. "We have our peace here, in the middle of nature. We can concentrate 24/7."

"There's stuff that sounds excellent already and stuff that clearly needs some work still," adds bassist and vocalist Marco Hietala. "We have such a strong belief in the end result that we know if will work like alchemy: Scheiße [shit] will turn to gold."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 05.08.2014 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 41 users
06.08.2014 - 09:36
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Weren't they already with Nuclear Blast? Or had they left again?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
06.08.2014 - 09:50
priit

USA/Canada used to be managed by Roadrunner, in Europe they had Nuclear Blast.

Hits total: 1938 | This month: 7