Metal Storm logo
Kyuss

21.05.2006 - 01:41
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Well, this is one of the originators, if not THE originator of stoner rock. You just got to love their blues influence and the great amount of groove they have. Also, Garcia´s vocals are fucking sweet. And so on...
21.05.2006 - 02:15
Xxel
Account deleted
Yeah they're good, but i like qotsa better. Their songs are more catchy
21.05.2006 - 03:46
eleftheria
Account deleted
Kyuss... hell yeah. I agree with you uku. They are the A and Z of stoner in my opinion. And how about the barefoot bassist? Just god! Why they didn't call them Desert Rock?
10.07.2006 - 13:26
Throne of Rats
I was in shock when i found this thread seeing as Kyuss arent very well known but I must say they are my favorite band of all time I enjoyed every single release and own them all although, Wretch was hard to get my hands on though. I can honestly say that I think they are one of they greatest band I have ever heard if not of all time.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
11.07.2006 - 04:34
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I am a fan. What can I say? Good old rock for the road. Kyuss.
----
The force will be with you, always.
11.07.2006 - 06:47
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Kyuss does deserve much mention on metalstorm because of just how influential they are in the whole stoner doom metal/rock scene in the early 90s...I hate how these bands disband right in the middle of their heyday due to the pressure...
11.07.2006 - 10:13
Throne of Rats
Written by Clintagräm on 11.07.2006 at 04:34

I am a fan. What can I say? Good old rock for the road. Kyuss.

Thats what I've always called them "Driving Music"
----
06.09.2006 - 04:02
Endoftherainbow
Kyuss is one of my alltime favorite stoner metal bands but basically anything from that whole dessert scene that they got going on I'm into but out of all those bands I'd have to say Kyuss is best. My favorite album from them is The Circus Leaves Town but they're all amazing.
08.09.2006 - 01:06
Daru Jericho
They're really great! I love the album Blues For A Red Sun. This is a terribly underrated band. They're certainly my favourite Stoner metal band but I haven't heard too many others so I don't have much to compare them to.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

08.09.2006 - 01:12
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Underrated? Hardly. Everyone knows Kyuss if only because of Queens of the Stoneage.
13.09.2006 - 23:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There are a lot of people out there who don't know who Kyuss in CianideDeath...this is in the real world though outside of the context of metalheads...you know, MTV yuppies who know fuck all...so, the general populace would be none the wiser of Kyuss unfortunatly...that wouldn't make them underrated though...it would make them unheard of in most cases...
23.11.2006 - 05:01
Throne of Rats
does anyone reading this thread have the sons of kyuss album??
its very rare and i doubt anyone has it but just incase......
----
27.11.2006 - 04:55
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Throne of Rats: Could you further explain it?
28.11.2006 - 04:02
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Throne of Rats on 23.11.2006 at 05:01

does anyone reading this thread have the sons of kyuss album??
its very rare and i doubt anyone has it but just incase......

I do not think it is that rare seeing that I saw it at a local CD store some time ago. It is however a lot less well known than their self titled or 'Blues For the Red Sun.'
----
The force will be with you, always.
08.03.2007 - 02:01
Throne of Rats
Written by Guest on 27.11.2006 at 04:55

@Throne of Rats: Could you further explain it?

before Their Debut Wretch they were called Sons of Kyuss as a band and they released a CD called Son's of Kyuss it is extremly rare and is worth alot of money.

also a Breaking Rumor. Word on the grape vine is that Kyuss might be reuniting and touring. Hopefully its true.
----
08.03.2007 - 04:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
It might be rare in Australia...I had no idea that they called themselves that before Kyuss; learn something new every day...that would be so awesome if they got back together and started touring again...where did you hear that...?
08.03.2007 - 23:14
rebelos
Account deleted
i can't believe i haven't replying to this yet!

Kyuss OWN!
best stoner band ever!
i love all their albums... and Garcias voice is so Groovy!!
10.03.2007 - 01:45
Throne of Rats
@ Kap'N Korrupt: like i said just rumors but my mate who works in rare records hes boss is hell connected and he said that it is a possiblity. plus i just found out that John Garcia played at a QOTSA gig and they played kyuss songs like Supa Mighty scoop and so on
----
13.03.2007 - 21:05
Kharn
Account deleted
Seems a shame that a lot of Queens of the stone age fans have never heard of them let alone knew that josh holmes was in a band previously. i Think they would really dig it.
I Think they have much more interesting tunes than QOTSA, tunes like "little sister" and "no one knows" just cant compare to "Thumb" and "Spaceship Landing".
Definetely much deeper music.
14.03.2007 - 00:20
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Throne of Rats: Well, that's good news
@Kharn: Yah, totally...I can't stand that most QOTSA fans have never heard of Kyuss...they're so much better...
14.03.2007 - 08:08
Sonic MrSumo
Kyuss ROCK!

For all those Kyuss fans out there that just want more (aside from QOTSA), purchase Unida's 'Coping With the Urban Coyote'. I promise you this, you WILL NOT regret it.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
14.03.2007 - 19:08
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Found and bought "Welcome to Sky Valley" last night. Only had the chance to listen to it once through, but I really enjoyed it.

My only complaint - and a minor one - is that instead of nine songs, they broke it into three songs with three parts to each.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.04.2007 - 22:15
Mockingbird622
Account deleted
there fuckin kool as hell to listen too there best songs are Freedom Run Thong Song and One Inch Man the former is one of the best smoke songs ever
30.04.2007 - 04:11
Throne of Rats
Written by Guest on 12.04.2007 at 22:15

there fuckin kool as hell to listen too there best songs are Freedom Run Thong Song and One Inch Man the former is one of the best smoke songs ever

Really? What about Green Machine, Asteroid (my Favorite) and Allan's Wrench.
----
30.04.2007 - 16:06
Kharn
Account deleted
The list could go on as most of them are downright amazing but...spaceship landing, asteroid(as Mentioned) whitewater, conan troutman.
its a damn shame we dont have a chance to see them live. Dont like QOTSA...Meh.
02.05.2007 - 19:08
Mockingbird622
Account deleted
o man i forgot one million year trip thats a good as fucking high song
02.05.2007 - 22:46
Bulldozer
Account deleted
A kick-ass band if you ask me. Pity that they split up. One of my favourite stoner rock.
I also like Queens of the Stone Age.
03.05.2007 - 12:35
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Kyuss are awesome. Or should I say were ....... My faves are Circus , and blues to the red sun.
03.05.2007 - 14:47
Bulldozer
Account deleted
Does anyone like the Kyuss - Queens of the Stone Age split? I discovered it a long time ago, but I still love that split.
05.05.2007 - 01:37
Throne of Rats
Written by Guest on 03.05.2007 at 14:47

Does anyone like the Kyuss - Queens of the Stone Age split? I discovered it a long time ago, but I still love that split.

What I was never aware of his, what song does it have?
----