Metal Storm logo
Best "so bad they're good" films?

Original post

Posted by Ruchesko, 10.08.2014 - 03:06
If any bad film connoisseurs have yet to see The Dead Pool (AKA Dirty Harry 5), do.

You will be treated to such delights as Clint Eastwood in a high-speed chase with a remote control car, a cockney Liam Neeson, and Jim Carrey as a washed-up glam rocker miming to Guns N' Roses (see below).

10.12.2015 - 13:03
Geist

Written by Guest on 10.12.2015 at 12:54

Written by Geist on 10.12.2015 at 12:48

Posted about this flick in the 'Recently Watched'. "Hands of Steel" is one I caught a couple of months back. Recommended for anyone into 80's Cyborg/Sci-Fi cheese.

Never heard of it, but damn, the guy in it should be hired to play Solid Snake in a Metal Gear Solid film.

Here's a link to the film. Full movie's up on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/LXxl0w_dMgI
13.12.2015 - 13:14
Geist

'Blood Sabbath'

Not sure this one's 'so bad it's good'; it's pretty bad, but not without its charms and Dyanne Thorne (Ilsa She Wolf of the SS). It's worth checking out.

27.12.2015 - 14:54
Geist

Keep My Grave Open

Title's a bit misleading, but well put together film. Camilla Carr does a great job playing a deranged recluse obsessed with her brother, who may or may not be real.

08.08.2018 - 12:56
Horrorgrind

My wife and I watched this last night. I decided to check it out due to Carpenter Brut's video to Beware the Beast (which includes several clips froml heavy metal horror flicks from the 80s, including Trick or Treat) and Acid Witch's cover of a song from the soundtrack. We enjoyed it. The end is definitely something to behold.
----
"... And I will face the grave with you
You'd only have to ask me to
Take this flesh up from this stone
And let it burn..."
31.07.2021 - 16:57
Brutal Water

Grah, again I'm late to the party. No new posts in three years. Allow me to bump this; sue me.

Somebody on the first page mentioned Birdemic. Dear cultured and awesome user, please ignore the rest of this paragraph, whatever your name was. Everybody else, please pick a wall and run headfirst into it as fast as you can. Why? A: Because you deserve punishment for being unaware of this gem. B: Because a concussion is required to sit through this movie without losing your mind.

Birdemic: Shock and Terror is the worst movie ever made, period. I will fight you tooth and nail if you disagree. Sure, there are plenty of so-bad-they're-good movies, but people seem to ignore that most of these have at least one competent crew member that did their job right. For example, The Room's cinematography and sound design isn't exactly bad, is it? Nothing noteworthy, but not bad to the point where you would start complaining about it.

Birdemic: Shock and Terror is 100% bad, with zero redeeming qualities (other than being fun to make fun of). You name it, it's bad. Where other bad movies merely have bad storytelling and acting, Birdemic goes all the way and beyond. Sound is atrocious, cinematography is godawful (it's even worse in the director's first movie; never ever film against bright sunlight if you want people to see anything else than white), editing is tumor-inducing, etc. There's not one single element that comes to mind that could possibly elevate the movie. Hell, even the original tagline had poor grammar: "Why did the vultures and eagles attacked?" As a bonus, at one point the director tried to promote the movie by driving around in a van with the title written on the side of it, except he spelled it "Bidremic".

Enough talking, here's a highlight reel:

Take note of the clapping scene. It is indeed edited like this, with the clapping dying down and then picking up again between shots; this is not the uploader tinkering with the movie. Also note that the sound effects of the birds are clearly from seagulls, not whatever the birds in the GIFs are supposed to be.

And you don't see this in this montage, but Tippi Hedren is the third highest billed actress in this movie. Tippi Hedren can only be seen for a few seconds on a TV screen (a clip from the director's first movie). Of course he had to get her name in there, since she was in Hitchcock's The Birds.

IIRC the entire movie is available on youtube somewhere if you're interested.
----
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
31.07.2021 - 17:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Birdemic, lol. I remember this movie back from a Jon Tron review.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
01.08.2021 - 00:51
nikarg

Written by Brutal Water on 31.07.2021 at 16:57

Take note of the clapping scene.

What a masterpiece. I cannot believe that I had no knowledge of this film's existence. At 13:31 I laughed so hard. There is indeed a full version here, going to watch it for sure.
29.12.2021 - 00:36
Metal Rasputin

One of the most entertaining crappy films I have ever seen is called "Miami Connection". I'm not sure if it even counts as "so bad" because despite being completely insane and cheesy it's actually pretty competent and they did many things right, even if purely by accident.

Plot?

It's about a group of friends who fight evil cocaine motorist ninjas. In America. These guys also play in a cheesy pop rock band which makes songs about taekwondo.

It's stupid, but it also has very positive and childishly innocent mid 80's vibe to it, there's even a message about friendship and world peace. But first the ninjas must be eliminated. At the end It all kinda makes sense, I read somewhere they paid their actors in beer.

----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
29.12.2021 - 02:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Metal Rasputin on 29.12.2021 at 00:36

"Miami Connection".

RedLetterMedia turned me on to that 8 years ago when they showcased it in an episode of Best of the Worst. Is an enjoyable trainwreck of a film. I linked Best of the Worst 7 years and a page ago... tons of terribad but enjoyable movies. And a chunk can be found on YouTube (Miami Connection being one) or Tubi for free viewing.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!