Metal Storm logo
Your Studies

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 01.02.2007 - 23:30
Well, i found weird the fact there was no thread about studies, since most of people on MS are kinda young, and im sure mots of people here are either already working or still students.

Personally, im still at school, but this is the last year i have to spend here before i start studying Architecture in France. Yet i have been planning to study art for many years, as i am really interested in it, but i finally gave up this idea, as i cant take part to the selections, since i am living in Morocco -_-. Ive been looking for information about studies and schools for more than two months now, and Architecture seemed to be the best choice.

And this is the reason why i think it may be interesting to tell us what you are planning to study / are studying / have already studied, and hear your opinion about it, if its easy, hard, exciting etc... You may also tell us how you got to make up your mind about what you were going to study.

Besides, this thread could be the one where you can ask for some help, about what you are studying, or just ask some advice about the choices you have to make (choose a subject.. language.. etc)...

And now its your turn to talk .

EDIT

I forgot something important! Have you ever thought of studying / studied abroad?
Personally, it is one of my projects for the future, it must be such an interesting experience. Im planning to study in France first, and then move to other countries, and continue my studies there. I am especially thinking about UK, Germany and Sweden.
23.01.2009 - 21:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Economics right now, economics in general. I'll start with the new phase, the B-cluster, next week. I'll probably end up studying Commercial Economics.

The problem is, I need to figure out if I want to do it on a level similar to College, or on a level similar to University. I'm in college right now, but I feel I could do more than just that. However, Uni may just be a little too much for me, it may demand too much of my time.

I've promised myself to work my ass off the next half year, to see if I can actually do that for a longer period of time.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.01.2009 - 23:56
Kurzag
Account deleted
Religion which includes hindusim, buddhism and other Asian religions. I also study history.
24.01.2009 - 00:26
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well I opened up my "Study" topic not knowing this was here and alas it was locked like I asked, and good. Anyway, to reiterate what I am doing, I'm currently a junior (by credit hours) at Missouri State University in Springfield, MO. I am majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Geology and hopefully North American Culture Studies as well, with an emphasis in North American Archaeology. As for specifics, I'd love to do work throughout the Great Plains and in the Southwest. I am taking a trip with my Geology class this spring break to the Colorado Plateau where I am "in charge" of the Archaeology of Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. This fits perfectly with what I am very interested in studying and that is Ancestral Pueblo People of the American Southwest (among other topics.) Hopefully this way I'll get a good taste of the atmosphere of the place and can further decide if this is the kind of stuff I want to do. Other than that, I am also looking into to a National Study Program and spending a semester at one of the schools in the Southwest, hopefully the University of Arizona. That way I can see if I want to pursue graduate school in that area or not, not to mention they have a lot more North American studies in that area of the country. So it's all looking pretty well from here. Time will tell.
----
The force will be with you, always.
24.01.2009 - 13:22
MadGatsu
Written by Thrashette on 24.01.2009 at 01:11

I'm currently in my last year of high school with one more semester to go. I can't wait to get out of my town and my school. My plan is to study Mechatronics Engineering at University of Waterloo. If not, I might study Chemical Engineering or go to McMaster University instead. I might get a graduate degree in something like Biomedical Engineering depending on how much I enjoy university and how well I do. I have pretty high marks, but I'm hearing all these horror stories about intelligent hard-working kids struggling through university. If university is anything like high school or elementary school, I'll want to get out as soon as possible lol

I think I would enjoy a short co-op placement in another country and it's something I'm hoping to experience in university, but I wouldn't want to study abroad. My parents and one of my teachers said that I should consider applying to MIT in the States, but I didn't want to.

(Almost) Welcome into the Engineering world o/ Prepare yourself to work hard lol
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
24.01.2009 - 13:49
GT
Coffee!!
staff
I'm still taking my master in auditing/accounting and I'm in my final year. Actually all I have left is an elective (international tax law) and my thesis, which is to be handed in in the end of May.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.01.2009 - 09:40
Fe Maiden
Biology! it's the best I have like two or three semesters left which is extremely exciting. It's way hard so I'm going to work a bit before getting a masters in biomedical sciences, so maybe using Thrashettes equipment?
29.01.2009 - 09:43
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
4th Year Architecture student - currently doing my final year Technical Degree after which Im going back to Uni for my final 2 years (complete my design degree)...then miraculously Im an Architect! Crap hard work though....this year especially is gonna KILL

If I wasnt so old Id love to study Structural Engineering after I completed my Architect Degree and do some crazy shit like Santiago Calatrava hehe
29.01.2009 - 10:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by GT on 24.01.2009 at 13:49

I'm still taking my master in auditing/accounting and I'm in my final year. Actually all I have left is an elective (international tax law) and my thesis, which is to be handed in in the end of May.

hahahh, so you're one of those future financial auditor-sharks huh? enjoy ruining small businesses

as for me, i'm studying economics too, mostly Commerce, though i can't say i like it that much, i might actually give it up in the next years if i'll have some success with my band
29.01.2009 - 18:51
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Valentin B on 29.01.2009 at 10:16

hahahh, so you're one of those future financial auditor-sharks huh? enjoy ruining small businesses

Haha that's the plan yes...plus making a shitload of money doing it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.01.2009 - 19:34
ForeverDarkWoods
Currently finishing the Swedish equivalent of high school. I have less than 6 months left. After that, I'll be studying chemical biology at a university in a little town called Linköping. Hoping to one day become a scientist or something, perhaps research new medicines or something.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
29.01.2009 - 20:08
Ragana
Rawrcat
6 months? Although if June is 'the month of exams', I understand. I'm used to think that school always ends on the 1st of June except for those who graduates elementary and high school (because of the exams).

Going to be a pharmacist?
29.01.2009 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 29.01.2009 at 20:08

Going to be a pharmacist?

Realy now i know where I can ge ''spirts'' for free hehehehhe
BTW where can I buy nowdays ''Borskābe''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.01.2009 - 20:21
ForeverDarkWoods
I said less than six months. School ends in the middle of June, around the eleventh or twelfth or something. Pharmacist is something I might become if I seriously need money, but I'm going to aim for being a scientist first hand. Perhaps I'll work at some university or something.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
29.01.2009 - 20:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite

as for me, i'm studying economics too, mostly Commerce, though i can't say i like it that much, i might actually give it up in the next years if i'll have some success with my band

I'm studying commercial economics, so I'm even worse...

Perhaps I'll be the guy that's shoving the new sucky hyped Metal bands down your throat.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.01.2009 - 20:49
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 29.01.2009 at 20:16

Realy now i know where I can ge ''spirts'' for free hehehehhe
BTW where can I buy nowdays ''Borskābe''

The Institute of Organic Synthesis have lots of it. I mean, the alcohol (spirts). Last time I was there, I saw methanol and ethanol in huge jars too (and asked my mother why do they need so much). But no one will give you those, only if you learned in LU faculty of Chemistry/Biology. Or if you will break into the institute and steal it, hehe.
And boracic acid... good question. I know I have it, because it's for the Novus game table, but I didn't bought it. Ah, but use Google. There were some results if you type "borskābe".
29.01.2009 - 20:56
ForeverDarkWoods
The main problem is that medical or industrial grade alcohol usually contains added emetics (such as ipecac), so it's not all that nice to drink anyway unless you want to seriously go vomit all over the place.
----
29.01.2009 - 21:05
Ragana
Rawrcat

I didn't ever ask why does K7 needs that alcohol. Well yes, alcohol is not equal with vodka anyway.
29.01.2009 - 21:11
ForeverDarkWoods
If it wasn't for the ipecac in it you could get potentially totally ass wasted on medical or industrial ethanol. Those are like 70-80% or something. The main problem is that you puke your fucking guts out if you drink so much as a small mouthful of it, which I'd say isn't a very nice experience...
----
29.01.2009 - 21:19
Ragana
Rawrcat
You can always drink methanol too. An effect guaranteed.
29.01.2009 - 21:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lucas on 29.01.2009 at 20:35

I'm studying commercial economics, so I'm even worse...

Perhaps I'll be the guy that's shoving the new sucky hyped Metal bands down your throat.

can't you mean people just study physics and leave us alone??