Metal Storm logo
Devilment - To Release Debut Album, First Single Online

You have probably heard of Devilment before in previous reports. The band is fronted by Dani Filth ( Cradle Of Filth, Temple Of The Black Moon) and has now signed a deal with Nuclear Blast Entertainment with plans to release the band's first full length The Great And Secret Show this autumn. Their first single "Mother Kali" can be heard here. Do you like what you hear?

The band consists of Dani Filth (vocals), Daniel Finch (guitar and samples) Colin Parks (rhythm guitar/lead guitar), Nick Johnson (bass guitar), Aaron Boast (drums), Lauren Francis (keyboards and vocals). The band's debut album was recorded at Grindstone Studios in Suffolk with producer Scott Atkins, who has previously worked with the likes of Cradle Of Filth, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Sylosis and Gama Bomb. The artwork was created by Drake Mefestta.

Dani Filth had this to say about the signing: "I am thrilled to be a part of the Nuclear Blast family with my other band, the Witch County fiends Devilment. Our debut album The Great And Secret Show is a horror-metal fuelled slay ride of maleficent proportions and deserves some deep infernal love from a label that has dominated the metal market for aeons. And we have found that unconditional love at Nuclear Blast. All of us in the band are really looking forward to the forthcoming months, as the proverbial war machine kicks into gear and the album surfaces like some sub-aquatic monster hellbent on smashing stuff. Until then keep a cyclopean eye out for regular social media updates, videos and the announcement of live shows to further whet your appetite..."

Adds Filth about the cover: "The album cover depicts an intended escape by one of Jack The Ripper's victims, (followed as she is down a moonlit Victorian alley) into another enchanted realm. Some might read it as an imagined release from the horrible pain to follow, but the artist Drake Mefestta and I thought it served to show the lure of the mystical, amid a sea of debauch. The artwork that follows in the booklet is a stunning articulate walk-through of that enchanted realm. The album is entitled The Great And Secret Show and concerns itself with the occult pulse behind the world, a land of imagination that can be slipped into at will. Like a generator buzzing behind everything. The truth behind the Wizards curtain. A phantasmagorical nightscape. A wonderland. A midnight playground. The fertile land of the dead."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Devilment
Posted: 15.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 133 users
15.08.2014 - 19:17
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I like the cover artwork, but the song might require more spin as it did not really impress me.
15.08.2014 - 19:18
Ilham
Giant robot
That cover gave me cancer.
15.08.2014 - 19:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What a beautiful logo.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2014 - 19:57
cossaisVendeurs

DevLOLment
15.08.2014 - 20:28
psykometal
A staff guy...
I actually prefer this to the last couple recent CoF tracks I checked out and was just annoyed by. I think with the way his voice has gone in the last decade, and how boring and played out the theatrical narrative cliché of CoF is, a more stripped down music and deeper tone in his vocals suits him better. And now that Paul Allender is gone, again, I'd say Dani should consider laying CoF to rest and just continue with this band. At this point I'll listen to Devilment long before I'll go back to CoF.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

15.08.2014 - 20:36
Sangre Sani

The album art is so bad...
I really like the song though.
16.08.2014 - 06:56
Vermoorden

Badass artwork, but that logo looks like it was made in microsoft paint... Song is pretty good too.
16.08.2014 - 13:08
Alondate

Bad cover + bad song + dani = win
16.08.2014 - 22:50
Himedal

The cover is pretty gothic. the logo is not really an artwork. the song is 8/10. looking forward to it.
----
What goes by is life to be taken
The doom calls upon the forsaken
17.08.2014 - 15:14
s_t_s

The song may not be a master piece yet I like it and I like the idea that CoF has done its time and that Dani is still moving on. Manticore sounds like tired and uninspired CoF (and I love ALL of their other albums tho !). So Devilment may be a band to follow
28.08.2014 - 15:20
Slayer666

Between Paul Allender leaving CoF and Dani presumably being far more focused on this, I think I can safely assume the next Cradle album will blow ass, if it's ever released.
01.10.2014 - 20:25
Taravilyaion

First (before listening) I thought it was a Dissection rip-off, but it's nothing like that.
Good song.
----
"The best violence against one is the violence no one ever forgets.."
10.12.2014 - 01:33
Morgull

Hey guys. I am an ukranian metalhead and I need your help. I am a great fan of CoF and I am very glad Dani has started this project called "Devilment". I have listened to all the songs of the new album and the best one for me is "Summer Arteries". But, as I am not a native speaker, I don't really understand all the words of that song. So I would be glad if you guys could type the lyrics here. Don't think I am stupid and never tried looking for them in the Web. I tried and found nothing. So please, be kind and help me if you can. Best regards from Ukraine!
16.02.2015 - 00:13
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Morgull on 10.12.2014 at 01:33

Hey guys. I am an ukranian metalhead and I need your help. I am a great fan of CoF and I am very glad Dani has started this project called "Devilment". I have listened to all the songs of the new album and the best one for me is "Summer Arteries". But, as I am not a native speaker, I don't really understand all the words of that song. So I would be glad if you guys could type the lyrics here. Don't think I am stupid and never tried looking for them in the Web. I tried and found nothing. So please, be kind and help me if you can. Best regards from Ukraine!

Devilment isn't even out yet...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

16.02.2015 - 02:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 16.02.2015 at 00:13

Written by Morgull on 10.12.2014 at 01:33

Devilment isn't even out yet...

and people talk shit about me
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 3567 | This month: 7