Metal Storm logo
At The Gates - Set Release Date For New Album

The first new At The Gates album since Slaughter Of The Soul already has a release date set. You only have to wait until October 27th, 2014 in Europe and October 28th in North America to grab a copy. That's when Century Media Records will release At War With Reality. The legendary Swedish band has just wrapped up recording, mixing and mastering work for their much anticipated comeback studio album. At The Gates have also announced their next international touring runs for 2015, which include visiting South Africa for the very first time in May as well as shows in Greece and Turkey and also Norway.

In the classic line-up of their latest masterpiece, Slaughter Of The Soul (1995), At The Gates held the recording sessions for At War With Reality with Fredrik Nordström at Studio Fredman (In Flames, Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir) and then proceed to mix the material with Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Amon Amarth, Kreator).

Vocalist Tomas Lindberg checked in: "We are very excited to finally have finished this new album. An album that we've been working on for over a year now. It's by far the most challenging record that we have made, but it's an honest album and I think that you will feel that it is faithful to the legacy of At The Gates. We have, through the process of creating it, been true to ourselves and our art. From hearing the first demos that Anders presented to the band last summer, through the extensive stages of songwriting, pre-production, rehearsals, recording and mixing, we now finally got the finished album in our hands. We are very happy to have managed to produce an album that we feel is truly 'us'. Something we can all stand behind one hundred percent. I can't wait 'til you all get to hear it!"

At The Gates live 2015:

08.01.2015 - Istanbul (Turkey) - Jolly Joker
09.01.2015 - Athens (Greece) - Stage Volume 1
10.01.2015 - Thessaloniki (Greece) - Principal Club
31.01.2015 - Dublin (Ireland) - Academy
26.02.2015 - Oslo (Norway) - Vulkan Arena
29.05.2015 - Johannesburg (South Africa) - TBA
30.05.2015 - Cape Town (South Africa) - TBA

You can expect more album details soon and probably some new music as well. Later this year, the band will be touring in Europe. At The Gates will be very busy At War With Reality.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: At The Gates
Posted: 16.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 118 users
16.08.2014 - 12:29
Sword_Chant

Niiiiice!
16.08.2014 - 13:47
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Something to look forward to.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
16.08.2014 - 14:13
AnnaNidstaang

Yay! This fall will be amazing if we talk about tours and new albums.
----
Here at the edge of this world... Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone. If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead.
16.08.2014 - 17:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After Erdogan is elected as press... soon there will be metal and concert ban in the Turkey
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2014 - 18:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW 1th swede who did not englishze his name and pronounced it in Swedish how it must be .. Annot, Mikke (both Åkerfelt and Stanne) others .... way to amaricansatin
----

apos;'
[image]
17.08.2014 - 11:04
Alondate

Written by Bad English on 16.08.2014 at 17:40

After Erdogan is elected as press... soon there will be metal and concert ban in the Turkey

It was already a sin to listen metal music in Turkey
17.08.2014 - 12:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Alondate on 17.08.2014 at 11:04

Written by Bad English on 16.08.2014 at 17:40

It was already a sin to listen metal music in Turkey

blame Erdogan, join army take over state and execute him ...
----

apos;'
[image]
17.08.2014 - 18:22
b0sse

Unfortunately, this album will never live up to the hype.
Even though I hope it will.

Hits total: 2064 | This month: 4