14. Bloodwood

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 101 users
20.08.2014 - 21:49
J. N.
Account deleted
As the visionary metal cult known as Today Is The Day prepares to assault the masses with their tenth full-length album, Animal Mother, Southern Lord today discloses the LP's art, track listing and a visual trailer featuring the first precursor of the hostile and haunting audio the album promises to unleash.

As always, the dejected and vengeful hymns Today Is The Day delivers with their latest opus are among the most scathing passages of audio one will experience, as Animal Mother unloads just short of a solid hour of pure anguish. The band's lineup features the rhythm section of bassist Sean Conkling (Regression, Burn Your Halo, Sprawl) and drummer Jeff Lohrber (Enabler, ex-Harlots), fronted by cult leader, founding guitarist/vocalist Steve Austin. Through fifteen diversified attacks, Animal Mother's wrath recalls elements of several seminal TITD albums, merging the dementia of Temple Of The Morning Star with the blazing delivery of In The Eyes Of God, yet several acoustic and more melodic angles elevate the LP's material to entirely different dimensions. Pain and hate are blatantly abundant in Austin's seething and venomous lyrical tirades and emotional outcries. The Animal Mother recording sessions took place at the notorious architect's own Austin Enterprises in the deeply wooded Maine wilderness this brutal past Winter, the material fully produced and mastered by Austin. The cover art for Animal Mother was created by Samantha Muljat.

Southern Lord will release Animal Mother on 2xLP, CD and digital in North America on October 14th. Stand by for further advance audio and video evidence from the album to be released as well as a gigantic list live offensive including several months of heavy touring to be declared shortly.

For two and-a-half decades, Today Is The Day has woven Steve Austin's prophetic observations and noise-soaked chaos through a psychedelic, unique and unmatched battery of heavy styles. The outfit has spawned an incredible discography, forging their way to the forefront of Amphetamine Reptile, Relapse, Blackmarket Activities and many others. The band has toured with countless acts including Motörhead, Morbid Angel, Helmet, Neurosis, Melvins, Napalm Death, Coalesce, Unsane and Eyehategod. Additionally, Steve Austin has produced nearly all of TITD's releases, as well as groundbreaking albums for Lamb Of God, Converge, Deadguy and many others.

21.08.2014 - 16:22
Rating: 8
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
"The dementia of Temple Of The Morning Star with the blazing delivery of In The Eyes Of God, yet several acoustic and more melodic angles"

Holy shit... That sounds fucking delicious.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.08.2014 - 16:27
Rating: 6
Ilham
Giant robot
TITD is one of those bands I always knew I'd be able to like someday, but never fully enjoyed any of their releases. Might change with seeing them live, or after listening to this, since my tastes changed so much. The trailer really aroused my curiosity.
21.08.2014 - 16:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 21.08.2014 at 16:27

TITD is one of those bands I always knew I'd be able to like someday, but never fully enjoyed any of their releases. Might change with seeing them live, or after listening to this, since my tastes changed so much. The trailer really aroused my curiosity.

You should take a trip and blast their discography.
----
Rod, let me love you.
21.08.2014 - 16:36
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.08.2014 at 16:31

It's horrible, I feel the need to do that with almost every band I used to find too abrasive or chaotic, etc, when I was younger. I did listen to a good chunk of their discography back in the day, but I will get around to revisiting a least three of those albums in the next couple of months, this one included.
21.08.2014 - 16:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 21.08.2014 at 16:36

Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.08.2014 at 16:31

It's horrible, I feel the need to do that with almost every band I used to find too abrasive or chaotic, etc, when I was younger. I did listen to a good chunk of their discography back in the day, but I will get around to revisiting a least three of those albums in the next couple of months, this one included.

I'm a rabid TITD fan (with foam in my mouth and all). If you wanna listen to 3 albums including the new one then the other two should be Temple Of The Morning Star and In The Eyes Of God..... Sadness Will Prevail IS their masterpiece though but it might be way too much considering its' length (and also being the most fucked up one).
----
Rod, let me love you.
21.08.2014 - 16:45
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.08.2014 at 16:38
I'm a rabid TITD fan (with foam in my mouth and all). If you wanna listen to 3 albums including the new one then the other two should be Temple Of The Morning Star and In The Eyes Of God..... Sadness Will Prevail IS their masterpiece though but it might be way too much considering its' length (and also being the most fucked up one).

Yeah I said three, but it's just because I don't want to give up too easily, and have a nice global fresh view of what they did. I am writing those names down, thank you my good sir.
15.10.2014 - 19:28
Maco
Pvt Funderground
So, does this sound good?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
15.10.2014 - 22:54
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Full Metal Jacket reference with album title?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
15.10.2014 - 23:57
PocketMetal

It's strange that I've never heard of this band before.
16.10.2014 - 05:40
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by PocketMetal on 15.10.2014 at 23:57

Listen to Sadness Will Prevail. It's totally amazing and depressive.
----
16.10.2014 - 14:22
IronAngel

I am not disappointed.
16.10.2014 - 14:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Maco on 16.10.2014 at 05:40

Written by PocketMetal on 15.10.2014 at 23:57

Listen to Sadness Will Prevail. It's totally amazing and depressive.

Odd, never felt any depression (or sadness) with that beast of an album. I just found it unnerving and disturbed.
Totally amazing as you say though!
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.10.2014 - 21:04
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.10.2014 at 14:23

Odd, never felt any depression (or sadness) with that beast of an album. I just found it unnerving and disturbed.

I always thought it was more depressive than a lot of DBM bands I heard before.
----
18.10.2014 - 08:31
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Maco on 17.10.2014 at 21:04

I always thought it was more depressive than a lot of DBM bands I heard before.

Not really. Angry as fuck, though. More angry than depressing really.

That said, this is a good album.

Hits total: 3367 | This month: 15