‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 74  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Baz Anderson on 02.02.2007 at 19:15
I used to be an asbolute huge Static-X fan, but then - as it does - I moved away from them to the point where I hadnt bothered with them all at all for a few years.
I decided this afternoon to go and have a listen to their 'Start A War' album and see what I made of it properly - as before it really didnt get much attention at all. I thought it was rather ok, but it wet my appetite and in a half-nostalgic way I have worked my way through all of their albums this afternoon.

I think their first two albums are probably my favorites, but the others arent bad either.
Is there anyone else out there that actually likes Static-X? All opinions are welcome..

Page 2 of 2

SerratedSyringe

25.11.2009 at 05:36
Static-X was probably the band that really got me into metal. I don't listen to them as much as I used to, but I think that might change after reading this thread. My favorite thing is the guitar riffs, it just sounds like they are about to bludgeon you to death with their guitars. Also, Wayne's hair is total win.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
I_Die_Often

23.12.2009 at 21:43
They're good!
Play them more than some of the bigger names in metal

Need a smilie on here with Wayne hair!!!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
The Shape

24.12.2009 at 10:27
Written by I_Die_Often on 23.12.2009 at 21:43

They're good!
Play them more than some of the bigger names in metal

I 100% agree, they are great
----
Fat & Sassy!
Nomcat

16.01.2010 at 21:31
I've always seen them as a Ministry worship band. I think it's funny too that they label themselves "disco-metal", as if they are super original enough to make up a fancy new genre. Their music is fun to listen too for a while, but I think I've heard TOO much of them growing up to not get annoyed when listening to them a lot. :/

Oh, and the vocalist's hair is pretty fucking ridiculous looking too.
----
"Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST..." ____Frank Zappa
Uirapuru
Liver Failure

19.01.2010 at 05:08
In which album they have recorded the Ministry's cover ''Burning Inside''?

I loved that song, but downloaded from Kazaa a long time ago and can't find it anywhere... : / Not as good as the original but very catchy and fun.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
Scourge

04.02.2010 at 02:25
Cool band. cool music, cool name and cool hair!!:lol:

they were one of the first metal bands i heard and one of the bands that were the reson i started listening to metal
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
Fat & Sassy!
Nomcat

04.02.2010 at 21:47
Written by Uirapuru on 19.01.2010 at 05:08

It's on a B-sides album, I think.
----
"Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST..." ____Frank Zappa
Uirapuru
Liver Failure

04.02.2010 at 23:06
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 04.02.2010 at 21:47

Written by Uirapuru on 19.01.2010 at 05:08

It's on a B-sides album, I think.

Yeah, Im gonna look through their rarities
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

17.12.2012 at 16:05
New album in 2013?!

Source : here.

it isn't confirmed yet I guess.
----
Jtbmetal123

10.01.2013 at 16:36
Static-X got me into metal. Waynes vocals are awesome and the way the band uses the Industrial sound. Wisconsin Death trip is their best album to me. Plus, Waynes hair is cool as ever. I want to see them live when they come to town.
Lit.
Brütal Legend

16.01.2013 at 00:50
I've been playing out their first album. Really enjoy it, especially the first 4 songs. Haven't thought much of listening to anything else they did. Perhaps I should...
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
stupid noob
Account deleted
  23.01.2013 at 02:23
This band and Fear Factory are the only reasons I think industrial metal is any good, and Rammstein too I guess. I prefer Static-X to Rammstein though because they don't just make music to dance to, and they can sound pretty evil sometimes! They almost remind me of Coal Chamber sometimes, which is definitely not a bad thing. Plus the guy has some badass dreads! My work would never let me grow out my hair like that. HA!

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.