Metal Storm logo
Static-X

02.02.2007 - 19:15
Baz Anderson
Staff
I used to be an asbolute huge Static-X fan, but then - as it does - I moved away from them to the point where I hadnt bothered with them all at all for a few years.
I decided this afternoon to go and have a listen to their 'Start A War' album and see what I made of it properly - as before it really didnt get much attention at all. I thought it was rather ok, but it wet my appetite and in a half-nostalgic way I have worked my way through all of their albums this afternoon.

I think their first two albums are probably my favorites, but the others arent bad either.
Is there anyone else out there that actually likes Static-X? All opinions are welcome..
02.02.2007 - 23:00
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Their first album to me sounded too much like a White Zombie rip-off but I was really impressed with "Machine", their second album. I think they actually managed to bring something new to the industrial metal genre with this album and the genre wasnt doing too well at this time, so it was quite an achievement. Unfortunately, on all of the albums that followed, the band chose to ditch the innovative use of electronics in favor of rather boring nu-metal riffs and song structures. A shame.
03.02.2007 - 01:25
Bitch Boy
I like a couple of songs by them: "Cold", "I'm with stupid" (or is it with A stupid??) and "The only".
03.02.2007 - 08:57
Baz Anderson
Staff
yes - 'Machine' has always been my favorite album. that was the one that got me into them..
i am not good with the industrial genré, so i dont know what it was like in 2001 - but 'Machine' is certainly different to 'Wisconsin Death Trip' - and yeh, it is a real shame about the albums afterwards
i remember being so excited about the next album after 'Machine' before it was released - but it was dominated by seemingly uninspired songs
07.02.2007 - 03:35
Strid
Account deleted
Yeah, older = better here, but I pretty much like all Static-X stuff. 'Beneath...Between...Beyond' has to be my least favourite, but I still kinda like it. I'll admit they have gone from pure industrial to a more mainstream kinda thing, but I really like 'em nonetheless.
07.02.2007 - 22:37
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Well, I heard a promo of "Cannibal" and I have to say that it is surprisingly very good. All I heard was 3 tracks but they were very promising (kinda like Machine but with more extreme metal elements). This means that "Cannibal" might be a good album. Time will tell.
09.02.2007 - 04:34
Strid
Account deleted
When's it gonna be released? I think I heard April but I'm not sure
12.02.2007 - 03:34
Stigmatized
Yeah, I actually liked the way the new song sounded. I like their first 3 albums, but was very dissapointed with Start a War.
20.02.2007 - 01:37
Cut-Throat
wisconsin death trip will always be my favourite! i'm with stupid is their best song!
22.02.2007 - 12:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them my school mate has(maybe I shood say was) tape dunno whitch album, becaus ehere wa swritten Static X and side B was Pantera so I hawe no idea what album it was but before I was lsietning Pantera it wa sok, but i dunno probobly I wont listen Static X anymore
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.02.2007 - 04:53
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Well, i'm not really into Static-X's work.. I only know a couple of albuns.
My opinion here is going to be pretty much based on their live performance in SuperBockSuperRock 2004 here in Portugal. Back then I only had heard 2 or 3 songs from them, and I (although the concert was kinda early like 5pm) really enjoyed the concert. They were able to put houndreds of people singing "Push It"

So yes, Static-X is ok i guess
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
02.03.2007 - 05:23
Baz Anderson
Staff
"I think it's the most metal record we've ever made, and it's arguably the heaviest record we've ever made," Static explains. "But with this record, I had a good time just getting back to balls-out screaming and challenging myself vocally, as well as in the songwriting. I felt like I was back working on 'Wisconsin Death Trip', where I focused on stripping away the excess as much as possible to write short, simple, catchy songs."

sounds promising..
13.10.2007 - 01:51
Olli
Cannibal is a great album! Extremely fast and catchy and the vocals are more aggressive than on previous albums.
It's still not my favorite album though, I actually like "Start A War" the most, but not many other people do just personal taste here.
Anyway static x are something different, good band.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
23.10.2007 - 18:49
m3ta1he4d
I've been listening to Static-X since the beginning of their career.. Early songs that I like are Cold & Structural Defect.. I love their rendition of Black Sabbath's Behind The Wall Of Sleep of the N.I.B. II Tribute album.. I'm beginning to love their genre and Static-X's music.. I have downloaded their Cannibal album a few months ago, but have only listened to it for a few times only.. Then yesterday I thought of them coz their song Skinnyman (great song also) was featured on the game NFS Most Wanted while I was playing it on my PS2.. This morning I listened to Cannibal album, then I figured out that almost all of the songs in here are awesome like Cannibal, No Submission, Behemoth (my fave song in this record), and Destroyer.. i even listened to the album while at work..
23.03.2008 - 03:48
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Their first 2 albums are easily their best! I enjoy the band's music. Lately their newer albums have some good songs, but mostly they've been 'falling off' and neglecting the industrial elements.
30.03.2008 - 13:18
☭ Mr. S &#9773
Owner of the DSA
I went to see them at Ozzfest 2007, and that was it for me. I went out and bought Cannibal, and Machine. I eventually got all of there albums.
----
Seize the weed of production!
16.12.2008 - 19:46
GhosthunterX
Account deleted
I have all their albums including their live dvd and bonus tracks.
(such as Light it Up, Not Meant for me, Speedway, Beneath Between Beyond)
and I have their new song "Lunatic" from Punisher War Zone.
I think that song will be on their new album "Cult of Static" coming out in March
I can't wait for that album to come out
20.12.2008 - 04:56
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've always liked Static-X. They have a good and Catchy sound that they've kept for the most part their whole career. Their live shows are great as well. Their kinda like metal raves in how the entire crowd kind of moves with the sound and like waves
----
Coldgrits
21.12.2008 - 00:47
Khaldi
Yes i listened their Cannibal[2007] & "Start A War"[2005] and it blew me awey , really i like
this band , one of my favorite industrial nu metal bands ever .
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
28.12.2008 - 04:17
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Its so funny to hear static X's name nowadays. i used to be hella into them in like, 7th grade, but nowadays, not so much. at all really.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.12.2008 - 05:00
Gigginova
Account deleted
I find that most releases after "Machine" seem so half-assed.
19.01.2009 - 21:10
brapp32
I heard they have a new album coming out.
20.01.2009 - 00:54
spoonerX
Good news.. love that band since I heard the song The Only from i dont know wher XD
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
Rammstein - Paris, Bercy: 8th of december
20.01.2009 - 17:35
dunny
Account deleted
I went to Ozzfest 2007 and had the honor of seeing Static X live. I was already a fan of Static X before, but that was just an amazing show and only increased my sweetness rating of the band.
14.02.2009 - 06:54
Gigginova
Account deleted
Did anyone hear their cover of Ministry's "Burning Inside"?
14.02.2009 - 12:38
brapp32
I like the ministry cover. I think it sounds pretty good.
14.02.2009 - 16:11
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 14.02.2009 at 06:54

Did anyone hear their cover of Ministry's "Burning Inside"?

I think that's done by Wayne Static and Burton Bell, isn't it?
15.02.2009 - 11:46
brapp32
Yeah I'm pretty sure your right about burton c bell doing that ministry cover with Wayne static. It's a great cover. I'm listening to it right now.
20.11.2009 - 04:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well I rediscovered this band recently and I love it it's now among my fav. bands.
I'd say my fav. album is Machine, closely followed by Start a War. I do enjoy all albums, even if they have changed a bit, ince Cannibal there are sme guitar solos which are not always fitting to the "whole" of teh songs, but it's still a really cool industrial band
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 04:59
Archetype
I've got friends that are really big Static-X fans but I only like a handful of songs. Not bad for a listen every now and then but they get old pretty quick, I think.