Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater - Releasing New DVD/Blu-Ray, Clip Available

Progressive metal titans Dream Theater have announced the release of a new live DVD-Blu-ray. Usually, the band releases a new DVD per album cycle and this new one is called Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House). This a live set of the band's one-of-a-kind performance from the Boston Opera House on March 25th, 2014. Have a taste of what you will find on the new release by watching the clip for "The Looking Glass" (from their latest album Dream Theater) here.

Produced by the band's own John Petrucci, filmed and directed by Pierre and François Lamoureux, and mixed and mastered by Richard Chycki, Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House) is over 2 hours in length, capturing the special evening, which featured guest performances from The Berklee College of Music Orchestra and Choir. The release arrives on September 30th on Roadrunner Records.

The collection will be available in multiple configurations including Blu-ray, a 2 DVD set, and a webstore deluxe exclusive Blu-ray/3 CD set with poster, all currently available for pre-order via the Roadrunner Records webstore.

Guitar virtuoso John Petrucci commented on the special event: "In many ways, this was a huge homecoming for the band given the history of Dream Theater's origins and ties with Berklee. With John and I both being alumni and Mike having been a professor at the college for 10 years, we saw the opportunity to perform together with the students of Berklee as a tremendous thrill and honor. We are extremely grateful for everyone's hard work in making this special event a reality and to all who participated."

He continued: "All of the Berklee College instrumentalists and vocalists did an outstanding job that night and it was awesome to have one of its students, Eren Başbuğ orchestrate and conduct them live at the Opera House after having been a part of our latest studio release in the same capacity. Dream Theater has always had a great connection to the city of Boston and we knew that against the backdrop of the beautiful Opera House, this would end up being a historic stop on our Along For The Ride world tour and an evening most definitely worth capturing on video. Beautifully filmed and directed by Pierre Lamoureux and brilliantly mixed and mastered by Richard Chycki, this is in my opinion, a major highlight in our nearly 30 year career as a band. We are eagerly anticipating its release this fall and really hope that everyone enjoys it!"

Source: dreamtheater.net
Band profile: Dream Theater
Posted: 22.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 77 users
22.08.2014 - 16:31
Daniell
_爱情_
Look, another Dream Theater DVD. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.
22.08.2014 - 16:33
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Kinda true, but this is a good song though With all the DT DVDs I already have, I don't think I'll buy this one though lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.08.2014 - 17:26
MrClansman1

I don't like it. Song and clip are fine and I understand the idea about shooting in Boston as well, but why the hell they're releasing DVDs from almost every single tour. They should keep the magic of tour (show) for fans who attended the show.
22.08.2014 - 21:01
Opethian

In my opinion with Dream Theater it shows that you can be incredibly talented and at the same time put out boring material. Wheres the Aggression and Energy at!?
26.08.2014 - 15:26
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Daniell on 22.08.2014 at 16:31

Look, another Dream Theater DVD. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Lol
26.08.2014 - 15:33
Ivor
Staff
Written by Daniell on 22.08.2014 at 16:31

This Dream Theater fan has become bitter and sour, I see. I agree with the point, though.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
26.08.2014 - 16:58
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Ivor on 26.08.2014 at 15:33

This Dream Theater fan has become bitter and sour, I see. I agree with the point, though.

I.

The lack of enthusiasm is strong in this one, agree I do.
26.08.2014 - 20:11
copycat

Meh

Hits total: 2411 | This month: 4