Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 37   Visited by: 114 users
29.08.2014 - 03:13
Rating: 7
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I have severe bipolar disorder, I struggle to get out of my fuckin bed everyday so please, try and tell me that I don't get mental illness because i'm naive, ignorant or fuckin immature. Of course I didn't mean anything by my comment, god forbid none of you have ever said anything you didn't mean.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.08.2014 - 03:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Let's not turn this into a thread about mental illness. You said something stupid, I moved on. No harm no foul. Let's end the pity party and start discussing why this band is either shitty or amazing or anywhere in between.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.08.2014 - 16:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
While I agree that it was a shitty comment I just want to say:
Written by Alex F on 29.08.2014 at 02:30
No one will understand a mental health issue unless they are inflicted with it themselves

^ Yeah I'm not buying this. Just as you dont need to have cancer to understand its symptons and origins you dont need to have social anxiety to understand how it must feel and why using it as a card during a discussion is awful.

Sorry for being offtopic.... As I said, I have some problems with this band. I like their debut and I enjoyed Sunbather just as much but for some reason if I see a live video I just wanna die xD.
They are probably one of those bands who just suck live and can only make albums.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.08.2014 - 17:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
We do have another thread for discussing mental illnesses: http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=34180

If you want to address anything said in this thread pertaining to things like social anxiety and bipolar disorder, feel free to discuss it there. Future posts not relating to Deafheaven will be deleted.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.08.2014 - 20:40
Rating: 7
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I think this is honestly the worst track they've put out. Even on recording the vocal work isn't fitting. I really liked the Screamo/Envy style approach as opposed to the black metal one. Deafheavn sound like they want to go to a more black metal style which is the exact opposite of what I would like to see.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.02.2023 - 22:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The last minute of this song is incredibly good. I just found another new band to dive into
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.02.2023 - 23:46
musclassia

I'd either not even heard or just forgotten that this song came out, let alone that it had inspired such fiery conversation back in the day; it does sound quite a bit like a song released between Sunbather and New Bermuda, i.e. I quite like it, especially considering how negatively I used to feel about this band (with Deafheaven doing Sunbather in full at ArcTanGent this summer, it might be one more chance for me to see if I can have a breakthrough with that record; I liked their live show enough on the Ordinary Corrupt Human Love tour)

Hits total: 3405 | This month: 10