Metal Storm logo
Arjen Lucassen - Updates On Album With Anneke Van Giersbergen

Back in April, Ayreon's mastermind Arjen Anthony Lucassen revealed that he was working on a new project, a double album with singer Anneke Van Giersbergen (Anneke Van Giersbergen, Devin Townsend, ex-The Gathering). If you were curious to know more about it, Arjen just gave an update and the album is already being recorded. Bassist Johan van Stratum (Stream Of Passion) will play bass on the album and Ed Warby recorded the drums. Rob Snijders, who played drums on Ayreon's The Universal Migrator Part I: The Dream Sequencer and on Arjen's solo album Lost In The New Real, also recorded percussion.

Update from Arjen: "Due to unforeseen problems we re-recorded the drums for the new project with Anneke Van Giersbergen in Sandlane Studios. Ed Warbie recorded the whole album brilliantly in one day with time to spare, it's AMAZING! Johan Van Stratum (who will play bass on this album) and Marcela came by too, so we had a little Stream Of Passion reunion."

Courtesy of Arjen Lucassen's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ayreon
Posted: 27.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 79 users
27.08.2014 - 20:11
Opethian
How about you re record the new Ayreon album
27.08.2014 - 22:11
DeathSlyzer
Written by Opethian on 27.08.2014 at 20:11

WHAT? How dare you not like it?????!!!

Just kidding. But did you really not like the previous Ayreon?
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
29.08.2014 - 05:59
Opethian
Written by DeathSlyzer on 27.08.2014 at 22:11

Written by Opethian on 27.08.2014 at 20:11

WHAT? How dare you not like it?????!!!

Just kidding. But did you really not like the previous Ayreon?

It wasn't a failure. It was just a letdown. I was expecting something Grand to come from Arjen. All of the vocalist on the album were dull and forgettable, nothing stood out unfortunately in my opinion
29.08.2014 - 08:19
DeathSlyzer
Written by Opethian on 29.08.2014 at 05:59

It wasn't a failure. It was just a letdown. I was expecting something Grand to come from Arjen. All of the vocalist on the album were dull and forgettable, nothing stood out unfortunately in my opinion

Ah, I see. I can agree with you to a certain extent about the vocals. The vocalists on 01 and The Human Equation were definitely better. Still, I like the album so much for it's story, and the eoverall flow it has. It goes through so many different parts, and that just worked for me.
----
29.08.2014 - 20:04
Opethian
Written by DeathSlyzer on 29.08.2014 at 08:19

Written by Opethian on 29.08.2014 at 05:59

Ah, I see. I can agree with you to a certain extent about the vocals. The vocalists on 01 and The Human Equation were definitely better. Still, I like the album so much for it's story, and the overall flow it has. It goes through so many different parts, and that just worked for me.

That's the Beauty of it. One person doesn't care for it but that doesn't make it a fact. Also when I think of PROG I don't of 1-3 minute tracks. Hated that from the moment I got the album. Like seriously Arjen? 3 minute tracks???

I prefer Ayreon's older material. Has a lot more to give and Experience
30.08.2014 - 17:10
DeathSlyzer
Written by Opethian on 29.08.2014 at 20:04

That's the Beauty of it. One person doesn't care for it but that doesn't make it a fact. Also when I think of PROG I don't of 1-3 minute tracks. Hated that from the moment I got the album. Like seriously Arjen? 3 minute tracks???

I prefer Ayreon's older material. Has a lot more to give and Experience

Yeah, you're right. Luckily, we're all different. I see what you're saying. I'm not particularly fond of that either. I would prefer 4 long songs over 42 shorter ones. That is a very good point.
----
03.09.2014 - 01:29
crucifiedjesus
And the winner for creepiest pic ever is............

Hits total: 2712 | This month: 4