Metal Storm logo
Religion

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 04.02.2007 - 03:57
1)Protestantism - IMO here are a lot of ppl who comes from protestantic countries a lot of of north Europa and USA/Canada and Central Europe so iMO this gonna win

2)Catholic alot of us comes from South America and South Europe

3)Ortodox - Well if you're Ortrodox in witch groop belonge Greek or Esater(Russian)

4)Muslim some of us are mislims to here
Please explain shiit or sunniit(dunno how spell corect in english)

5)Judaism
Here are fiew ppl who shood belong here

6)Hinduism/Budism/Jainism/sinthoism explain something

7)Shaman/Folk if you belong here explain whit name and soemthing more

8)Atheist why?

9)Other Name whit out name dont post because its spam and Pklease dont vote if dont post

Sorry for short opening post nut I realy dunno what explain because IMO we dont need it here

Ok about me I dunno because I had a lot of blood mixes and I had all 3 cristian religions in family but well hmmm I ont wote not now I shood know more about my pats to vote

Ok I remove my previusly poll because I fogot judaism now I open t for new

EDDIT

Dont vote and mention satanism here othervise its be spam

Poll

In witch religious confesion/religion you belonge?

Atheist
Other
Muslim
Catholic
Protestant
Ortodox
Hinduism/Budism/Jainism/sinthoism
Judaism
Shamanism

Total votes: 255
20.08.2012 - 01:12
Ernis
狼獾
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.08.2012 at 00:48

Instinct Of Survival

That is a very good point and an entirely plausible contributing factor. If we delve even further... where did instincts come from? No need to discuss it here because it might get off-topic but this could go on endlessly and none of us would ever find a 100% certain answer...

Quote:
it's impossible to exclude religion from the historical development of moral and social standards entirely.

...If you just wrote that you have no personal answers to where common sense and good manners come from (which in the end leads to a system of morals).

That was just me stating something that is... it's not an answer to the questions above... neither to the "how did life start and why?" nor "what was before the big bang?" nor "is the universe a bubble floating in another space filled with other similar bubbles or is it unique?"

Peace!

Pax at te tantben! : )
(Peace at thee as well... literally)
20.08.2012 - 01:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ernis on 20.08.2012 at 01:12

Instinct Of Survival
it might get off-topic but this could go on endlessly and none of us would ever find a 100% certain answer...

Will definitely go offtopic considering how it has more to do with biology and the understanding of animals than anything else. But glad that you got the core of my post!

Quote:
Pax at te tantben!

Latin, correct?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.08.2012 - 01:47
Ernis
狼獾
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.08.2012 at 01:24

Will definitely go offtopic considering how it has more to do with biology and the understanding of animals than anything else. But glad that you got the core of my post!

It is Latin somewhere halfway between the old standard version and the new romance versions... Gotta love the language evolution stages (fabulare-fablare-fablar-falar/hablar)... people always have this propensity to munch their words while speaking... in fact I should have written "got to" instead of "gotta" but looks like it's going to be (gonna) just like "edere habet" (literally: has eating) being munched away to become "(com)erà"... not to mention the correct future tense for that verb would be "edet"... but that's the thing with all those originally non-native speakers speaking latin...

Bloody hell... that's off-topic already... In any case, I'm also content to have got the core of your post. In fact, a family priest constantly includes science and biology in his sermons, analysing the behaviour of animals and bringing up examples from the wild to explain the behaviour of humans. It's very educating and as he does this in an entertaining way, it adds even more fun... Oh yes... he did have problems with one particular fundamentalist Christian organisation who basically forced him to leave his home church... It's sad but looks like fundamentalist organisations don't really like laid-back and open-minded people... It's probably because they know that these people will clearly see through their plans to take control in order to oppress and use it for some sinister purposes...
It's especially alarming when even the pope (at least John Paul 2) was unaware of what was actually going on behind his back... So... I think it just shows that the church itself is not evil and it usually isn't evil... it's the a-holes who infiltrate it to abuse the power they may get who give a bad reputation to it...

Sex-offenders is the most popular topic but there are numerous other cases as well which may be less rancid but still very unpleasant... Youth organisations who recruit members in their early teens, brainwash them and then make fundamentalist fanatics out of them forced to spy on each other and catch new victims with the help of lies and trickery. Approved by the pope (yep... only the beautiful side is presented to him and it's plausible the idea was great in its initial stage until someone started to use it to one's own advantage).

In Ireland some nuns and priests decided to open shelters for abused housewives, abandoned single mothers and prostitutes. They would organise a temporary housing and a job in order to help the ladies start a new life. Who knows what happened but looks like someone smelled an opportunity to make some money and in the end many of those facilities became prisons who received money from parents who wished to keep their "sinful" daughters and female relatives locked up there... usually when a girl was raped or when she inherited a fortune that her relatives wanted for themselves... The initial idea was nice tho...
20.08.2012 - 12:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Guest on 19.08.2012 at 14:42

I can't tell if you're playing the devil's advocate, but the church providing us with moral standards?

i just said what some ppl say just to make clear that i DON'T think the same
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep