Metal Storm logo
ZIP Password cracking

04.02.2007 - 22:44
Remus

Ok, so i got this WinRAR file from a friend, containing music, but it's old and he forgot the password to it. I'm dying to open it 'cause it's got quite a lot of stuff in it. Why the bum put a password on it is beyond me. Anyway, how on earth do you crack the password? Any hackers on this site who can help me? Any free programs i can download from da net to crack this SOB?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
04.02.2007 - 23:12
Zombie, M.D.

I cant help you hack it, but did your friend download it from a website? Often times, I find the password is typically the address of the site you got it from.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
04.02.2007 - 23:26
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, ok, there is one program I use, it is called Zip Turbo Cracker, and I think you can find it for free, but it is waste of time if you ask me, you don't know how at least characters that password contains? If you don't know that it can take time to decode it, there is a chance you put it to work now and your grandson get the code. If he know hom many characters are in the password there is chance you get that code, but remember that it could be numbers, signs... it is real hell, as Zombie said try to ask him on which site he downloaded that and try to find password there, since MediaPortal is very popular try to type name of ther site, I did it once accidentaly, i didn't know it is from that site...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.02.2007 - 23:48
Remus

Cool thanks, i'll try the ZIP Turbo Cracker thing (could they have come up with a cheesier name? how about "ZIP Supercharged Cracker with Fuel Injection and Free Flow Exhaust").I'll ask the guy about the website as well.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.02.2007 - 00:05
APOHAKC
The Bard
No problem
----
05.02.2007 - 20:35
Damnated
Churchburner
if the password is longer than 4 characters, and the word does not have an actual meaning (you can't guess it), something like jh1aq then the probabilties are 1275. if the password is longer than 5 characters, then you can forget about it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.02.2007 - 22:11
APOHAKC
The Bard
Once I succed to unzip fail with 13 characters with turbo zip cracker so there is minimal chance of succeiding...
but don't be to optimistic...
----
07.02.2007 - 01:44
Damnated
Churchburner
wow, but how much it took? a week?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
07.02.2007 - 15:01
APOHAKC
The Bard
I don't remember but no longer of one day, but I knewsome things, I knew that there are only numbers and it was easy, not so many combintions.
----
12.02.2007 - 02:46
Remus

Thanks for the advice fellas but i've given up on it allready! And to make things worse i just saw "Swordfish" again and Hugh Jackman hacked into the FBI's database(i think) in less than 60 seconds and i can't even crack da password of a shitty ZIP file! It's like he was mocking me, the bastard!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!