Metal Storm logo
When bands keep their mistakes in the album!

09.09.2014 - 20:18
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Have you noticed mistakes and flaws in studio albums? I think that some bands actually let some of their flaws in the albums to make it more "real", if you know what I mean.

Here is an example:

Listen to the solo, at 3 minutes and 41 seconds it seems he actually miss one of the notes.

More examples?
10.09.2014 - 00:55
Mattybu

He doesn't vibrato or do anything fancy with it but I'm pretty sure the proper note does get hit in that part of the Kalmah solo. Just doesn't get held that long. Off the top I can't really recall any other off notes except that one in I believe one of the Seek And Destroy solos on Kill 'Em All. And even that one there's some story behind it, my memory of which is cloudy.
10.09.2014 - 01:48
Lit.
Account deleted
Fuckin' missed it!

10.09.2014 - 11:43
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Guest on 10.09.2014 at 01:48

Fuckin' missed it!

Page not found
28.09.2014 - 19:45
Tzo87
Music lover

I suppose that, in 0:04, Dave Murray turns the volume knob up on his guitar and that results in an instant feedback.
I don't think that this was intended, however they decided to keep it.
----
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
29.09.2014 - 23:34
Risto
Wandering Midget
Kirk Hammett's mistake at the end of his solo in "Master of Puppets" is of course a classic.

Also, some songs on Tales from the Thousand Lakes were supposed to have double bass sections, but the legend says the producer forgot to turn up one of the bass drum channels.

29.09.2014 - 23:57
Vombatus
Potorro
This one has some sloppy guitars, fuckes up a bit at 1:16 Still a fantastic song, among my favorite by the band.

On this one the recording is faded in because the guy responsible of the recording in studio forgot to press the record button It's actually 2 minutes longer, with a very cool intro (they play it live though).

30.09.2014 - 00:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 29.09.2014 at 23:57

This one has some sloppy guitars, fuckes up a bit at 1:16 Still a fantastic song, among my favorite by the band.

Haha, yeah, I was never sure if that was weirdly intentional or not but I liked it nonetheless.
30.09.2014 - 16:16
Tzo87
Music lover

It was not the band's mistake, however it was a major fuck up by their sound engineer (which eventually opened new frontiers for the grindcore genre)! I have written it in the "Trivia" section of Carcass:

"Reek Of Putrefaction" was recorded in four days at Ritch Bitch Studios in Birmingham. According to guitarist Bill Steer, the studio's engineer "ruined" the record, especially its drum tracks. Carcass had only had a few hours available of mixing, so they had to release the LP as it was to meet the label's deadline. The band were "everything but happy" with the end result, declared Steer.

When the master recording was first sent to the pressing plant, the original vinyl LP had to be pressed at lower volumes, because the bass frequencies were so low (sometimes reaching 25 Hz) that they were in danger of rendering higher frequencies inaudible.
----
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
30.09.2014 - 20:36
Dave FC

Interesting topic.
I always thought that Bill made a terrible mistake at 4:48

I'm sure that I listened more but i can't remember where...
01.10.2014 - 11:44
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek

Not sure if it's a guitar players problem, a sound problem or if it was intentional, but I feel that at 0:41, the there's a note missing. If you hear at 0:33, you can clearly hear the 3 notes he's playing, at 0:41 it isn't that clear anymore. (Yeah I used to listen to these guys!)