Metal Storm logo
Slipknot - Debut New Video, New Masks Unveiled

Slipknot just premiered their new video! After some teasing, the American metallers have revealed their video for "The Devil In I" and also their new masks. Clown designed a mask that both the new drummer and the bass player will wear. So, what did you think about the video?

.5: The Gray Chapter, the band's forthcoming new album, is released on October 21st via Roadrunner Records. Slipknot will begin a North American tour with Korn and King 810 the following week.

You can still stream "The Negative One" as well from the new album.

Tracklist:

01. XIX
02. Sarcastrophe
03. Aov
04. The Devil In I
05. Killpop
06. Skeptic
07. Lech
08. Goodbye
09. Nomadic
10. The One That Kills The Least
11. Custer
12. Be Prepared For Hell
13. The Negative One
14. If Rain Is What You Want
15. Override [bonus]
16. The Burden [bonus]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slipknot
Posted: 12.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 241 users
12.09.2014 - 17:40
Lord_Agony
I honestly thought they couldn't get worse
12.09.2014 - 18:20
Resheph
I quite agree with Sir Agony, Slipnot has sunk to unexpected depths, even taking into account their previous mediocrity.
I have seen them live multiple times over the past 15 years (on festivals, not totally by choice) and I have always found their music overrated formulaic drivel. Judging from the video published they don't even try anymore. They always were just a novelty act that did not survive a critical listen.

Their old audience of 16-year olds that never heard other, better music/metal has grown up and moved on to superior bands, and I highly doubt there's a fresh batch waiting for them, especially as the music really sucks. Just having a new mask doesn't cut it anymore, and it never should have.
12.09.2014 - 18:41
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Dear christ that was awful. The great thing about early Slipknot was the anger (like in People = Shit), but now it just sounds like a slightly heavier Nickleback. Not surprising that it sucks however...
12.09.2014 - 18:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Eh, I've heard a lot worse to be honest. Fairly passable.
12.09.2014 - 18:51
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Wake up guys. We already knew about this song before. Let's talk about masks and video... very, very confusing... especially Corey mask. And that video looks rather like Behemoth video, bloody one.
12.09.2014 - 19:47
Lit.
Account deleted
What in the name of the fuck is with that album cover?

"My body would be ready... if I had a body to begin with."

12.09.2014 - 20:14
TheDarkWizard
Awesome
12.09.2014 - 20:22
sharkruisher
At least the video for this song was better than the one made for "The Negative One"

As for the masks, does not look like they have changed much at all, except for Corey. The new guy's masks doesn't look very special at all.
----
I have been called many names, and they are all true

Metalhead, long haired bastard, (former) reviewer, Swede, semi-handsome, dingus
12.09.2014 - 20:25
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
LOL at the one piece reference
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.09.2014 - 20:36
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Very, very underwhelming IMO. I've never been a fan or listened to Slipknot but listened to it nevertheless, will definitely not bother to listen to the whole album. The albumcover must be a joke..? Veeery bad..

Bad stuffs aside, the video was kinda cool though
12.09.2014 - 20:53
Sword_Chant
A lot of negativity on this thread... It's not that bad, definitely heard worse. I suppose it's more of the same, that said the like bar on youtube (from the biggest fans i'm assuming) isn't complaining.
12.09.2014 - 21:04
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I really don't see the need for bands like Slipknot to write songs that go into these jangly choruses with sweet singing... it should be crushing and powerful with roaring vox right through... their efforts to show contrast and emotion do two things for me... (1) question why the singer is such a whiny baby and (2) make me hit the FF button. This song has elements of a good metal tune but the chorus takes me right out of it. If I want to hear sweet music I'll listen to Blues Pills.
12.09.2014 - 21:51
Hurr Durr, Stone Sour with double bass.
12.09.2014 - 23:33
Written by MeatloafCupcake on 12.09.2014 at 21:51

Hurr Durr, Stone Sour with double bass.

My thoughts exactly. It's insane how much they let that Stone Sour vibe get in Slipknot. He barely roars anymore, that whole rage is absolutely gone. Even when he yells we can feel it's a controlled yell, it doesn't come from the heart.

I used to be a fan when I was a kid, but hey that's over 10 years ago. Now as someone said above, I have moved on to MUCH better bands. Slipknot have always been an "Intro to the genre" as far as i'm concerned.
12.09.2014 - 23:55
moonflash
What a disgusting video. This trend of pathetic music videos featuring blood retching to somehow emphasize their pseudosatanism needs to stop. Enjoyable songs though (this one and negative one). Their album should be fairly interesting.
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
13.09.2014 - 00:14
InnerSelf
proofread free
Only thing I liked in this thread is the One Piece joke. Though the song is sorta nice.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
13.09.2014 - 05:54
Not sure if I'm feeling this one.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
13.09.2014 - 10:50
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The most important question is WHO is King 810?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.09.2014 - 20:33
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by LeChron James on 13.09.2014 at 10:50

The most important question is WHO is King 810?

You mean who is the new drummer.
15.09.2014 - 01:43
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Wasn't bothered about The Negative one but I really like this

Hits total: 3899 | This month: 6