Metal Storm logo
Fear Factory - Sign With Nuclear Blast, New Album In 2015

It's time for a new Fear Factory album folks! The Los Angeles industrial metallers have signed a deal for North America and Europe with Nuclear Blast Entertainment and are currently working on material for their Nuclear Blast debut. The as-of-yet-untitled album will be co-produced by long-time collaborator Rhys Fulber, along with Cazares and Bell. A winter 2015 release is expected. Let the anticipation begin...

Comments guitarist Dino Cazares: "Evolution and change are key elements in the non-stop growth of Fear Factory. With that said, I am proud to be back working alongside the first man to believe in what we were doing back in 1990. He took a chance and signed us, and the rest is history. Monte Conner, once the main A&R man at Roadrunner Records, has now once again come back into the Fear Factory family with his new home - Nuclear Blast Entertainment. We can't wait to deliver an epic new album to kick off this new era."

Adds Monte Conner: "Fear Factory are truly one of the groundbreaking metal bands of our time. On their 1992 debut Soul Of A New Machine, Burton C. Bell introduced the world to the alternating heavy and melodic dual vocal approach that would go on to become a staple in metal to this very day. The following year, they were the first metal band to enter the industrial/dance remix world with the pioneering Fear Is The Mindkiller EP. And look at the countless metal bands who have since imitated the unique machine gun-style rhythm section, created when Dino Cazares' staccato riffs locked in perfectly with the syncopated kick drums. I am excited to be reunited with this legendary band, and I am certain their Nuclear Blast Entertainment debut will be another Fear Factory classic."

Fear Factory's latest album, The Industrialist, came out two years ago. What do you expect from the new record?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fear Factory
Posted: 13.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 80 users
13.09.2014 - 13:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
They seem to have had a hit / miss ratio going on recent years, so after The Industrialist this should hopefully be a decent album.
13.09.2014 - 14:34
Pimpelmee
Amazing Mapman
If only they could be as good as they were on Demanufacture. I think it's a shame that this album is not in the Top 200 albums list.
13.09.2014 - 15:30
Sword_Chant

Cool! Look forward to hearing this
14.09.2014 - 09:50
Rapid Fire

Written by Pimpelmee on 13.09.2014 at 14:34

If only they could be as good as they were on Demanufacture. I think it's a shame that this album is not in the Top 200 albums list.

Agree with the Top 200 thing, as Demanufacture is one of my all-time favourite albums. However I think impossible they are able to reach this level again, it's one of these once-in-a-lifetime albums, also, whatever they release it won't be so groundbreaking as Demanufacture was.

Expecting a new good album though. They've never really dissapointed me.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
15.09.2014 - 15:30
s_t_s

Written by Guest on 13.09.2014 at 13:12

They seem to have had a hit / miss ratio going on recent years, so after The Industrialist this should hopefully be a decent album.

Are you talking about the band itself now being made of Bell and Cazares only (what is somehow a shame after Archetype and Mechanize) or about their latest albums ? Except for their remixes that I don"t really like (and let's forget about that "best of" shit ) I love all their albums but Transgression (gosh that U2 cover still makes me have nightmares sometimes )

Anyway I love the band from their early years up till now so I'm always happy to hear about them tho I've read that their latest performance on stage were kinda shitty
15.09.2014 - 15:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by s_t_s on 15.09.2014 at 15:30

Are you talking about the band itself now being made of Bell and Cazares only (what is somehow a shame after Archetype and Mechanize) or about their latest albums ? Except for their remixes that I don"t really like (and let's forget about that "best of" shit ) I love all their albums but Transgression (gosh that U2 cover still makes me have nightmares sometimes )

Anyway I love the band from their early years up till now so I'm always happy to hear about them tho I've read that their latest performance on stage were kinda shitty

Just their general albums really. While I thought Archetype and Mechanize were good albums, Transgression and The Industrialist were less so for me. I suppose you could even go further back and say Digimortal was not a good album after the good Obsolete, though I do happen to quite like Digimortal.
15.09.2014 - 15:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

It's almost like they've become consistent at releasing something good and then following it up with something... not so good. Mechanize wasn't exactly album of the year contender for me but it was still a solid album. Transgression, not so much. It's pretty much a guarantee I'll like this album based on that pattern.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.09.2014 - 15:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.09.2014 at 15:35

It's almost like they've become consistent at releasing something good and then following it up with something... not so good. Mechanize wasn't exactly album of the year contender for me but it was still a solid album. Transgression, not so much. It's pretty much a guarantee I'll like this album based on that pattern.

Fear Factory = the Microsoft Windows of metal.
15.09.2014 - 15:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 15.09.2014 at 15:38
Microsoft Windows metal.

Editing their style right now.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.09.2014 - 15:48
s_t_s

Written by Guest on 15.09.2014 at 15:33

Written by s_t_s on 15.09.2014 at 15:30

Just their general albums really. While I thought Archetype and Mechanize were good albums, Transgression and The Industrialist were less so for me. I suppose you could even go further back and say Digimortal was not a good album after the good Obsolete, though I do happen to quite like Digimortal.

Well like I said, I love all of their albums except for Transgression which ended its life into my trashcan when Archetype came out

I like The Industrialist a lot even tho the last track is a shameless filler... Come on 9 minutes of noise ? Yet I wish the band became a BAND again. If I'm not wrong in The Industrialist only Bell and Cazares are band members... I don't understand why after their latest albums... Anyway... Wait and see.
15.09.2014 - 15:49
s_t_s

Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.09.2014 at 15:35

MECHANIZE is awesome and its last track, Final Exit, is up to FF's reputation ! They truly rock at atmospheric/sad songs ! I missed that tho in The Industrialist...

Hits total: 2755 | This month: 6