Metal Storm logo
Movie Soundtracks

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 05.02.2007 - 23:50
I wasn't really into movie soundtracks, the only one I knew is The Conquest of Paradise, I like it very much, but that was it.
3 weeks ago, a friend gave me 2 ms: Dracula and The Lord of the Rings.
I was impressed, these soundtracks are just awesome, I like specially the atmosphere it creates, I have to admit that it does it better than many metal bands.

So, what movie sountracks do you like? which ones do you recommend?
06.02.2015 - 13:32
IronAngel

I see Conan mentioned quite a bit, and yeah - it's pretty good as fa as orchestral, epic stuff goes. It is subtle and melodic, rather than the bog-standard pompous and loud scores you get in scores (eheh) these days.

I love the Blade Runner soundtrack, though. Even as a standalone, it is one of the better ambient/progressive electronic albums out there.
06.02.2015 - 21:24
ANGEL REAPER

Yeah i concur Blade Runner have god electronic soundtrack as the rest of Vangelis albums .
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
09.02.2015 - 21:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Repo Man has an absolutely stellar sound track as well.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.03.2016 - 20:02
3rdWorld
China was a neat
This is insanely cool! I love it more than the movie itself and can't stop listening to this.

22.04.2016 - 21:51
MnetalEclipse
Account deleted
The Revenant has one of the best soundtracks Ive ever heard. and it is a great standalone ambient album which is somewhat rare these days