Metal Storm logo
Today Is The Day - New Video Released

Noise bringers Today Is The Day have shared online a new sonic assault called "Masada". This is also the first track you get to hear from their upcoming album Animal Mother. What are you waiting for? Click play on the video created by David Hall / Handshake Inc. below to enjoy it.

The output Animal Mother is coming out on Southern Lord Recordings on October 14th, 2014, the band's first venture for the label. What did you think of the video?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Today Is The Day
Posted: 19.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 21 users
19.09.2014 - 13:08
Ilham
Giant robot
Yeah okay, I stopped watching after the first signs of an epileptic seizure, but otherwise I liked the song. I still haven't re-checked their back catalogue, I have no idea how this compares to their past stuff.
19.09.2014 - 13:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 19.09.2014 at 13:08

Yeah okay, I stopped watching after the first signs of an epileptic seizure, but otherwise I liked the song. I still haven't re-checked their back catalogue, I have no idea how this compares to their past stuff.

If I had to compare between this song and what I'm used to:
First thing I noticed, the vocals are far less abrasive. This can be both great and bad depending on who you are asking. I like these vocals just the same but on the previous albums there is far more use of those high-pitched screams that now you can just heard them far away in the background of this song.

The song itself sounds much slower (quite a doomy vibe but maybe that's just me)... They usually play much faster and with ever-changing riffs. It feels as if they wanted to go a bit on the hypnotizing side of things with the repetition. The production is chunky too, I like that... It reminds me of the sound from Temple Of The Morning Star.
Uhhm, yeah... that's my take on it. It's a good song but I guess I expected more insanity and variation but it still sounds like it's coming from the same band. Very interested in how this song works in the context of a full album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.09.2014 - 13:50
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.09.2014 at 13:35

Well, you confirmed one or two impressions I had. I do remember them being far crazier than this. Thank you for the other precisions. Also, "doomy", no, sludgy, yes. Hypnotic, most definitely, even the video was made in order to exacerbate that sensation. When you look at it after watching the video, the album cover seems to aim for the same effect. I suppose we can expect a heavier, hypnotic TITD album this time.
19.09.2014 - 13:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 19.09.2014 at 13:50

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.09.2014 at 13:35

Well, you confirmed one or two impressions I had. I do remember them being far crazier than this. Thank you for the other precisions. Also, "doomy", no, sludgy, yes. Hypnotic, most definitely, even the video was made in order to exacerbate that sensation. When you look at it after watching the video, the album cover seems to aim for the effect. I suppose we can expect a heavier, hypnotic TITD album this time.

Yeah sludgy is far more precise. I guess that was what I was aiming for but I got a brainfart on the way. I'm a bit surprised though because they commented on the album being some sort of mix of Temple Of The Morning Star and In The Eyes Of God... I can see the heavier side of the former but it's still not as aggressive, in your face and bizarre as the later. Then again, it's just one song.
A heavier. hypnotic TITD does seem like an interesting take and something I would look forward too because even though I love basically everything they've done: It's ok if they change a little bit now and dont make yet another direct blast to my ears. This could mean their set would be very varied in terms of tempos and crazyness which is even more exciting.
When I saw them at Roadburn I was DONE after 40 mins (they were supposed to play for a full hour but apparently everyone was exhausted).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.09.2014 - 14:06
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.09.2014 at 13:54
Yeah sludgy is far more precise. I guess that was what I was aiming for but I got a brainfart on the way. I'm a bit surprised though because they commented on the album being some sort of mix of Temple Of The Morning Star and In The Eyes Of God... I can see the heavier side of the former but it's still not as aggressive, in your face and bizarre as the later. Then again, it's just one song.
A heavier. hypnotic TITD does seem like an interesting take and something I would look forward too because even though I love basically everything they've done: It's ok if they change a little bit now and dont make yet another direct blast to my ears. This could mean their set would be very varied in terms of tempos and crazyness which is even more exciting.
When I saw them at Roadburn I was DONE after 40 mins (they were supposed to play for a full hour but apparently everyone was exhausted).

Oh okay. Looking forward anyway.
Why, I'm going to need some silence after that set I'm sure.

Hits total: 1601 | This month: 6