Metal Storm logo
Machine Head - New Songs Leak, Band Streams 'Now We Die'

Nowadays, it became common to have songs leak before official releases. Well, Machine Head's frontman Robert "Robb" Flynn just informed their fans that their new songs "Now We Die" and an album version of "Killer & Kings" have leaked via iTunes UK. The band also decided to share an upload the song on YouTube and get it over with. So, the cat is out of the bag. Amidst all the mess, you get to listen to the new song "Now We Die" below.

Rob Flynn wrote on his regular diary of a frontman journals: "'Now We Die' has officially leaked. And why am I telling you this information? Information that just a few years ago, labels and bands would have been trying their hardest to pull down from torrent sites and flag YouTube channels? Because in 2014 you just have to own shit like this. Own it... and move on.

"John Lennon once sang "life is what happens, while you're making other plans..."

"That's right my friends, 'Now We Die,' the first track and lead single off of Bloodstone & Diamonds has officially leaked, 3 weeks ahead of its originally scheduled Oct 10th release date as a digital single. Mindbogglingly, it was leaked via an iTunes UK Pre-Order page that 'someone' fucked up on (and who is about to be fucking fired!) that basically said, 'pre-order Machine Head's new album and get TWO free songs. Oh yeah, that's right, the official album version of 'Killer & Kings' has leaked too. Un-fucking-believable. We are FURIOUS.

"Imagine what a total shock it was to the band and our new label, Nuclear Blast Entertainment. I found out about it when a friend of mine from the UK texted me saying, 'dude, Now We Die is KIIIIILLLLLLLER', I went 'uh, how did you hear it...?' Regardless, there is no sense fighting it. The Internet is the speed of light nowadays, and you know, what? That's a good thing.

"It had only been localized to the iTunes UK site, (meaning: nowhere else in the iTunes World had a Bloodstone & Diamonds pre-order page even up to be seen) but let's face it, it was only a matter of hours before it went all over torrent sites and YouTube, so us and our label have made the bold decision to follow suit with the UK iTunes page, and offer the 2 songs as a 'gratis' purchase when you pre-order the album from any worldwide iTunes site. It is going up on Spotify as soon as humanly possible. And we've taken it one step further.

"We have decided to upload both 'Now We Die' and 'Killers & Kings' to our own YouTube channels for anyone who wants to hear both songs for FREE, without a pre-order. This is our way of saying 'thank you' to our fans in the U.S. for their patience and understanding in our difficult decision to postpone our U.S. tour. We hope these songs show a glimpse of what we've worked on over many months of recording to achieve. Our hope is that this represents why we are taking so much pride and putting in the extra effort and workmanship into creating something we feel is truly special.

"There is no half-stepping in Machine Head. It's all or nothing. And if you like it, we want you to SHARE IT! We've told the distributors specifically 'do not take down fan YT channels with 'Now We Die'. Spread the word on your own YouTube channels, post it on your friends Facebook pages and feeds, make your own tribute pages, make your own lyric videos, make parody videos, post your own guitar videos of it, post your own singing videos. We want to post YOUR videos of these songs too!

"Pre-Order pages for Nuclear Blast will be going up in the next few hours, it may be up on your iTunes now, but either way, we are going to turn this into a positive for the fans. We cannot wait to share the rest of the record with you. For now, here is a fan channel of 'Now We Die'."

Tracklist:
01. Now We Die
02. Killers & Kings
03. Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones
04. Night Of Long Knives
05. Sail Into The Black
06. Eyes Of The Dead
07. Beneath The Silt
08. In Comes The Flood
09. Damage Inside
10. Game Over
11. Imaginal Cells (instrumental)
12. Take Me Through The Fire

The band's Nuclear Blast debut will be released on November 7th (Europe) and November 10th, 2014 (North America/UK) on several physical and digital formats.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Machine Head
Posted: 25.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 177 users
25.09.2014 - 21:40
Sword_Chant
Sounds great to me, they've still got it. Not as strong as material from The Blackening but sounds just as good as the last album did. Kudos to them
25.09.2014 - 21:51
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I like Flynn's sentiment with the free offering... unfortunately I got pretty cynical listening to the music for this track and thought the "epicness" was just a bit too epic... preferred Killers & Kings.
25.09.2014 - 22:35
Lit.
Account deleted
Sweet violin.
25.09.2014 - 22:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Generic.

Flat out boring with only middle section got some nice touches.
26.09.2014 - 01:49
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by Sword_Chant on 25.09.2014 at 21:40

Sounds just as good as the last album did.

Which to me translates to "not very good"
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
26.09.2014 - 02:07
Mattybu
Awful. I don't even know what compelled me to click the play button, just flat out boring metal on every level.
26.09.2014 - 02:37
Zap
I fell asleep. And then I woke up and decided to turn off this boring song.
26.09.2014 - 03:00
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Mattybu on 26.09.2014 at 02:07

Awful. I don't even know what compelled me to click the play button, just flat out boring metal on every level.

So that you could post this comment?
26.09.2014 - 03:18
cossaisVendeurs
Nuclear Blast is becoming the new Roadrunner.
26.09.2014 - 05:40
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
I like it!!
26.09.2014 - 09:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Zap on 26.09.2014 at 02:37

I fell asleep. And then I woke up and decided to turn off this boring song.

Do you know this song last long to 7.27 mins?

How far you can go and tear out of yourself to become a bigger asshole.
26.09.2014 - 10:13
Mattybu
Written by LeKiwi on 26.09.2014 at 03:00

Written by Mattybu on 26.09.2014 at 02:07

So that you could post this comment?

No, that wasn't it.
26.09.2014 - 15:51
Eternity'sChild
I don't think that it is bad, but it is way too long. I'd say this is material for 3 to 4 minutes (after that it just gets boring), but not 7...
26.09.2014 - 18:35
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Mattybu on 26.09.2014 at 10:13

No, that wasn't it.

You sure?
26.09.2014 - 19:24
bitethepain
Love it! Can't wait for their new album
26.09.2014 - 20:13
FreddeSwede
I work as KAM in the media and marketing business. It's nice to see that smart (or very common today) PR moves are used in the metal genre as well. Of course the song didn't "leak" by accident, this is set up all the way to the top. But by all means, the band got their PR and hype for their upcoming release.
26.09.2014 - 23:18
musclassia
staff
Those strings sound so cheap and tacky, the clean vocals sound half-hearted, and the big grand climax sounds so weak, what on earth. I know not everyone loves The Blackening, but at the very least the soft moments on that album had more conviction than this, and any big finales sounded climactic. The meat and bones of the song was decent if nothing special for the band, but the last third or so of this song I'd rather hear Nick Holmes growl on
27.09.2014 - 03:21
Neoxx07
Rob flynn was definitly much better in vio-lence. this is crap
27.09.2014 - 03:57
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
With repeated listens, I'm starting to enjoy this song. I've never immediately taken to longer songs - for me they take multiple hearings to digest and work out. For me, this song has a lot going for it, once I was prepared to give it some attention. I'm looking forward to the album - hopefully a scattering of longer, complex compositions like this and shorter, punchier songs.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
27.09.2014 - 08:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
No offence.

I heard multiple listen grow on us when song or record is decent. I do not know why this new track is considered good or even satisfactory?! May be my opinion but this new track is incredibly average. Do y'all remember one thing? MH did the same thing with Unto The Locust; they streamed one average track and everything crumbled down afterwards. I hope the rest of the album doesn't sound as mediocre as this.

Disappointed.
30.09.2014 - 22:51
HyperDrifter
Written by musclassia on 26.09.2014 at 23:18

Those strings sound so cheap and tacky, the clean vocals sound half-hearted, and the big grand climax sounds so weak, what on earth. I know not everyone loves The Blackening, but at the very least the soft moments on that album had more conviction than this, and any big finales sounded climactic. The meat and bones of the song was decent if nothing special for the band, but the last third or so of this song I'd rather hear Nick Holmes growl on

+1 - The violins really DON'T suit Machine Head and destroy this song.

Like you say, it is decent aside the violins but nothing special - Overhyped if anything...

Hits total: 3380 | This month: 7