Metal Storm logo
Astarte - New Album To See Light Of Day

After the passing of Astarte's mastermind Maria "Tristessa" Kolokouri in August from complications of leukemia, the Greek black metal act will finish the new album they were working on called Blackdemonium and release it in her honor.

Album update: "Tristessa's voice will be heard again and more loud and brutal than ever! The mixing process and the mastering of Astarte's last opus Blackdemonium will be done by Steve Lado an excellent professional producer and close friend of Maria. The result will be more powerful than ever. The additional work on drums done in Made In Hell Studio and David. The cover is made by Maggot Meister known from his works with 1349, Amon Amarth, Children Of Bodom, Hirax, Mortiis and many more. Tristessa will always live in our hearts through her music. Astarte and black metal is the way!"

Producer Steve Lado said: "I am so honored to announce that I will be in charge of mixing and mastering the new album of Astarte - Blackdemonium! It's my way to pay tribute to Tristessa and her family... Maria... your voice will be heard again! R.I.P sister."

Blackdemonium recording lineup:

• Tristessa (Maria Kolokouri) - Vocals
  • Nicolas S.I.C. Maiis - Vocals
  • Jim Harisis - Guitar/Bass
  • Ice (Nicolas Asimakis) - Drums

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Astarte
  • Posted: 26.09.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 5   Visited by: 74 users
    26.09.2014 - 13:24
    Gothmog_Motsham

Great news! Maria is smiling upon you and us wherever she is now.
    26.09.2014 - 17:02
    ManiacBlasphemer
    Black Knight
    I anticipated this would happen. Hope that it will be released soon. Would've been a shame to have this album left unifinished with such a long gap between this one and Demonized. It is a fitting end for this band and for Tristessa's legacy. RIP
    26.09.2014 - 17:11
    angel.
    Evil Butterfly
    But how about the main musician who isn't there ?!
    ----
    The Fangirl.
    26.09.2014 - 17:13
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Written by angel. on 26.09.2014 at 17:11

But how about the main musician who isn't there ?!

They were recording this album since 2013, so I'm guessing most of it was already recorded. It's just the final stages now.
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
    30.09.2014 - 04:14
    Slayer666

Yeah, I imagine it's gotta be rather awkward releasing an album a few months after your #1 member... you know... died from a horrible fucking disease.
    I'm just gonna hope that's what she would've wanted and go listen to the album.

Hits total: 1990 | This month: 13