Metal Storm logo
Ulver - 'Trolsk Sortmetall 1993-1997' Box Set Details Unveiled

Back in April, it was announced the release of the Ulver box set called Trolsk Sortmetall 1993 - 1997 but just the initial details. Today, Century Media is revealing all the details. Find out all about it below including the cover artwork. After months of work, the long-awaited box sets have finally been sent off to the pressing plants.

The box set contains the albums Bergtatt (1994), Kveldssanger (1995) and Nattens Madrigal (1996), collectively known as The Trilogie - Three Journeyes Through The Norwegian Netherworlde (released under this title as a 1000 limited edition triple picture vinyl box set in 1997). Bonus contents will be the band's demo tape Vargnatt (1993), the rare compilation track "Synen" (Cthulhu Records 1997) as well as a recently unearthed 4-track rehearsal recording featuring tracks from Nattens Madrigal.

With the exception of Nattens Madrigal, now with a slightly more compassionate re-mastering courtesy of Tom Kvålsvoll at Strype Audio, Oslo, all the material has been considerately re-mastered to analog tape by Jaime Gomes Arellano in Orgone Studios, London, and consulted by Ulver's mastermind Kristoffer Rygg.

Trolsk Sortmetall 1993 - 1997 comes as a brazen 5CD box set with a canvas-bound slipcase and 100+ page booklet as well as a 4LP box (plus rehearsal tape). The layout has been done by Metastazis, who has previously worked with Ulver and has for this project been given access to lots of never before seen archival material.

Contents of the CD box:

Hardcover 5CD box with 16-page booklet:
CD 1: Vargnatt
CD 2: Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler
CD 3: Kveldssanger
CD 4: Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden
CD 5: Nattens Madrigal - 4 track rehearsal, summer 1995

Hardcover book with 104 pages of unpublished photos and paraphernalia, original Norwegian lyrics, presentations and their English translations, comments by the band as well as liner notes by Jon 'Metalion' Kristiansen (founder of Head Not Found Records and the man behind Slayer Mag), Chris Bruni (Profound Lore Records), Michael Moynihan (author of Lords Of Chaos) and Mark Pilkington (Strange Attractor Press).

The 5CD box will be limited to 3000 copies worldwide.

Contents of the LP box:

LP I: Vargnatt
LP II: Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler
LP III: Kveldssanger
LP IV: Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden
MC: 4 track rehearsal, summer 1995
Poster (size 60 x 30 cm)
32-page booklet in LP size (carrying same content as the CD box booklets)

The LP box is limited to 2000 copies worldwide and the pressings will be broken down as follows:

• 1500 copies on black vinyl
  • 400 copies on silver vinyl
  • 100 copies on clear vinyl (including a limited art print only available in this version)

The clear vinyl version will be exclusively offered by CM Distro EU and US. Only one copy per customer will be sold. The pre-sales start on November 20th. Mark your calendars! Are you interested in getting this?

Source: centurymedia.com
    Band profile: Ulver
  • Posted: 06.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 5   Visited by: 82 users
    06.10.2014 - 14:05
    Gothmog_Motsham

DAMN!
    07.10.2014 - 06:22
    LeChron James
    Helvetesfossen
    ZZZZZZZZZZ
    ----
    Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
    Stay Pure
    Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
    07.10.2014 - 15:32
    X-Ray Rod
    Skandino
    Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. D: I so want this.
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
    Like you could kiss my ass
    Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
    Rod, let me love you.
    07.10.2014 - 15:54
    Alex F
    Slick Dick Rick
    Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.10.2014 at 15:32

Ditto man. I'll definitely be pre-ordering this when I can (the vinyl version, obviously).
    07.10.2014 - 16:01
    X-Ray Rod
    Skandino
    Written by Alex F on 07.10.2014 at 15:54

Written by X-Ray Rod on 07.10.2014 at 15:32

Ditto man. I'll definitely be pre-ordering this when I can (the vinyl version, obviously).

I think I want both tbh. I dont own a vinyl-player yet and I always use my discman. So yeah...
    It's bugging me I can't figure out how much the boxes will cost.
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
    Like you could kiss my ass
    Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
    Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 3840 | This month: 3