Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Banned Again, Show In Poznan Cancelled

After being booted out of Russia, Behemoth now face a show cancellation in their home country of Poland, in Poznan. The death metal group was originally set to perform on October 2nd at Poznan's Eskulap venue, which also serves as a student dormitory at Poznan University Of Medical Sciences, but the concert was moved to October 6th after the university authorities decided that the original date coincided with the start of the academic year. Their promoter received a letter from Jacek Wysocki, president of Poznan University Of Medical Sciences, stating the event would not go ahead due to "a concern for the safety of students and campus workers." But Behemoth claims it was for political reasons.

Behemoth say (translated from Polish): "We have no doubt it is a political decision. It's not the first clampdown on national artists. Poznan, instead of being a free culture centre, begins to resemble Russia."

"Article 73 of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland says: 'Everyone has the freedom of artistic creation.'"

The band explains they were forced to give up alternative arrangements, saying: "We aimed to play two concerts in a club, but after a closer inspection we decided the quality of our concert would suffer too much. We can't afford that at this stage of our career. We sincerely hope our fans will understand."

Photo: Krzysztof Zatycki

Photo: Piotr Wojciechowski

The group said in another statement that the tour will continue: "We are in the middle of this exciting trek through our beloved country. In EVERY city we are followed by such frenetic agitations that give nothing but extra boost to our radical and uncompromising spectacles! Our crusade slows down now for two days... and continues in Krakow on 8th! We've just completed two sold out shows in Katowice and Wroclaw that went spectacular in every possible way! We hail our legions for keeping the flame alive!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 06.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 244 users
06.10.2014 - 17:01
Gothmog_Motsham

Maybe the band should release a gospel cover album for Christmas. That should cheer all the extremist Christians up.
06.10.2014 - 17:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Quote:

"We aimed to play two concerts in a club, but after a closer inspection we decided the quality of our concert would suffer too much. We can't afford that at this stage of our career. We sincerely hope our fans will understand."

Meh, they played without make-up and equipment not so long ago and nobody cried about it, what would be so bad about playing in club?
06.10.2014 - 17:11
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
That's my Behemoth. Shame they draw such ire from others, but then again, that is probably what they're trying to do. Regardless, these guys are some of the hardest working in the business. Keep it up.
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.10.2014 - 17:28
Lit.
Account deleted
This is starting to get more hilarious than pathetic.
06.10.2014 - 17:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
This is all part of their promotional campaign, no doubt about it. Anything to generate people talking about them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2014 - 19:03
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Krucjata Różańcowa haha, this is so funny... not. But this is what Nergal was waiting for. Especially calling Polish tour 'Polish Satanist Tour 2014' and the album 'The Satanist'. The more controversy, the better for him.
06.10.2014 - 19:04
Paz

An inscription on the flag means:
"The rosary's crusade for the homeland"

I would not be surprised, if he hired these old people to demonstrate against his band
06.10.2014 - 19:35
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2014 at 17:30

This is all part of their promotional campaign, no doubt about it. Anything to generate people talking about them.

Sadly, its not. Poland has a real, serious cathoholic problem, while the general politics of the country are veering towards conservatism this coming election season. There were real protests (as pictured in the photo) and the protesters are speaking up in the media as well, claiming that they are saving the masses from Behemoth's satanic evil. Honestly, I would have preferred for this whole debacle to be a pre-fabricated promotional campaign from Behemoth, but unfortunately it is instead just a testament to how stupid we, the Polish people, can be.
06.10.2014 - 20:10
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by jupitreas on 06.10.2014 at 19:35

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2014 at 17:30

how stupid we, the Polish people, can be.

You don't have no need to blame some of your people in specific really, stupid people like that are everywhere.
----
Christless
06.10.2014 - 20:30
roeder

Written by jupitreas on 06.10.2014 at 19:35

but unfortunately it is instead just a testament to how stupid we, the Polish people, can be.

it's not only a polish problem. hungary is just the same. fucking right-wing party supporters and retarded religious people everywhere
06.10.2014 - 20:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Poland well one of east Europian country who dears criticize VP Rus, so but same time maybe it was real reason why band gig was canceled, safety? maybe band should slow down a bit be more less polite? (I was ment as joke)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.10.2014 - 20:50
Scathach666

Christian mindfucked scum
06.10.2014 - 21:11
cossaisVendeurs

Behemoth are shit anyway :p
06.10.2014 - 22:06
Vombatus
Potorro
Christian extremists are concerned by the quality of metal in Poland. That's why they want Behemoth banned, they doing a favor to everyone.
07.10.2014 - 03:41
mz

Written by deadone on 07.10.2014 at 03:13

Roman Catholicism is as bad as Islamic fundamentalists ...

You never miss a chance, do you?
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
07.10.2014 - 09:52
s_t_s

Narrow minded people will always be narrow minded... That applies to a lot of people...
07.10.2014 - 13:24
boo-boo

How come Argentina and Brasil never cancel such shows, even though majority of the population is Roman Catholic? It kinda makes me think, what exactly it is that the Polish find so offensive...
----
World won't end today - it's already tomorrow in Australia.
08.10.2014 - 09:33
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Could they try booking themselves under a fake name, like the Sex Pistols used to do?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
08.10.2014 - 10:39
Paz

Written by M C Vice on 08.10.2014 at 09:33

Could they try booking themselves under a fake name, like the Sex Pistols used to do?

But this situation is more profitable for them The martyrs in the name of death metal...
09.10.2014 - 18:31
Big-Al

Written by deadone on 07.10.2014 at 03:13

What does one expect from a country where they appear to be adopting medieval ages Roman Catholicism?

Roman Catholicism is as bad as Islamic fundamentalists but they do the whole marketing thing so much better.

This!

That said, it's a great country to visit - I came here for a few days to visit Krakow & Poland for the 1st time.

With my wife we really enjoyed the Krakow 8th Oct show, was really cool with a great atmosphere + People here really friendly too. In an hour or so, the Krakow 9th show will begin and we'll be at that too!

\m/

(we also visited Wieliczka Salt Mine & Auschwitz)
----

I drink moosepiss
15.10.2014 - 20:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Europe has huge employment and also apparent free living space problem same time govemenet still waist time and talks about how bad homosexuality is and this religious factor in Poland
same time was is Lech Walensa who said Poland need nukes to feel safe(even I agree as paragraph 4 Ned, Bel, Tur and Ger has US nukes, same needs Poland and Baltic) maybe Marcel, jupitreas and also that farter will not agree as always , but same time when Baltics, Romania, and Poland had some treats , I think talk such shit and banning gigs is stupid, wp ideology and kybols are biggest treat to inside security and same time I suggest govemenet better solve security not ask 20 000 NATO solders and also solve work problem, when its be done, maybe judge gay ppl and ban behemoth, until I is not solved shut up
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.10.2014 - 10:26
Himedal

Fuck them all in the ass. all religious assholes and politicians should be fucked by their bibles.
----
What goes by is life to be taken
The doom calls upon the forsaken

Hits total: 4116 | This month: 5