Metal Storm logo
Devin Townsend - Release Lyric Video For New Song

Are you ready for some Devin Townsend? Stop what you are doing and just listen to "Deathray" right now! Inside Out Music just released the lyric video for the song, which is the first you get to listen to from the anticipated new album . Just click play on the video available below. So, what do you think? Is it good enough for you?

is a double album, and this new song comes from the Dark Matters half of the release. You can grab the album on the 27th October 2014 in Europe and 28th October 2014 in the US.

Album tracklist:

CD1 - Sky Blue:
01. Rejoice
02. Fallout
03. Midnight Sun
04. A New Reign
05. Universal Flame
06. Warrior
07. Sky Blue
08. Silent Militia
09. Rain City
10. Forever
11. Before We Die
12. The Ones We Love

CD2 - Dark Matters:
01. Z²
02. From Sleep Awake
03. Ziltoidian Empire
04. War Princess
05. Deathray
06. March Of The Poozers
07. Wandering Eye
08. Earth
09. Ziltoid Goes Home
10. Through The Wormhole
11. Dimension Z

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Devin Townsend
Posted: 06.10.2014 by DaMaGeR

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 219 users
06.10.2014 - 19:16
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Hm... this song is cool but idk... I think I was hoping for something hm... catchier? More powerful?
06.10.2014 - 19:34
FYA
Destroyer
Written by Hex_Omega on 06.10.2014 at 19:16

Hm... this song is cool but idk... I think I was hoping for something hm... catchier? More powerful?

It's just one song. Wait for the rest man.
06.10.2014 - 19:52
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by FYA on 06.10.2014 at 19:34

Written by Hex_Omega on 06.10.2014 at 19:16

It's just one song. Wait for the rest man.

I know but this is first single. So I was hoping for something catchier to promote album.
06.10.2014 - 20:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Disappointing, but I know there's more to the album than this.
06.10.2014 - 21:00
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
I think this should be heard in context of the whole album. After all it's a conceptalbum
06.10.2014 - 21:43
MetalDoomMaster

Looks like EvE online
06.10.2014 - 22:33
Machiavelli
Account deleted
The aliens are looking at us through a lab microscope... they care but it is there policy not to interfere with the natural order and they've watched better races than us become extinct... have a nice day!
06.10.2014 - 22:54
Opethian

I hope to hear something a lot more stronger than this. I don't want to say it but, taking the last album into consideration (and as well as all of the Live material he has been releasing as of late) it seems as though Devin has forgotten what its like to create music on a higher caliber. Nothing he does will equal what he has done in the past. It's just my opinion that's all
07.10.2014 - 00:31
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I enjoyed the song, but I would like to hear it in the context of the entire concept album. The song very much plays off a similar pattern as "Ziltoidia Attaxx" which I'm assuming was intentional since this song is about Earth being attacked.

I don't really understand the hear something stronger thing that is running through this thread. I'm not sure why Devin owes it to everyone to release the best track on the two-hour double album. I sometimes wish bands wouldn't release anything before the entire album dropped. You people hear four minutes of a two hour album and start cross-referencing a guy's entire discography and making judgments about how he is gone astray as a musician now. This is all hilarious and sad.

As for this particular song itself, it sounds very similar to stuff from Devin's past, it even reminds me of early SYL a bit. Maybe some of you are just looking for something different than what Devin Townsend is offering.
07.10.2014 - 01:39
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Thankfully, I've already had my morning coffee before watching. Ha!
07.10.2014 - 01:55
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by R'Vannith on 07.10.2014 at 01:39

Morning coffee? Ha! I'm going to sleep! (half of the world is sleeping, remember? )
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
07.10.2014 - 01:59
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Darkside Momo on 07.10.2014 at 01:55

Morning coffee? Ha! I'm going to sleep! (half of the world is sleeping, remember? )

haha, well I guess us folks down here need to keep the world turning while the other side of the globe gets some shut-eye. After all, you never know when and where Ziltoid will strike!
07.10.2014 - 06:55
whatsacow

Was kind of a bit of a let down. Was catchy, sure, but it just lacked something. Oh well. New Devin is new Devin, I'll take what I can get.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
07.10.2014 - 09:53
DaMaGeR
CFH
I hope, I'm sure that there will be better songs. This is pretty weak IMO.
07.10.2014 - 12:45
sharkruisher

I will assume that this is one of the weaker tracks out of Z2, even though I enjoyed it. Sounded like a groovier version of "Ziltoidia Attaxx!". Still ultra excited over the album and I am sure that I will enjoy this song even more when we put it into the concept itself.
----
I have been called many names, and they are all true

Metalhead, long haired bastard, (former) reviewer, Swede, semi-handsome, dingus
07.10.2014 - 15:10
kaspair

"Fallout" will probably be one of the best songs on this album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtrtl_VWlUA
----
Last FM
07.10.2014 - 20:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by R'Vannith on 07.10.2014 at 01:59

Written by Darkside Momo on 07.10.2014 at 01:55

haha, well I guess us folks down here need to keep the world turning while the other side of the globe gets some shut-eye. After all, you never know when and where Ziltoid will strike!

"INDEED!"
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.10.2014 - 06:43
Olli

The production on the album/song is awful really takes away from the song. The song itself isn't too bad, quite catchy but not on the level of the first Ziltoid album.

Still, Day 1 (Well Google all access) purchase from me!
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

Hits total: 3067 | This month: 2