Metal Storm logo
Manilla Road - New Album Update, 'Open The Gates' Re-Release

US heavy/power metallers Manilla Road have recently checked in with an update regarding their next studio album. Just one year after the latest opus Mysterium has been released, the band is ready to release its follow-up, scheduled for an early 2015 release. In addition, the band is also re-releasing its fourth studio effort entitled Open The Gates, released almost 30 years ago.

The band released the following statement: "A little update for you! The new album is now mixed and mastered, the front cover painting is also done. Next step will be the booklet and then we can give everything to our record company. Everybody involved in Manilla Road is agreeing that the new album is another step forward after Mysterium, also soundwise. The music itself? 100% Manilla Road. And there will be a big surprise too.... That's all for now."

"The Open The Gates re-release is ready too - remastered, added bonus songs, 90% of the booklet... Now the digipak needs to be designed and we can give this one to our record company too."

Anxious to hear more new (and old) Manilla Road material?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Manilla Road
Posted: 10.10.2014 by ManiacBlasphemer

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 23 users
10.10.2014 - 16:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Great news! Manilla Road has been consistently good for what seems like forever. And a re-mastering of Open the Gates? Awesome. Looking forward to both of these.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.10.2014 - 16:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 10.10.2014 at 16:32

Great news! Manilla Road has been consistently good for what seems like forever. And a re-mastering of Open the Gates? Awesome. Looking forward to both of these.

I wish I had your enthusiasm, but the last album was lacking all the magic that earlier albums had. Also not sure what to think of remastering of Open the Gates. On the one hand it's the one early album (after the 'Metal' album anyway) that has production I don't like, but on the other hand a remaster of something is usually never a good thing either.
10.10.2014 - 17:04
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Guest on 10.10.2014 at 16:54

Written by Clintagräm on 10.10.2014 at 16:32

I wish I had your enthusiasm, but the last album was lacking all the magic that earlier albums had. Also not sure what to think of remastering of Open the Gates. On the one hand it's the one early album (after the 'Metal' album anyway) that has production I don't like, but on the other hand a remaster of something is usually never a good thing either.

I understand, but for me a Manilla Road album is just something I can press play on and enjoy without any strings attached. You get what you expect and I'm okay with that. As for re-mastering, Open the Gates has so many good songs but my enjoyment has always been slightly hampered by the production, so I'm hoping the touch-up will change that.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.10.2014 - 19:40
Joppe
Steelemeister
Looking forward to this album, even though Mysterium wasn't so great on 'Road's standards.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 1811 | This month: 3