Metal Storm logo
Summoning - Begin Writing New Material

Today is a good day for "Tolkien metal" fans! Epic black metallers Summoning are already in the process of writing new material as stated on their official Facebook page today. They have already written new riffs and also rearranged some songs from the Old Mornings Dawn sessions.

Here is what Summoning had to say: "After having turned our attention on different things during the first half of this year, we are back to concentrate on Summoning again. There are already some new riffs composed and rearrangements have been done of songs from the O.M.D session. Protector also started to recreate our homepage, with a total new design and updated content. So the hammers are pounding loudly again in carven deep and far on the horizons the first ray of light are bearing witness of the return of the old ways ..."

So, it looks like we won't have to wait another 6 or more years for new music from this Austrian duo, or will we?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Summoning
Posted: 13.10.2014 by garmling

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 247 users
14.10.2014 - 15:36
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Who knows? Maybe they WOULD tackle avant garde after reading the comments.
14.10.2014 - 22:30
Erik M.

Written by Hex_Omega on 14.10.2014 at 11:06

Nope it wasn't me. You showed me that album as a possible candidate for my EP list but somehow this album wasn't labelled as EP on MS (unlike MA).

Oh yeah, that was it. My memory seems to be fucked, hahaha. Then I have no clue as to who said what I think you and PocketMetal said.
14.10.2014 - 22:39
Erik M.

Written by Opethian on 14.10.2014 at 02:01

I have their new album and I haven't bothered listening to it yet. I Just haven't been in a Summoning mood for a long time, but its there

Heh, that's funny. Wouldn't have expected you to like Summoning, judging from the music you usually post on FB.
15.10.2014 - 08:22
Wes

Yes!!!! Wonderful news.
15.10.2014 - 13:38
Rot Teufel

Sounds good that they got inspiration back again.
Anyway before Old Mornings Dawn they'ew speaking about a middle 2014 album with six unfinished and therefore tracks from Old Mornings Dawn session. Those tracks will be part of this new album or will be released as an EP?
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
15.10.2014 - 18:43
Opethian

Written by Erik M. on 14.10.2014 at 22:39

Written by Opethian on 14.10.2014 at 02:01

I have their new album and I haven't bothered listening to it yet. I Just haven't been in a Summoning mood for a long time, but its there

Heh, that's funny. Wouldn't have expected you to like Summoning, judging from the music you usually post on FB.

Lol! I try to listen to everything but yes i own everything from Summoning
15.10.2014 - 23:20
PocketMetal

Written by s_t_s on 14.10.2014 at 11:49

Not the kind of band I would go and see play live, but I truly enjoy the atmosphere of their album so it's another great piece of news to hear about a new album !

As far as I know they've never played live.
15.10.2014 - 23:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
It seems loads of people are l;ooking forward to being bored to death again
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.10.2014 - 04:40
Lionthrone

Great news. Looking forward to hearing their new material!
16.10.2014 - 10:53
s_t_s

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.10.2014 at 23:58

Actually while I cannot consider Summoning's music as any other band's, I truly enjoy listening to their albums. It creates a dark and epic atmosphere that I really love.
18.10.2014 - 09:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Eternity'sChild on 13.10.2014 at 19:07

Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 18:35

BREAKING NEWS AT THIS HOUR: new album will be an experimentation in the Avantgarde, and include several instruments Summoning have never explored before, including mandolin, baglama, and pipe flute. Comments Silenius: "we're sick of the fucking Caladan Brood comparisons."

They're a lot better than Caladan Brood imo ... Whatever, it seems that we can expect an interesting album soon.

I disagree. I think Brood's album is as good as any of the better Summoning albums.
18.10.2014 - 16:06
Erik M.

Written by Opethian on 15.10.2014 at 18:43

Lol! I try to listen to everything but yes i own everything from Summoning

Hah, good to know. Pretty varied taste you have then.
18.10.2014 - 16:07
Erik M.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.10.2014 at 23:58

18.10.2014 - 16:44
mz

Summoning has dark atmosphere? Come on guys.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.10.2014 - 22:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by mz on 18.10.2014 at 16:44

Summoning has dark atmosphere? Come on guys.

No, Summoning doesn't have a dark asmosphere t all. It is comparable to Lordof The Rings
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.10.2014 - 23:12
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2014 at 22:20

Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.10.2014 at 22:12

Of course I do, doesn't mean I can't still pick fun at them

I just think they don't get enough credit when it comes to the variety in their sound. Not saying they are a very diverse band, but their albums surely are pretty different and most are very easily distinguishable... at least to me.

They are all different to me too. The same formula is achieved in a way, but each album is distinguishable.
19.10.2014 - 23:16
Erik M.

Written by Dark Cornatus on 19.10.2014 at 23:12

They are all different to me too. The same formula is achieved in a way, but each album is distinguishable.

Finally someone who doesn't jump on the "all Summoning albums sound/are the same" bandwagon.
19.10.2014 - 23:21
Erik M.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.10.2014 at 22:15

No, Summoning doesn't have a dark asmosphere t all. It is comparable to Lordof The Rings

We don't agree often when it comes to Summoning, but in this case I agree.

Summoning's music is epic in the sense that it creates an uplifting and even majestic sound and is by no means "dark". If Summoning sounds like that to someone, that person probably has very weird standards about when something has a dark atmosphere.
20.10.2014 - 09:02
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Erik M. on 19.10.2014 at 23:16

Finally someone who doesn't jump on the "all Summoning albums sound/are the same" bandwagon.

Lugburz - Raw Black
Minas Morgul - Symphonic Black (basically they went more melodic, but still feels quite raw)
Dol Guldur - Symphonic Folk Black (massive change on this album, they really went melodic and the folk themed elements dominate the harsh previous albums)
Stronghold - Atmospheric Black (went more ambient on this one and MUCH darker)
Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame - Symphonic Folk Black (went back to Dol Guldur sound on this one, but even more melodic and much less black metal elements)
Oath Bound - Atmospheric Black (everything on this album went up a few octaves, it's the high pitch album haha. Raw black elements made a bit of a return too)
Old Mornings Dawn - Symphonic Folk Black (Kind of went back to Let Mortals... sound with more spoken words and more melody. Sound feels thicker and more full, and is by far the least raw sounding album)

So basically i see the first two albums as being completely different from the rest, and then the next 5 have subtle changes in the overall sound and atmosphere. Some albums are more melodic (Dol Guldur, Let Mortals... and Old Mornings Dawn, and the other two (Stronghold and Oath Bound) are more raw and atmospheric.
20.10.2014 - 09:03
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Erik M. on 19.10.2014 at 23:16

Lugburz - Raw Black
Minas Morgul - Symphonic Black (basically they went more melodic, but still feels quite raw)
Dol Guldur - Symphonic Folk Black (massive change on this album, they really went melodic and the folk themed elements dominate the harsh previous albums)
Stronghold - Atmospheric Black (went more ambient on this one and MUCH darker)
Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame - Symphonic Folk Black (went back to Dol Guldur sound on this one, but even more melodic and much less black metal elements)
Oath Bound - Atmospheric Black (everything on this album went up a few octaves, it's the high pitch album haha. Raw black elements made a bit of a return too)
Old Mornings Dawn - Symphonic Folk Black (Kind of went back to Let Mortals... sound with more spoken words and more melody. Sound feels thicker and more full, and is by far the least raw sounding album)

So basically i see the first two albums as being completely different from the rest, and then the next 5 have subtle changes in the overall sound and atmosphere. Some albums are more melodic (Dol Guldur, Let Mortals... and Old Mornings Dawn, and the other two (Stronghold and Oath Bound) are more raw and atmospheric.
28.10.2014 - 13:54
Soheil KD

Oh my fucking god i can't believe
11.11.2014 - 18:07
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2014 at 23:04

Hah, good to see at least one Iranian to enjoy Summoning and Caladan Brood (yes, mz and Fritillaria, I'm referring to you ). I'm a fan of both bands, but Summoning is definitely superior as they pretty much pioneered the genre/style, while Caladan Brood wouldn't exist without Summoning. And also because Summoning has proven itself to be consistently great with each album they have released.

I still count even though I wouldn't mind hopping on the same Summoning hate-train as Marcel.
17.11.2014 - 21:32
Erik M.

Written by Monolithic on 11.11.2014 at 18:07

I still count even though I wouldn't mind hopping on the same Summoning hate-train as Marcel.

Well, you do agree with him most of the time it seems so I can't say I'm suprised.
06.12.2014 - 22:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Wow, i missed that news until now...coming late to say, how happy i am, but at least it will be shorter waiting till the actual release
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 4478 | This month: 13