Owners:

17 have it
6 want it

01. Asteroidi
02. Comete
    1 - Plutone
    2 - Kuiper
    3 - Oort

Coming off of a powerful debut with last year's U.M.A, this Italian BM duo decides to follow it up with a curveball, a nonmetal EP. Best be off with you if you're looking for the more aggressive side of the band's personality with this one. Asteroidi is for those listeners who delighted in the ringy ding ding electronics of the debut, and wished to see the band go deeper with them, an effort at which they certainly succeed here.

Beware the Metroid scum.

Apothecary's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: Introspekrieg, Ag Fox
Bandcamp music player

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 108 users
15.10.2014 - 14:22
Rating: 9
Dargor

Link: https://progenieterrestrepura.bandcamp.com/album/asteroidi

They said they were doing electronic/ambiant and they delivered. I quite enjoy this even if has no metal element like on U.M.A.
20.10.2014 - 03:27
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
This is very well executed, pretty much U.M.A. - the BM I would say. In some respects I wish it was longer, but I guess I'd rather be begging for more than screaming for it to stop
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.10.2014 - 03:34
Wukk

Really nice release. There's only one thing that struck me as a step down from U.M.A. and that's the album cover
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
20.10.2014 - 05:56
Lit.
Account deleted
It's decidedly non-metal. I have to assume that's the reason for the low score.

Well, I enjoy it regardless.
20.10.2014 - 09:34
Rating: 6
Rot Teufel

I don't know, maybe i wasn't in the mood to listen it, but it doesn't impress me well as U.M.A. And i really liked "La Terra Rossa Di Marte", the only electronic based instrumental song.
Actually i don't know how judge it... Propably it's not what i expected from q[T]p.
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
20.10.2014 - 21:35
Rating: 7
CyberSymphony
Ollie
This just sounds otherworldly with my headphones on. I like that the band have made a purely space ambient release, though i hope they go back to metal in the future.
26.10.2014 - 00:22
Rating: 8
Erik M.

Yeah, usually I don't enjoy non-metal ambient stuff, but fuck, this is great. Sounds really beautiful and relaxing.

Like Che says, it's like U.M.A. without the BM.
26.10.2014 - 00:35
Erik M.

Written by Auntie Sahar on 20.10.2014 at 03:27

This is very well executed, pretty much U.M.A. - the BM I would say. In some respects I wish it was longer, but I guess I'd rather be begging for more than screaming for it to stop

Yeah, as I just said I totally agree. Also with your staff pick. It indeed is too short for its own good.

Have you played Metroid Prime? This really is the sort of music that can be used in a game like that. The second track reminds me a bit of Phendrana Drifts, for example. Maybe that's also why I like this so much seeing as I loved those Metroid Prime games back in 2003-2005, when I played them.
26.10.2014 - 01:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Erik M. on 26.10.2014 at 00:35

Have you played Metroid Prime? This really is the sort of music that can be used in a game like that. The second track reminds me a bit of Phendrana Drifts, for example. Maybe that's also why I like this so much seeing as I loved those Metroid Prime games back in 2003-2005, when I played them.

The one for the Gamecube, right? Yeah, that one was awesome, I might even still have it actually
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.11.2014 - 04:13
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Erik M. on 26.10.2014 at 00:35

Metroid Prime is still one of my favorite games of all time, and the comparison with this is accurate. Sounds like it could be some kind of alternate soundtrack for the game. Good shit.
----
20.11.2014 - 21:39
Erik M.

Written by Jaeryd on 20.11.2014 at 04:13

Metroid Prime is still one of my favorite games of all time, and the comparison with this is accurate. Sounds like it could be some kind of alternate soundtrack for the game. Good shit.

Not that much into gaming anymore, but I'm inclined to agree with you. The whole trilogy is brilliant (even the 3rd game which was way too easy for its own good, but still highly enjoyable).
20.11.2014 - 21:41
Erik M.

Written by Auntie Sahar on 26.10.2014 at 01:04

The one for the Gamecube, right? Yeah, that one was awesome, I might even still have it actually

Uh well, yeah... First two MP games were on GC, while the 3rd one was Wii-only. All three are of course playable on the Wii as well.

Hits total: 3823 | This month: 6