Metal Storm logo
Soundgarden - Debut New Song

Soundgarden have recorded a new song in May this year with producer Jack Endino in Seattle. The Americans are now streaming it online and sharing it with their fans. The track is called "Storm" and you can hear it here now! This is the band's first new track since their 2012 comeback album King Animal, their first album since 1996.

Soundgarden also posted the artwork below with We Watch As They Run Faceless. Could that be the name of their new album? It's still a mystery for now. But guitarist Kim Thayil has said that the band should start working on another album in 2015.

On November 24th, Soundgarden releases their long-awaited 3-CD rarities collection, Echo Of Miles: Scattered Tracks Across The Path. Among the set's seven unreleased tracks is the brand new recording "Storm".

Taking in everything from original B-sides to unreleased tracks, instrumentals, covers and demos, the collection was curated and hand-selected by guitarist Kim Thayil. All the details are available here.

Source: soundgardenworld.com
Band profile: Soundgarden
Posted: 28.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 102 users
28.10.2014 - 12:24
Ilham
Giant robot
I've been so afraid of being disappointed, I haven't even listened to King Animal. Does this song sound like the stuff they did on the comeback album? Because I didn't exactly like it. I'm going to have to face my fears and just listen to that album.

The artwork with the eye is hideous, I really hope that isn't the one for the next album.
28.10.2014 - 12:51
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Ilham on 28.10.2014 at 12:24

The artwork with the eye is hideous, I really hope that isn't the one for the next album.

They're coming out with a B-sides compilation album next month, so it would be logical logical that's the cover art for it.

EDIT: No, scrap that. It really looks like cover art for new stuff.
28.10.2014 - 12:55
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Risto on 28.10.2014 at 12:51

They're coming out with a B-sides compilation album next month, so it would be logical logical that's the cover art for it.

EDIT: No, scrap that. It really looks like cover art for new stuff.

Damn, you gave me false hope for a second. I never found their covers exceptional or pleasant to look at anyway, at least there's nothing new here.
28.10.2014 - 12:59
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Ilham on 28.10.2014 at 12:55

Damn, you gave me false hope for a second. I never found their covers exceptional or pleasant to look at anyway, at least there's nothing new here.

Upon further inspection, that mass of people looks like a concert crowd...
28.10.2014 - 13:02
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Risto on 28.10.2014 at 12:59

Upon further inspection, that mass of people looks like a concert crowd...

Yes, but the awkward blending with the eye, the weird way the whole thing has been cut on the sides creating that wavy shape... Nah .
28.10.2014 - 13:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sounds like they're going for a Killing Jokey thing a bit. Not sure it's all that good though.

The eye album art is pretty horrible. The other one isn't too shabby though.
28.10.2014 - 14:30
Diverge

Written by Ilham on 28.10.2014 at 12:24

I've been so afraid of being disappointed, I haven't even listened to King Animal. Does this song sound like the stuff they did on the comeback album? Because I didn't exactly like it. I'm going to have to face my fears and just listen to that album.

It's a little bit different; it's melodic but more...brooding.
Also, if you want a list of all the Soundgarden songs from King Animal that probably won't disappoint, I can give them to you. I know what sucks.
28.10.2014 - 14:35
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Diverge on 28.10.2014 at 14:30

Also, if you want a list of all the Soundgarden songs from King Animal that probably won't disappoint, I can give them to you. I know what sucks.

Haha, that sounds like a really safe way to get into the album, but maybe too safe. Give me three song titles, I'm curious .
28.10.2014 - 14:36
Diverge

Also, I grew up listening to the Soundgarden B-sides, and I think they might be the best B-side group I've ever come across. So I can't wait for the November 3-CD release. I'm "pitted": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ckCAUVOn0
28.10.2014 - 16:44
Unhealer
Eclecticist
"Non-state Actor" and "By Crooked Steps" are some really good tunes on that album. I particularly like "Non-state Actor", I keep remembering that song from time to time and end up singing it in random places.
28.10.2014 - 17:17
Diverge

Written by Ilham on 28.10.2014 at 14:35

Written by Diverge on 28.10.2014 at 14:30

Haha, that sounds like a really safe way to get into the album, but maybe too safe. Give me three song titles, I'm curious .

A Thousand Days Before, Bones of Birds and Taree
29.10.2014 - 06:48
Totenlieder

I like it.
Sounds like something off their Louder Than Love album, which is my favorite by them.
If the whole albums continues like this, it'll be good.
----
Blut & Krieg

Hits total: 4632 | This month: 8