Metal Storm logo
Blotted Science - Begin Recording New Album In December

Blotted Science fans rejoice because the band's new album is coming! The group is scheduled to begin recording their third release in December at last. You only had to wait a few years! The instrumental progressive metal trio will get together in the studio and shred for the next album and what is the concept? Viruses.

Jarzombek states: "Our last release, 2011's The Animation Of Entomology was scored to bug movies, this time around the concept is viruses. No song titles have been locked up, but Virology likely will appear in the CD title. As of now, we have 37 minutes of completed material and bits of other tunes on which we are working at the moment. So we are well on our way to having enough music for a full-length CD.

"We are taking a bit of a different approach in terms of song writing, and production on this CD. The tech and brutality will still be there, but we are distributing the writing and production duties more evenly between band members. So Hannes' (Grossmann - ex- Necrophagist, Obscura) and Alex' (Webster - Cannibal Corpse, Conquering Dystopia) writing input on our next release will be more present, adding a bit of a different element to our sound. We will also have some drastic changes in our production, so we're pretty stoked about this next release."

In other news, guitarist Ron Jarzombek has been working on an instructional DVD called Dissecting Bugs on which he will play all of the guitar parts on The Animation Of Entomology and will "explain in theoretical, animated detail the 12-tone system that was used to write the EP."

He says: "I was originally planning on releasing a physical DVD, but just recently decided to go all digital, and release the DVD in segments. Plus, it's 2014, the digital age!"

The first segment released is "A Sting Operation - I. Human Barbequed," which is track 5 on The Animation Of Entomology. Check out the preview below.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blotted Science
Posted: 28.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 50 users
29.10.2014 - 01:40
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Mmmmm....so taste. Can't wait
29.10.2014 - 08:58
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Well, nice surprise. Looking forward to this, but hoping the output will be closes to their debut than the EP.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
29.10.2014 - 22:02
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I want Spastic Ink to be back more.
29.10.2014 - 23:20
copycat

This is only getting better and better
29.07.2016 - 11:27
qlacs
"The Quaker"
It's been near 2 years... so where is it?
----
07.11.2023 - 11:13
Svetopolk

Any moment now...
----
None above. None equal.
07.11.2023 - 11:19
JoHn Doe

I got exciting reading the title but this news is from 9 years ago...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 2318 | This month: 8