4 have it
3 want it

01. In Fate's Thralldom
02. Vicissitudinous Entrance To The Painted World
03. Hollow
04. Chronicles Of The Abysswalker
05. Keeper Of Cowardice
06. Crushed By The Bramd
07. Scorpion Horror (Born Of The Madness)
08. Throne Of Want

Additional info
Remixed, remastered and reissued as Despairing Fates: Remastered, released on July 1st, 2020.

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 56 users
31.10.2014 - 04:39
Joe Zombie

Just an amazing album. Let's see: great lyrics derived from the Souls lore, the riffage, the gloom and doom, the raw production, awesome vocals, and the perfect music to convey the dreadful and foreboding atmosphere of the games. Support these guys and check out the record on their Bandcamp.

Favorite tracks: Hollow, Chronicles of the Abysswalker, Throne of Want.
31.10.2014 - 11:56
Zap
^Agreed, this is some pretty cool music, but if it weren't for the lyrics I would never connect it to the Souls games.
That's one thing where I feel Lascaille's Shroud excels; the music sounds like it belongs to the space opera-themed subject matter.
31.10.2014 - 12:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah I agree with Dima. Have only listened to a bit of this and it's quite decent, but death metal is probably the last genre I would choose to represent the Souls game's atmosphere really.
31.10.2014 - 12:24
Zap
Written by Guest on 31.10.2014 at 12:00

death metal is probably the last genre I would choose to represent the Souls game's atmosphere really.

What about power metal?
31.10.2014 - 12:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 31.10.2014 at 12:24

What about power metal?

Oh hell no =P Dark Souls is mostly ambient, slow paced, lonely and isolated, and occasionally cinematic during boss battles. I'd probably go for Lustmord meets Elend crossed with Lurker of Chalice.
31.10.2014 - 12:33
Zap
Written by Guest on 31.10.2014 at 12:26

Oh hell no =P Dark Souls is mostly ambient, slow paced, lonely and isolated, and occasionally cinematic during boss battles. I probably go for Lustmord meets Elend crossed with Lurker of Chalice.

Haha, I was just kidding since I think death metal is at least more fitting than power metal or reggae or something.
I think the music from this trailer is what I'd associate with the games, though that is most likely because it's the first video I ever saw related to it.
31.10.2014 - 12:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 31.10.2014 at 12:33

Haha, I was just kidding since I think death metal is at least more fitting than power metal or reggae or something.
I think the music from this trailer is what I'd associate with the games, though that is most likely because it's the first video I ever saw related to it.

Definitely. Discordant, dissonant classical, orchestral stuff. Both beautiful but kind of dark and hideous at the same time. Just like the games

Reggae Souls though, haha. Funny you say that though I stumbled upon a Dark Souls themed (or at least has Souls references) Hip-Hop band when watching a youtube playthrough. It's actually pretty damn good music. Wouldn't say it fits a Souls game at all of course.

31.10.2014 - 12:42
Zap
Written by Guest on 31.10.2014 at 12:37

Reggae Souls though, haha. Funny you say that though I stumbled upon a Dark Souls themed (or at least has Souls references) Hip-Hop band when watching a youtube playthrough. It's actually pretty damn good music. Wouldn't say it fits a Souls game at all of course.

Yeah, Souls references or not, it doesn't fit the games at all

Hits total: 2166 | This month: 8