Metal Storm logo
Static-X - Wayne Static Passes Away At Age 48

Static-X and publicists at FiXT Publicity issued a statement on their official Facebook page that frontman Wayne Static has passed away at age 48. Details are scarce and cause of death has not been revealed. He leaves behind a wife, former adult film actress Tera Wray, and a successful two-decade career.

Static, born Wayne Richard Wells, served as the vocalist, guitarist, and namesake of the now-defunct American industrial/nu metal group Static-X from its foundation in 1994 until a 2009 hiatus, and again from 2012 to 2013, when disputes over the name with former bassist Tony Campos prompted Static to dissolve the band. During that time, the band released six studio albums, and Static released an album of his own entitled Pighammer, in addition to numerous collaborations and guest appearances.

Known for his gravity-defying hair and penchant for writing songs about the town of Otsego, Michigan, Static was set to tour with fellow nu/industrial metallers Powerman 5000 and Drowning Pool. Our condolences go out to his family, friends, and fans at this news of his untimely passing.

Many bands and band members from around the world have been paying tribute to him and sending their condolences to his family. Some can be read below:

Corey Taylor (Slipknot) said: "I am absolutely devastated to hear about Wayne Static's death. A good man and a good friend. My thoughts are with his family and friends."

Motörhead tweeted: "We are very sad to hear of the passing of Wayne Static. #RIPWayneStatic"

Drowning Pool said in a statement: "We are totally in shock and devastated by the loss of our good friend Wayne of Static-X. Can't believe we lost another great rock Hero. Our heart goes out to Wayne's family and friends. We were so looking forward to touring together in the UK this January. Can't believe you're gone brother. Never easy loosing a friend. Sleep well..."

Dino Cazares (Fear Factory) wrote: "He's a true legend, a great guy and killer song writer. It sucks to lose a friend to something that you wish you could've helped him for. I would like to send out my condolences to the Wells family. R.I.P. Wayne Static. Keep Disco Evil."

[Also thanks to Sword_Chant for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Static-X
Posted: 02.11.2014 by ScreamingSteelUS

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 396 users
03.11.2014 - 09:40
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Holy fuck ! Stop quoting BlackEssence like you're the saint and he's the absolute devil ever.
----
The Fangirl.
03.11.2014 - 10:09
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Written by Sword_Chant on 02.11.2014 at 14:59

Static X were one of the first metal bands I ever listened to, I guess they're one of the many nostalgic nu-metal classic bands that, despite being radio friendly, still hold a special place in your heart. A bit like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park (remember 'It's goin' down' featuring this guy?!?). I'm shocked about it, especially since he always looked young, you would never think the dude was 48. If he died from drugs it's his doing to have gone out that way, but you never know what's going on in these people's lives to cause them to do drugs, he was married to an ex-adult star after all. Nevertheless, R.I.P, far too young to die.

Heavy Metal? :

Anyways RIP.
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
03.11.2014 - 14:24
Reverend X

We miss
A Star
We mourn
We are

Your name
Legacy
Your gift
We are

Cold
Were so cold
We are so
Cold
Were so cold

Your family
Prayers
Condolence
We salute
Your cult
Death trip
Goodbye
03.11.2014 - 15:40
Big-Al

RIP
----

I drink moosepiss
03.11.2014 - 16:56
krrrrebets
Account deleted
Good band Static was... Really sorry to hear that. RIP.

03.11.2014 - 17:30
cossaisVendeurs

He died in his sleep. NO drugs at all. RIP
03.11.2014 - 22:40
Hallford9000

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 03.11.2014 at 17:30

He died in his sleep. NO drugs at all. RIP

at the age of 48?? that's surprising...
03.11.2014 - 23:41
afu

Well, the details will likely come out later. At this point, nothing is certain to anyone who wasn't there.

Also, having watched people die slowly, I'd say I wished I could have done something and drug use isn't the only reason to say it. If that's what was meant, Dino should have kept his fat mouth shut, because assumptions from rock stars cause a lot of undue drama in the fan base.... And on Blabbermouth and other shit-sites.
04.11.2014 - 10:33
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Badula on 03.11.2014 at 05:21

Written by FYA on 02.11.2014 at 12:24

Well...if he died because of drugs overdose, he deserve for no respect.

I hope you get cancer of the asshole.

The advantage of seeing this 6 hours before I can post is that I can't just post my first reaction. You shouldn't go around wishing cancer on people. Just not cool.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
04.11.2014 - 17:25
Sangre Sani

Written by FYA on 02.11.2014 at 17:44

Written by Sangre Sani on 02.11.2014 at 14:09

Written by FYA on 02.11.2014 at 12:24

Well...if he died because of drugs overdose, he deserve for no respect.

You, sir, should burn.

Because of...? Drug overdose is the most shameless way to die. Why? Because it was caused by HIMSELF. I can't understand this gloryfing. If he would died in car accident, or hearh attack - ok, it's sad and it's possible to understand. But if it caused by drugs, it means that he was stupid and ignorant enough to apply them to himself.

I just can't understand it - Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, this guy from GWAR, and everybody is crying and writting 'RIP' or 'SO SAD'. But nobody is saying that drugs caused it and they all died because of their stupidity.

But if he die in some kind of normal way - RIP.

Nobody said to glorifies the way he died. It's true that he died cause of his own fault and you're right here. But he still deserves respect though - for his career, music, influence etc.
Respectable person - not respectable death.
05.11.2014 - 12:26
Ali_EM

R.I.P
10.07.2015 - 19:04
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I forgot about checking this band... lol.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
10.07.2015 - 19:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Maco on 10.07.2015 at 19:04

I forgot about checking this band...

You're not missing out on much if you haven't heard this band.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 7164 | This month: 4