Metal Storm logo
Pain Of Salvation - Release New Video

Pain Of Salvation have launched a new video. The atmospheric video clip was directed by Stefan Daniels for the brilliant song "1979". The track first appeared on the Swedish proggers' album Road Salt Two (2011) and is also taken from the upcoming acoustic album Falling Home. Don't forget to watch the new video here.

Pain Of Salvation's Daniel Gildenlöw said the following about the clip: "We had the greatest time shooting this video. We went up north to an old fisher village where Johanna's family has rented old fisher cabins in the summers since her father was a little child. I have spent time there with her since we met twenty years ago and I love the place. No phones, no television, just the ocean and nature and these old cabins. It seemed the perfect place to shoot the video for 1979. So, we spent a few days there, the entire band with families and Johanna's sisters and their families, and we just had a wonderful time together. I remember standing in the store googling beer brands to find out which bottles had remained most the same since the 70s, hahaha.

"We had many scripted scenes that we shot but that never ended up in the final video - some nude bathing and Ragnar jumping into the water with his clothes on from a row boat. In the end Stefan Daniels (the director) decided to go with the small gestures and made Sandrian and his kite be the heart of the video, which was a perfect decision.

"My favorite clips are probably the ones at the breakfast table in the cabin and the one in front of the cinema, simply because, to me, they capture the air of the late 70s so perfectly, as I knew them. It almost hurts to watch those clips, and I'm close to tearing up every time. My intellect knows perfectly well that these are new recordings, but my heart connects at a split second and breaks from the loss of an era."

Check out the first taste of Falling Home, the track "Linoleum" right here. The album drops in Europe on November 10th, 2014 and January 13th, 2015 in North America via InsideOutMusic.

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Pain Of Salvation
Posted: 31.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 12 users
03.11.2014 - 18:24
Lehctim

Hippies

Hits total: 1893 | This month: 4