03. Black Veil
04. Another Day
05. Wicked Love
06. In Denial
07. Alive?
08. Pieces Of Me
09. Your Turn
10. Black And White

November-7's 2011 debut Season 3 was rockin' and had insane replay value. Sophomore album Awaraxid 7mg is somehow a huge improvement on the already kick-ass debut, with more of everything you loved last time and a few new things to love this time. Songwriting is even more dynamic and the energy level, if you thought it was high before, will blow you away.

If you're new to the band, they exemplify energetic heavy/melodic metal with industrial, electronic, and alternative elements. Songs have immediately unique personalities that play into each other so well so as to create one musical experience. Drums are hard-hitting and guitars still more driving, yet it's the clever melodies, the dark harmonies, and the well-placed electronic elements that caught (and held) my attention.

Annamaria Cozza's voice is clear and straightforward, and she uses it well. She easily belts out crisp, soaring high notes while her low notes are as intriguing as ever. From menacing and gritty to beautiful and sensual, whatever the mood, this voice can deliver.

The way November-7 individually treats each note, each lyric, without ever dropping the character or momentum, is a real treat. That, and the songs are so damn catchy. Current fans of the band will find the industrial and electronic elements amped up this time around and it suits the music just perfectly, adding a vital layer to the experience.

Awarixid 7mg tells the story of a drug, one that revives your childhood dreams. Annamaria explained in an interview that, "the songs are about what it is like when you do not recognize yourself." The lyrics show the pros and cons of this mythical drug that "cures us of our dull state of adulthood," but a warning: there is no going back.

Since releasing their debut album, these Swiss metallers have not only toured Europe but also released a live album of their set from the 10th Anniversary of the Metal Female Voices Festival in Belgium. They even made a great video of their performance (viewable on their website), which proves that their huge energy is not confined to the studio.

After their fun debut I was scared they'd follow it up with a few more-of-the-same albums before fading away. Why do I keep underestimating this awesome band?! They've grown immensely and next time I will trust in high expectation for their future.

Written on 05.11.2014 by Susan appreciates quality metal regardless of sub-genre. Metal Storm Staff since 2006.

Twitter: @HeavyMetalSusan

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 189 users
05.11.2014 - 17:37
Darkside Momo
Retired
Interesting concept story - it sure feels appealing...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
05.11.2014 - 18:21
Hallford9000

I tried their first album, a highly awkward experience. The songs usually start of with not really good melodies, but then--HOLY SHIT!! it just keeps surprising how well the structure fits, although the riffs don't keep going better. Nevertheless, a pleasant listen, but brilliant songwriting. I hope this one is harder hitting.
05.11.2014 - 21:53
Lord_Agony

Awesome band
But their albums art look like Autocad covers
06.11.2014 - 08:32
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Before praising the review, I just want to say Hi to Susan. I have not seen her here in awhile(or if she was around, I did not see her).

Fantastic review, goes up on my long-ass waiting list of 2014. This need to be checked soon.
06.11.2014 - 18:50
PocketMetal

Great album, I'm really enjoying it. Thanks Susan, and welcome back.
07.11.2014 - 03:30
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
A Lacuna Coil clone! I'm all in! - thanks for the review.
----
rekt
07.11.2014 - 06:16
Rating: 9
Susan
Smeghead
Written by tea[m]ster on 07.11.2014 at 03:30

A Lacuna Coil clone! I'm all in! - thanks for the review.

I disagree with this statement 100%. To my ear they sound nothing alike. But if you like it, then it doesn't matter why! We can just agree it's great
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
16.11.2014 - 20:49
Rating: 8
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Really enjoyable album, not sure why I slept on this so long. Thanks for the review Susan!
28.12.2014 - 14:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Finally got around listening to it... Not sure it's totally to my tastes (not a fan of Annamaria's voice tbh), but it's a really interesting and original album!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 4628 | This month: 3