Metal Storm logo
Saint Vitus - Wino Detained In Norway, Deported To U.S.

American doomsters Saint Vitus are in a hairy situation. The band just informed that their frontman Scott "Wino" Weinrich was arrested in Norway by the immigration police for possession of illegal substances. They are in the middle of a European tour and Wino is being deported to the U.S. Despite that, the band vows to continue their 35th anniversary European tour which has three more German shows. Guitarist David Chandler and drummer Henry Vasquez, and possibly other guests, will take over vocal duties.

Here is the band's statement: "Saint Vitus would like to regretfully inform all of our European fans that our lead vocalist Wino was detained by the Norwegian police and immigration officers for possession of illegal substances since Sunday November 9th. As of 4 pm yesterday evening (Nov. 11th) we were informed by his Norwegian defense attorney that he would more than likely be released that same day and be able to continue the remaining dates of our European tour. This morning we received notification that Wino was being deported today back to the U.S. with no hope to remain in Scandinavia or anywhere in the EU.

"Saint Vitus will continue the remaining dates of the tour!

"Our sincere apologies to all of our fans, the promoters, booking agents and especially our Norwegian fans and promoter for the cancelled show. We will still deliver the heavy sound to all of our friends in Europe and it is our hope that everyone will understand our position to go forward with the remaining dates without Wino. David Chandler and Henry Vasquez along with a few surprise guests will take over vocal duties and this will be a rare opportunity to see Vitus with main songwriter David Chandler vocalizing his tormented tales of pain, heartache and DOOM. We hope to still see all of you on our remaining dates. Fuck that weak shit!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Saint Vitus
Posted: 12.11.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 96 users
12.11.2014 - 19:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
What an idiot.
You know that if you get caught you're denied access to the country and get send back to the US.
I don't nderstand the fans on social media blaming the police, for doing their job, when instead they should be blaming Wino for his stupid behaviour.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.11.2014 - 19:53
Vombatus
Potorro
Pure retardness. Can't he just cross the border clean and buy on the spot ? I bet it's not hard to do....
12.11.2014 - 21:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.11.2014 at 19:23

What an idiot.
You know that if you get caught you're denied access to the country and get send back to the US.
I don't nderstand the fans on social media blaming the police, for doing their job, when instead they should be blaming Wino for his stupid behaviour.

you make a type LOL

same here I don't understand it either, old bill do its job, no matter if its you, I, him or some other person from France, law is law , it will happen in US as well and everywhere.
I don't blame old bill, but I blame him , he is an idiot. he can smuggle drugs and do time in the slammer, law is law and law is same for everyone,
Well now he has ''black mark'' whit this, he might get visa rejections in EU and maybe in Ausie.. he is not Ac/Dc and fans pay his bills and St. Vitus is not most richest bands so ..

Norway is not in EU , while rest of Scandi is
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.11.2014 - 21:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vombatus on 12.11.2014 at 19:53

Pure retardness. Can't he just cross the border clean and buy on the spot ? I bet it's not hard to do....

if you have connections, I live in Luleå I know drugs, guns, girls , spice are here, 81 and RD has it but I swear I don't even know where to buy and to who ask...so in other country its hard to get .... well Ned won help, foreigners are banned from smoking legal weed there
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2014 - 21:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 12.11.2014 at 21:25

foreigners are banned from smoking legal weed there

Nope they aren't. It's just that in some cities they can't buy it themselves. But in most cvities they can still buy it themselves in coffeeshops.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.11.2014 - 05:08
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.11.2014 at 19:23

Word up. It's nothing but immature to be going on with all that "fuck the police" shit in this situation. Yeah, in an ideal world there'd be no cops and we could all just do drugs and whatever else we want, but we don't live in an ideal world. Either get over it and learn to deal, or don't and suffer the consequences.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.11.2014 - 11:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by deadone on 13.11.2014 at 07:58

What do people expect when they act like idiots. I have no pity for him.

He should be happy it wasn't Indonesia or Malaysia - he'd be doing serious time.

Or Singapore for that matter. There he would be hanged.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.11.2014 - 15:48
toxx
Supreme being
Yeah, real bummer. Orange Goblin stepped up and played a longer set though. It turned out to be a good evening after all. According to Norwegian newspapers, they found 10 grams of amphetamine in the tour bus.
13.11.2014 - 16:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
What an idiot indeed. Fortunately Sweden didn't caught him and I could still see him hahahah.
It's true, I just dont see how you couldn't get some on the spot. On that very concert I got some for free!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.11.2014 - 18:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
If this shit would have happened in India, you must have gone clear.

Otherwise, What an idiot[3].
13.11.2014 - 18:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I just think this is very unprofessional. If you want to smoke pot or whatever, don't make it at the expense of the fans who paid to see you live.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.11.2014 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 13.11.2014 at 18:54

I just think this is very unprofessional. If you want to smoke pot or whatever, don't make it at the expense of the fans who paid to see you live.

some ppl also has been problems whit Wino, I have read about him like he don't wanna talk, take pics, and so on, arguments I am tired I need warm up, same time guy keeps drinking beer and watching other bands

He should remember we fans pay his bills , and personally I would want my money back , and I think his reputation is in risk and if he will need visa, it can be problem
----

apos;'
[image]
13.11.2014 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anyway he is some live whit out wino, guitarist did sing in 1th video and its good ,
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/saint-vitus-plays-first-european-show-without-wino-in-gothenburg-video-available/
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 3109 | This month: 12