Metal Storm logo
Jørn Lande - Releasing Concept Album With Trond Holter

Frontiers Music Srl will release a new concept album written and performed by two Norwegian musicians, singer Jørn Lande and guitarist Trond Holter (Jorn), titled Dracula: Swing Of Death, on January 23rd in Europe and January 27th in North America. This epic album took close to 4 years to complete. It's not the typical rock opera with a storyteller and long instrumental parts, but more of a dark and melodic rock album with a demonic and beautiful love story inspired by Bram Stoker's Dracula, reflecting the inner shadows of the man and myth. Watch the trailer to hear song samples from the album below. Did it pique your interest?

Jorn Lande, who impersonates Dracula, is the main character of the album and the female parts are sung by Norwegian singer Lena Fløitmoen (representing Mina/Lucy from the Bram Stoker book).

Tracklist:
01. Hands Of Your God
02. Walking On Water
03. Swing Of Death
04. Masquerade Ball
05. Save Me
06. River Of Tears
07. Queen Of The Dead
08. Into The Dark
09. True Love Through Blood (instrumental)
10. Under The Gun

The album features performances from:

• Jorn Lande: Lead Vocals
  • Trond Holter: Guitars, Piano
  • Bernt Jansen: Bass
  • Per Morten Bergseth: Drums
  • Lena Fløitmoen: Lead and Background Vocals on "Save Me"; "River Of Tears", "Into The Dark", "Under The Gun", plus background vocals on "Swing Of Death"

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Jorn
  • Posted: 18.11.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 4   Visited by: 72 users
    18.11.2014 - 12:36
    Maglor

This man don't stop
    ----
    Maglor
    18.11.2014 - 18:09
    ManiacBlasphemer
    Black Knight
    Not a great fan of Lande, but I like the cover artwork. Not really hyped though after hearing the preview. I never found Lande an expresionist performer that could somehow deliver something more than an actual good performance in heavy metal style. For a concept album, it is not enough to just be a vocalist, but an actor at the same time. This is why I like the concept albums of Lucassen, the two part concept album of Kamelot, WASPs Crimson Idol, Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime and some others. You could feel that the vocalist is also a protagonist in the story.

Guess I'll just lay low until I can hear the full work, but this preview did not really impress me.
    19.11.2014 - 06:35
    mikeprado30

Maybe some Meat Loaf's influences for this work?
    ----
    BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
    19.11.2014 - 07:09
    McBalls

Nice!

Hits total: 2252 | This month: 4