Metal Storm logo
Jazz-fusion guitar players

Poll

Which of these jazz (fusion) axes you like more?

Al Di Meola
Other
Jaco Pastorius
Allan Holdsworth
Pat Metheny
Larry Coryell
Gary Moore
John McLaughlin
Tommy Bolin

Total votes: 7
21.11.2014 - 20:53
Yossarian

Hi

I am bewitched with jazz lately (mainly fussioned and guitar-based) and I will like to know more guitar players so I decided to create this poll
I have chosen my 8 favourite ones and left number 9 blank so that you will chose yours if not on the list.
I have preferred to make it a poll and not just a question just for fun to know as well which of my favourite ones you would chose in case you don't prefer another.
Finally, I know Jaco played bass but he is so fu**ing great that he should be included.
My vote for Metheny nevertheless and second would be Di Meola.

Cheers and have fun

21.11.2014 - 21:00
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Are Marco Sfogli and Guthri Govan jazz fusion guitar players ? in any case I love them.
----
The Fangirl.
21.11.2014 - 21:04
Yossarian

Written by angel. on 21.11.2014 at 21:00

Are Marco Sfogli and Guthri Govan jazz fusion guitar players ? in any case I love them.

I don't know them. Thanks. I will have a look at them (well really I will have a "listen" to them)
21.11.2014 - 21:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Yossarian on 21.11.2014 at 21:04

I don't know them. Thanks. I will have a look at them (well really I will have a "listen" to them)

Marco has one solo album which can be jazz fusion in some ways I'm not sure though. He has other albums with that guy from Dream Theater , the singer, I can't remember his name.

And Guthri is embodiment of Apollo I think.
----
The Fangirl.
22.11.2014 - 08:25
Yossarian

Quote:
And Guthri is embodiment of Apollo I think.

embodiment of Apollo? do u mean he is like a god (playing)?
22.11.2014 - 08:37
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Yossarian on 22.11.2014 at 08:25

embodiment of Apollo? do u mean he is like a god (playing)?

yeah Apollo is god of music.
----
The Fangirl.
22.11.2014 - 14:26
Yossarian

Yes, It is god of music. I forgot....
22.11.2014 - 19:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Al Di Meola is my fave. been listening to Al more than metal since moving to Paraguay. World Sinfonia II and Kiss My Axe are on regular rotation.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.11.2014 - 19:59
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by BitterCOld on 22.11.2014 at 19:28

Al Di Meola is my fave. been listening to Al more than metal since moving to Paraguay. World Sinfonia II and Kiss My Axe are on regular rotation.

Do you know Andy Mackee ? I like him so much too.

Off-topic : did you move there forever ? why ?
----
The Fangirl.
22.11.2014 - 20:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by angel. on 22.11.2014 at 19:59

Not personally, only heard small samplings of the others, so shouldn't have voted. Just jumped on Al as even if I start snapping up releases by the others, he'll remain my fave just for sentimental reasons.

(OT- Mrs is a teacher. we like to travel, but don't have a lot of cash. the loophole: teaching abroad. here for two years then who knows where the winds will take us.)
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.11.2014 - 20:37
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Jaco is basically the god of the bass, forget Cliff Burton, forget Steve Harris, without him people today probably wouldn't even have the idea that bass can be used as a lead isntrument. As a bassist myself, he's unquestionably been my biggest influence.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.11.2014 - 01:33
foschino
Account deleted
Allan Holdsworth is my favourite from this list and I voted for him. Tosin Abasi, who is very fashionable today, steals everything he can from Holdsworth and put it in a more metal context.
Guthrie Govan is fantastic. With his project The Aristocrats (featuring Marco Minnemann) he plays jazz, while his solo album is more rock oriented. Both are excellent albums, anyway.
29.11.2014 - 07:47
Yossarian

Written by BitterCOld on 22.11.2014 at 19:28

And his "Race with the Devil on a Spanish Highway" has even been versioned by metal bands such as Riot
30.11.2014 - 20:39
Yossarian

Quote:
Quote:

Hi. Thanks. I have listened Mackee, Govan and the embodiment of Apollo alone and with The Aristocrats. I liked the two last ones very much.
Thanks cos I would not have know them if u hadn't tell me

Cheers
30.11.2014 - 21:08
angel.
Evil Butterfly
^ you're welcome I'm glad that you enjoyed them but actually who can't enjoy them.
----
The Fangirl.
09.12.2014 - 20:00
Yossarian

Written by Auntie Sahar on 22.11.2014 at 20:37

Jaco is basically the god of the bass, forget Cliff Burton, forget Steve Harris, without him people today probably wouldn't even have the idea that bass can be used as a lead isntrument. As a bassist myself, he's unquestionably been my biggest influence.

I agree with u. That man was amazing. A pity he died so young. We will never know what he had achieved if not.

Cheers
09.12.2014 - 21:51
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Did you try Marco Sfogli, I bet you would like his album too.
----
The Fangirl.
14.12.2014 - 20:21
Yossarian

Written by angel. on 09.12.2014 at 21:51

Did you try Marco Sfogli, I bet you would like his album too.

Yes I did. Thanks. Great player too. Not Apollo, only his right hand hehehe.