Metal Storm logo
Melechesh - New Album Coming In February

Five years and several line-up changes later, Israel's own Melechesh are finally releasing their new album. Titled Enki, the follow-up to The Epigenesis now has an official release date. Nuclear Blast will release it on February 6th (Europe), February 9th (UK) and February 10th (US), 2015. You can check out the album's tracklist below. Do you have high hopes for the new record?

The pre-orders are also now available over here.

The tracklist of Enki:

01. Tempest Temper Enlil Enraged
02. The Pendulum Speaks
03. Lost Tribes
04. Multiple Truths
05. Enki - Divine Nature Awoken
06. Metatron And Man
07. The Palm The Eye And Lapis Lazuli
08. Doorways To Irkala
09. The Outsiders

Almost all of the music and lyrics was again written and produced by Ashmedi. Melechesh spent one month in their rehearsal room in Hinzweiler (Germany) rehearsing the material before entering the recording studio in Athens, Greece. The band wanted a Mediterranean place to capture the essence of the band's origins.

Enki features 12 string electric guitars aside from the 6 string played on the entire album, for a heavier and subtly richer harmonic sound. The band also tuned their instruments to the pitch perfect 432 Hz frequency rather than the standardized 440 Hz one for a deeper sonic experience within the human psyche and in accordance to vibrations of the universe. Enki also features esteemed friends of Melechesh such as guest vocalists Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy) and Sakis Tolis (Rotting Christ) as well as guest lead by Rob Caggiano (ex-Anthrax, Volbeat).

Moloch joined the band in the studio to record some traditional instruments and leads, and also contributed a couple of riffs to the album. Also, the drums were re-recorded by original Melechesh drummer Lord Curse.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Melechesh
Posted: 28.11.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 103 users
28.11.2014 - 19:46
Arcticus

Sweet, I'll be looking forward to this for sure hopefully they can recapture the magic of their pre-Epigenesis albums! (Not to say that album was bad but it certainly felt like a step below its predecessors.)
28.11.2014 - 19:47
Gothmog_Motsham

This all sounds really really good. Can't wait for this one to drop!
28.11.2014 - 22:08
foschino
Account deleted
What a pretentious statement! Since when tuning is the key for making good music? Come down to earth, please!
29.11.2014 - 00:02
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.11.2014 at 22:08
Since when tuning is the key for making good music?

Since, like, forever?
29.11.2014 - 01:47
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 28.11.2014 at 22:08

Since when tuning is the key for making good music? Come down to earth, please!

Can't tell if troll, or...
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.11.2014 - 01:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
He's right:

Quote:
The band also tuned their instruments to the pitch perfect 432 Hz frequency rather than the standardized 440 Hz one for a deeper sonic experience within the human psyche and in accordance to vibrations of the universe.

Hugely pretentious statement. Going from one to other is not automatically going to make your music better, despite whatever theoretical "improvement" there is (and there's no consensus from what I gather, especially not for metal).
29.11.2014 - 02:12
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 01:56

He's right:

Quote:
The band also tuned their instruments to the pitch perfect 432 Hz frequency rather than the standardized 440 Hz one for a deeper sonic experience within the human psyche and in accordance to vibrations of the universe.

Hugely pretentious statement. Going from one to other is not automatically going to make your music better, despite whatever theoretical "improvement" there is (and there's no consensus from what I gather, especially not for metal).

Ever read the Bible?
29.11.2014 - 02:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 02:12

Ever read the Bible?

Not a fan of fiction
29.11.2014 - 02:14
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I get such a desperate anguished vibe from this Ashmedi dude... I have HIGH expectations for this record.
29.11.2014 - 02:18
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 02:13

Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 02:12

Ever read the Bible?

Not a fan of fiction

You doubt the power of the 432HZ frequencies which are in tune with the sacred crystal gonads of God! Seriously, my point is a lot of people believe in meta-physical stuff far stupider than the glory of 432Hz. "Pretentious" is abound in the world of metal.
29.11.2014 - 02:45
Zap
I don't really know what I want this to be. Other than good of course. Great would be even better.
29.11.2014 - 02:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 02:18

"Pretentious" is abound in the world of metal.

It is. The moment you really start looking at it the more embarrassing it becomes...
29.11.2014 - 02:58
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 02:45

Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 02:18

"Pretentious" is abound in the world of metal.

It is. The moment you really start looking at it the more embarrassing it becomes...

Which is why I am a huge fan of Spinal Tap.
29.11.2014 - 06:15
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 01:56

I was more so loling at "what does tuning have to do with good music?" but the band statement in itself is equally as hilarious. As a matter of fact, it's so ridiculous that I'm almost tempted to believe that it's tongue in cheek and they're poking fun at bands who take themselves too seriously with their statements about their compositional processes.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.11.2014 - 11:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.11.2014 at 06:15

I was more so loling at "what does tuning have to do with good music?" but the band statement in itself is equally as hilarious. As a matter of fact, it's so ridiculous that I'm almost tempted to believe that it's tongue in cheek and they're poking fun at bands who take themselves too seriously with their statements about their compositional processes.

It might as well have said "Melechesh: now with healing crystals!"
05.12.2014 - 23:07
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I've heard of 432 Hz tuning being more "natural" and such, and it's supposedly more agreeable with the human brain or some shit, but I don't think I buy it. Whatever, it'll sound about the same either way.
----
05.12.2014 - 23:18
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 29.11.2014 at 11:16

It might as well have said "Melechesh: now with healing crystals!"

I'm friends with Ashmedi on Facebook. He's a cool guy, but he's the kind of guy that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was into healing crystals and such.

I say let the guy think what he wants, whether right or wrong. It's not going to make much of a difference to the overall sound of the album. Though, it is a little strange to think that 432 Hz tuning will make a big difference, I'll give you that.

You never know, though--maybe it will make some kind of difference. I'm curious to see if I notice anything distinctive about it (though I expect if I do, it'll either be almost negligible and/or due to confirmation bias).
----
05.12.2014 - 23:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Jaeryd on 05.12.2014 at 23:18

I'm friends with Ashmedi on Facebook. He's a cool guy, but he's the kind of guy that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was into healing crystals and such.

I say let the guy think what he wants, whether right or wrong. It's not going to make much of a difference to the overall sound of the album. Though, it is a little strange to think that 432 Hz tuning will make a big difference, I'll give you that.

You never know, though--maybe it will make some kind of difference. I'm curious to see if I notice anything distinctive about it (though I expect if I do, it'll either be almost negligible and/or due to confirmation bias).

I've looked into a little bit, and there does appear to be some difference, but I could never say one is better than the other. I'm curious to know how many other metal bands tune to 432Hz. I suspect it's probably not uncommon (apparently The Beatles did so it's not a new thing at any rate).

I guess in the grand scheme of metal it's no more ostentatious than anything else other bands do.
06.12.2014 - 00:01
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 05.12.2014 at 23:26

I've looked into a little bit, and there does appear to be some difference,

Well, I mean of course there's a difference between 432 hz and 440 hz, and you can hear it when they're played back-to-back/side-by-side (whichever one you hear second will sound off-tune). However, when ALL instruments are tuned like that, I doubt it'll make a difference to the overall sound, and I certainly doubt it'll make you transcend into the spiritual realm.
----
25.12.2014 - 11:33
Olives

Like the fact they teamed up with Cavalera, ruins the theory Sepultura are anti-smites in any way.

Hits total: 2332 | This month: 4