Metal Storm logo
Napalm Death - Reveal New Album Cover And Tracklist

After premiering a new song recently, grinders Napalm Death unveil the cover artwork and the tracklist for their upcoming 15th studio album Apex Predator - Easy Meat. The record will be released on January 26th, 2015 in Europe and January 27th in North America via Century Media Records. The album's artwork was created by Danish designer Frode Sylthe, who has previously worked on Napalm Death's latest album Utilitarian as well as with bands such as At The Gates, The Haunted or Burst. The cover is simple but meaningful.

Shane Embury commented on the artwork as follows: "There are many meanings that you could grab from the new album artwork, I think. But one is the representation of how our natural and most basic needs for happiness and communication are being stripped away by materialism and pre-packaged garbage - crap that we don't need, filtered to us through the media via the megacorporations with the goal to maintain the bloated bottom line of profit. It's all just stuff that will be obsolete in 6 months time. And behind the scenes of course, modern day slavery is alive, well and obscured by this facade. It's all an exercise in deceit to shower us with fake fulfillment, while the poor and underprivileged fall further by the wayside."

As for Mark "Barney" Greenway, he offers: "Across the albums, we have had some very complex and interconnected artwork. This time we wanted to keep it more simple - strip it down perhaps to a single image that would sharpen the focus. I loved the idea of the supermarket-style packaging as soon as I saw it, as when you go into one of those places with nourishment in mind and you're greeted with some miserable, artificially-enhanced foodstuff contained in a bleak little receptacle of industrial plastics, it doesn't exactly inspire you. To then fill that plastic tray with the dregs of meat production, well, that is the 'easy meat' in the title - representing the people who suffer for burgeoning consumption degraded and dumped in the most pitiful way."

Tracklist:
01. Apex Predator - Easy Meat
02. Smash A Single Digit
03. Metaphorically Screw You
04. How The Years Condemn
05. Stubborn Stains
06. Timeless Flogging
07. Dear Slum Landlord...
08. Cesspits
09. Bloodless Coup
10. Beyond The Pale
11. Stunt Your Growth
12. Hierarchies
13. One-Eyed
14. Adversarial / Copulating Snakes

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Napalm Death
Posted: 01.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 108 users
01.12.2014 - 21:11
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Not a particularly good album cover. Reminds me of a goregrind album or something similar, so I guess it could be interesting if it is indicative of a stylistic choice in the music.
01.12.2014 - 21:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Great cover that. Sort of looks like something Carcass might do.
01.12.2014 - 21:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 01.12.2014 at 21:11

Not a particularly good album cover. Reminds me of a goregrind album or something similar, so I guess it could be interesting if it is indicative of a stylistic choice in the music.

Haha, whoops, comment jinxing there
01.12.2014 - 21:13
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 01.12.2014 at 21:12

Haha, whoops, comment jinxing there

Lol instant differing opinions. If the music is as polarizing that would be cool.
01.12.2014 - 21:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 01.12.2014 at 21:13

Lol instant differing opinions. If the music is as polarizing that would be cool.

I do agree it's a really odd choice for ND. Would be expecting something punky and political like their usual stuff.

And yeah, they could probably do with shaking their sound up really. They don't seem to have changed much the last four or so albums. I'd probably be happy with another one like the last one though.
01.12.2014 - 22:00
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
They debuted Dear Slum Landlord at Roadburn, also another good track
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 1974 | This month: 5