Metal Storm logo
Testament - Fans Can Own Shares Of 'Native Blood' Song

After Queensrÿche offered investors a chance to buy a stake in the band, thrashers Testament are now following suit. The band is giving fans a chance to own shares of their song "Native Blood" (from 2012's album Dark Roots Of Earth). For the first time in history, Testament is allowing you to own what no fan has owned before.

The "Songshares" are being offered by the band in conjunction with the New York Rock Exchange. Fans can purchase ownership shares in the copyrights of "Native Blood" and become part owners of the song. You can get all the details over here.

"Native Blood" Songshares, which range in price from $15 to $100, include a hand-signed (by Testament's Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson) Gold NYRE share certificate (these are for the first 100 shares only; there are only 100 available) and a hand-numbered lithograph of original "Native Blood" artwork that's available only to NYRE shareholders.

All Songshare holders, who will become official co-owners of the song, will get a digital certificate of ownership that can be posted to social media. Fans also will have access to an exclusive conference call with Testament's Eric and Chuck, early access to the band's upcoming 2015 album and more.

"Native Blood" shares are available for fans now.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Testament
Posted: 03.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 124 users
03.12.2014 - 13:26
magatouve
Account deleted
From the website of the so-called "New York Rock Exchange"

"Does a songshare give me any financial interest in the song?

No. Songshares are for entertainment purposes only. They are not securities, and do not provide a financial interest in the song."

I have no fucking clue what is their worth other than being collectable items (some kind of merchandise). I think calling them "shares" or "stakes" is grossly misleading. You're not owning any fucking thing in the song!
03.12.2014 - 15:38
cossaisVendeurs

Money must be tight
03.12.2014 - 15:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Awesome, this will go nicely with that bit of Moon that I own.
03.12.2014 - 17:33
JayMo4

I should have sold my Opeth stock before Lindgren left. My broker warned me not to invest in progressive death metal
03.12.2014 - 17:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Guest on 03.12.2014 at 15:48

Awesome, this will go nicely with that bit of Moon that I own.

How expensive was that? If I could, I would buy me some sunshine.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.12.2014 - 17:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 03.12.2014 at 17:39

How expensive was that? If I could, I would buy me some sunshine.

Apparently prices go from £16.75, which gets you an acre. http://www.moonestates.com/

I don't see sunshine on there, but you can buy a piece of Venus, which is closer to the sun =P
03.12.2014 - 22:43
Gothmog_Motsham

They should be ashamed of themselves. Even the most commercial band in the world, *cough *Dimmu Borgir* cough*, didn't do this.
04.12.2014 - 01:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 03.12.2014 at 22:43

They should be ashamed of themselves. Even the most commercial band in the world, *cough *Dimmu Borgir* cough*, didn't do this.

you've never heard of KISS, have you?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.12.2014 - 06:36
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Oh, this is fantastic.

Let me try to get in and see if I'm an shareholder of "Native Blood" or not.

This is coming from a guy who trade in MCX(Multi Commodity Exchange) market putting small stakes on gold, silver or crude oil quite a lot. Not a permament resident of India, otherwise I would have been shareholder of many big companies in BSE(Bombay Stock Exchange).
04.12.2014 - 06:44
Wingtorte

Now there's a new and unexpected low...
04.12.2014 - 20:32
magatouve
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 04.12.2014 at 02:29

Written by Guest on 03.12.2014 at 13:26

From the website of the so-called "New York Rock Exchange"

"Does a songshare give me any financial interest in the song?

No. Songshares are for entertainment purposes only. They are not securities, and do not provide a financial interest in the song."

I have no fucking clue what is their worth other than being collectable items (some kind of merchandise). I think calling them "shares" or "stakes" is grossly misleading. You're not owning any fucking thing in the song!

So it's money for nothing essentially.

Yeah, basically it is the same like taking white scraps of paper, drawing smilies on them, and then selling them to fans. The only difference is that they call it "shares" here!
04.12.2014 - 21:20
Wingtorte

Oh well don't forget...you get to have a conference call with Chuck and get to hear the new album before its released! Wouldn't want to miss out on that now! : Can only imagine how this "conference call" will go...sounds like the ridiculous fan raffle we had going at HMV back when I was still working there where Justin Bieber fans got to win a phone call with him lol (as an aside, also during this promo we got a terrifying life sized cut out of Justin Bieber to put up in the store that some "lucky" fan got to take home )
04.12.2014 - 23:40
Gothmog_Motsham

Quote:
You've never heard of KISS, have you?

TBH I have never listened to anything they ever released. Ever. And after checking their profile on MS, I don't think I want to...
06.12.2014 - 06:37
mikeprado30

Written by BitterCOld on 04.12.2014 at 01:46

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 03.12.2014 at 22:43

you've never heard of KISS, have you?

Or Metallica, or Mägo de Oz
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
08.12.2014 - 09:36
Big-Al

Well all this is pretty funny to say the least.

but from ...Testament ...
----

I drink moosepiss

Hits total: 1952 | This month: 4