03. A Predicament In Time
04. Thorp Afield
05. Mitos
06. Regrets
07. Degression

Additional info
Producer: Jan ?vigelj & ?iga Zmazek.
Mixing & mastering: ?iga Zmazek.
Cover art & photography: Robert Zupančič & Luka Prijatelj.

Staff review by
Susan
Rating:
Morost's brand of death metal is quite groovy, with strong drumming and blast beats in all the right places, while a thundering bass leads us through the darkness. Yet, there is so much beauty and emotion in Solace In Solitude. These Slovenians carry the label "Progressive Death Metal" and I can get right in line behind that. It's decidedly extreme metal, but the shards of melody that slice their way into this music will equally slice their way into your tortured, music-loving heart.

Read more ››
published 25.11.2014 | Comments (1)

Morost plays the grooviest, yet most beautiful death metal in Slovenia, or just about anywhere else on Earth.

Excellent vocals, a thundering bass, dynamic guitars, and blast beats in all the right places.

Fall in love at Bandcamp.

Susan's picks | More picks ››
Bandcamp music player

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 133 users
05.12.2014 - 06:41
Rating: 10
mascow
Holy cow this is epic. i really feel quite moved by this album. it feels a lot like opeth in the still life album. just raw with power and actually have the death growls match the music which is the only way death growls makesense in my opinion.
05.12.2014 - 17:26
Rating: 9
Susan
Smeghead
elite
^Yes. They match the music so, so well. "Raw with power" is an excellent description: it's epic and beautiful but not remotely soft or lacking in the extreme metal department.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
03.01.2015 - 17:16
Rating: 8
JayMo4
This is some solid stuff, love the rhythmic flow to it. I do think there's room to grow and develop as a band, but this is a very good debut. I'm a little surprised it's only pulling a 7.9 on MS right now, but maybe a lot of the people that would like it haven't heard it. Hopefully these guys can get some exposure.
01.02.2015 - 20:02
Rating: 7
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
The Randy Blytheish vocals meld so strangely well with the organs and slower guitar riffs. Plenty of dark melodies here. The drawback is that there is not much variety in tone or cadence, and songs start to run together. I also have a gripe with the song lengths. There is not enough progression or variety to warrent them. If they tighten up their compositions next time around, they could really have something. Definitely a band to watch. Enjoyability=7, Musicianship=6, Innovation=8.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.

Hits total: 4159 | This month: 9