01. To Disappear
02. Never Want To Feel That Way Again
03. Deep Still Silent Earth
04. Change
05. Nur Das Bist Du
06. For Black Hearts
07. Experience The Light

Dearest:
Golden was the light that took you away from me. Our song started calmly. Bitterness crept in from the underground yet the melody was sweet. Your voice was soft. Weak yet potent to these ears. Almost agonizing. Almost?

Gone. A battering ram hits these walls. My pulse rushes like a flood as our foundations collapse. Seen it all. Heard it all. Felt it all. Years have passed but my mind remains ever so lost. As oceans dry up, as deserts flourish and as hills are flattened... I can only sing quietly with the cacophony that strangled our vows. A song for a forever that never came. Choirs and cheers that we never heard. At night, while the birds ended their rituals of joy, a revelation came to me.

The waves of November wash over these bare and tired feet. The storm hits once again and I shout loudly to the unforgiving sky: You must understand. You must forgive me for not letting you go. Forgive me because I still search in the sand for that full moon that scratched the sea. I keep searching because I want to disappear with you.

As soon as the rain stops, a blinding light stretches out a helping hand. My future looks brighter all of a sudden. If I ever loved or if I'll someday love after I've loved? It will be because of you. After all this time, the chaos has found an order. A harmony. I don't want to go back. I never want to feel that way again. But this silent earth desires something else. Change won't come easily. The harshness of it all. I will fight it. I will fight you.

These memories of you get sweeter by the day, since it's only the other half that faded into oblivion... Yet your shadow still comes to my bed along with the darkness. In between my pillow and my solitude I can feel your presence whispering coldly to this now black heart:

I will always be with you. Always.

Please? Please leave my dreams. Let me experience the light.

Written on 07.12.2014 by A lazy reviewer but he is so cute you'd forgive him for it.

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 46 users
07.12.2014 - 18:12
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
This is super beautiful and I think suits the music within 1973 perfectly. Well done Rod, you made me want to cry.
07.12.2014 - 18:18
Ilham
Giant robot
Awwwww .
07.12.2014 - 19:10
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
In case anyone wondered... These were the main influences. Some obvious. Some aren't
1) Song titles (duh)
2) Personal experiences
3) Experiences from someone I know
4) An extremly beautiful yet very depressing/dark love song by Juan Manuel Serrat called "Lucia". I know that song since childhood. I took the liberty to use 4 sentences from the song as they fit perfectly for the purpose of the review. Translation and video found here.

Thanks guys.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
07.12.2014 - 20:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Nah, seriously it's ace dude. I'm liking this sudden surge of interesting and creative reviews from you, Ilham, Pippin etc. A nice change of pace.
07.12.2014 - 21:02
Susan
Smeghead
I love this review.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
07.12.2014 - 21:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I feel like this was written for me, Rod. It's okay, I know you love me

I remember I listened to Seirom once. I think you showed me something.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.12.2014 - 17:09
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Thank you all for the kind comments. I'm really happy to see it worked. A few days ago I got an idea for another unorthodox review but it's also from an older album... xP
Ana, you should check this album. It's amazing.
Written by Guest on 07.12.2014 at 20:06
Nah, seriously it's ace dude. I'm liking this sudden surge of interesting and creative reviews from you, Ilham, Pippin etc. A nice change of pace.

You fucker. You just couldn't find a smaller pic?
----
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.12.2014 - 17:39
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
A beautiful and poetic review for a beautiful and poetic album. A bit of an unorthodox way of doing things, but hey, this is a pretty unorthodox album
Cool idea and nice work man.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 2291 | This month: 7