Various Artists - Tliltic Tlapoyauak [VA]

7.8 | 4 votes |
Release date: 30 June 2013
Style: Psychedelic black metal

Owners:

5 have it

Disc I
01. Kuxan Suum - Tzolk'in
02. Cempopoloah - En El Obligo De La Luna...
03. Blue Hummingbird On The Left - Storm
04. The Haunting Presence - Dead Souls Scream
05. In Lakech Ala Kin - Ometeotl
06. Muknal - Bringers Of Filth
07. Dolorvotre - Upward Spiraling
08. Tukaaria - Nekaroa

Disc II
01. Kampilan - Battle Of Mactan
02. Volahn - Yaxche
03. Kallathon - Universe Of Constant Ages And In The Mist Of Eternity
04. Shataan - Born To The Earth, Return Through The Body
05. Blood Play - Screams Transcends
06. Acualli - Rites Of Mockery
07. Arizmenda - Rites Of Deconsecration
08. Axeman - Ride Into The Night

Additional info
Tliltic Tlapoyauak translates to Black Twilight in Nahuatl.

Reissue on professionally duplicated and printed cassettes, housed in a transparent vinyl clam shell case with a 20 page booklet containing photos and lyrics.
All tracks remastered at Solomon's Gate.

Also pressed on silver/black swirled vinyl. Each LP comes in a silver sleeve, all housed in a foil-stamped box with a 24-page libretto; as well as a three panels digipak CD.

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 19   Visited by: 68 users
10.12.2014 - 02:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The In Lakech Ala Kin, Kampilan, Muknal and Axeman tracks are something else. First 3 tracks are kinda best avoided though. [edit] Actually they're not bad, just not as good as the other tracks.
10.12.2014 - 02:05
Lit.
Account deleted
Damn, this was difficult. VA tags are confusing.

Great variety for a black metal compilation. Lots of tasty influences and styles.

EDIT: SON OF A BITCH, JOE. FUCKING GREASED LIGHTNING!
10.12.2014 - 02:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.12.2014 at 02:05

Damn, this was difficult. VA tags are confusing.

Great variety for a black metal compilation. Lots of tasty influences and styles.

EDIT: SON OF A BITCH, JOE. FUCKING GREASED LIGHTNING!

Greasing lightning is harder than you might think. But worth it.
10.12.2014 - 02:11
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.12.2014 at 02:07

Greasing lightning is harder than you might think. But worth it.

I'm honestly amazed right now. I knew you'd find this fast but I didn't think you'd comment on it not even a minute after the page itself was created.

That said, did I ever thank you for introducing me to this?
10.12.2014 - 02:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.12.2014 at 02:11

I'm honestly amazed right now. I knew you'd find this fast but I didn't think you'd comment on it not even a minute after the page itself was created.

That said, did I ever thank you for introducing me to this?

It was luck. I was actually faffing elsewhere when I clicked on MS and saw an update.

I think you may have mentioned it somewhere. Maybe the list I put it on.
26.11.2015 - 17:26
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
So in other news, this is absolutely amazing front to back, and you should feel like complete shit if you don't think so
Like, seriously, what an amazing collective. This might be the black metal scene to pay attention to in the U.S. in the 2010s

*Personal favorites: Kuxan Suum, In Lakech Ala Kin, Kampilan, Kallathon, Arizmenda, and Shataan
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
26.11.2015 - 20:05
Rating: 6
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So many good names, so many hype and good words...
And yet I never listened t this =p
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.11.2015 - 20:08
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Karlabos on 26.11.2015 at 20:05

So many good names, so many hype and good words...
And yet I never listened t this =p

Just doing my work here.

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.11.2015 - 20:11
Rating: 6
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.11.2015 at 20:08

Just doing my work here.

Yeah, I just 'acquired a copy' and let it on my to-hear list to fix this issue of mine
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.11.2015 - 20:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Right now I'm listening to the very last track of this brilliant compilation.

Wow, really some incredible minds are behind Crepusculo Negro. All the bands share members so we are not talking about SO many musicians. Anyways, difficult to pick up highlights. I can honestly said I found nothing bad. Everything is strong... The tracks from Tukaaria and Acualli were less good but still had something to offer and didn't feel like real fillers.

Man, this ending by Axeman is the shit. Like some psychedelic crust punk with black metal influences. Fucking brilliant.
----
Rod, let me love you.
14.11.2016 - 07:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Absolute kvlt compilation. I especially like how the first track starts with a screaming aborigine kinda thing though, as un-metal as it could get. Muknal and Volahn are the highlights for me in the first listen.
08.03.2017 - 17:47
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Man, BTC bands are so damn good but unfortunately other than Arizmenda and Volahn I feel like the majority just really aren't all that active. Few other bands in the collective have really put out any material other than that for this compilation, aside perhaps from a demo or an EP or two.

Shataan dropped their first full length last year though, so hopefully that's a start to some of the other bands becoming a bit more prolific.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
08.03.2017 - 20:32
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Oh yeah definitely that. Sad to see most others haven't put out much material and even the ones have been mostly limited to splits and comps with the two big names.
08.03.2017 - 21:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Auntie Sahar on 08.03.2017 at 17:47
Shataan dropped their first full length last year though, so hopefully that's a start to some of the other bands becoming a bit more prolific.

I heard Shataan's debut and damn... When you listen to one track among many like here or in the Desert Dances split it's all good but as a full album? The music is great but fuck those vocals, dude. So weak. :\
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.03.2017 - 21:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah, the vocals + production did not a good experience make.

I think part of the problem is that the BTC is only a small handful of members spread out over many bands so we can't expect as many releases as we would hope for.
08.03.2017 - 22:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 08.03.2017 at 21:54

Yeah, the vocals + production did not a good experience make.

I think part of the problem is that the BTC is only a small handful of members spread out over many bands so we can't expect as many releases as we would hope for.

Indeed, I'm just a happy guy because Arizmenda released two albums last year. Volahn released Aq'Ab'Al and the 4-split Desert Dances two years ago.
2 albums per year is fucking awesome if you prefer to look at BTC as a whole project instead of many small projects.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.03.2017 - 13:30
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guest on 08.03.2017 at 21:54

I was going to mention that as well, the Volahn dude seems to be in like 70% of the bands
----

~ II. VII
09.03.2017 - 15:43
Mik
Account deleted
I still have to give this a listen at some point. Only know Arizmenda and Volahn out of the bunch.
13.04.2020 - 16:44
Desha
delicious dish
Just phenomenal compilation really. The feeling is so unique and even the lower profile bands from the label kill it on here. A shame there seems to be some beef with the label and Shataan? And Arizmenda is gone from bandcamp entirely too, so those songs are missing
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill

Hits total: 3184 | This month: 34