Metal Storm logo
20 All Time Favourite Albums

Created by: Olives | 12.12.2014

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Olives ]

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 35   Visited by: 156 users
13.12.2014 - 15:50
Frodd
Account deleted
I'd recommend Gazpacho's and IQ's latest albums if you havent listened to them already.
14.12.2014 - 14:10
Olives

Written by Diverge on 13.12.2014 at 13:52

Written by Olives on 13.12.2014 at 02:32

Black Days is the only thing I've heard by Klone, really mesmerizing, any other good stuff by them?
Caliugla's Horse another band I really like, Moments From Ephemeral City is my favourite actually, I believe it's unpopular
About Aghora, heard few years ago, can't remember anything special which means I'll give it another listen
I should check Down on the Upside, never listened to it, though some of Soungarden's work is great, will do
Never heard about Trepalium, will check it, thanks for the suggestion bro

Yep, The Dreamer's Hideaway by Klone is also very good. The only problem with that album is that a few of the songs are head and shoulders better than the others, which can kind of detract from the album as a whole.
Funny you should say that about Caligula's Horse- Moments is also my favourite record.
Aghora's two albums are very interesting to me. I can possibly see why you wouldn't like it, though.
Soundgarden is easily the greatest of those bands under the "grunge" moniker for me, and Down on the Upside is probably the most underrated album of the 90s for me. I'm trying to imagine some alternative metal acts without that album.
Trepalium is great- their 2014 EP Voodoo Moonshine might be a good starting point as well.

Thanks a lot, will check for sure.

Written by Guest on 13.12.2014 at 15:50

I'd recommend Gazpacho's and IQ's latest albums if you havent listened to them already.

Gazpacho is something I want to check for some time now.
As far IQ's latest, I liked it, great progressive piece.
Thanks for the suggestions mate
25.12.2014 - 19:45
fandango68

Nice to see Temple of Shadows high up the list, at any rate...
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
26.12.2014 - 20:31
musclassia

Ah I've been listening to Sound Awake a lot recently, its so frigging glorious, especially Deadman and Change
27.12.2014 - 00:52
Olives

Written by fandango68 on 25.12.2014 at 19:45

Nice to see Temple of Shadows high up the list, at any rate...

Yeah big fan of this album, so well done, don't really like power metal which is even what's more amazing.

Written by musclassia on 26.12.2014 at 20:31

Ah I've been listening to Sound Awake a lot recently, its so frigging glorious, especially Deadman and Change

It's simply brilliant, I agree 'Deadman' and 'Change' are mind blowing.

Hits total: 2829 | This month: 11