Metal Storm logo
Skid Row

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 14.02.2007 - 06:41
What? No Skid Row forum?! I see forums to do with skid row tour dates and stuff....but no forum simply to discuss Skid Row. I love this band, cant say im too into post-Sebastian Bach era, but the first few albums were great. I had the luck of getting to see Sebastian Bach open for Guns N Roses and he was absolutely amazing.

No need to introduce this band, whatre your thoughts?
15.10.2007 - 15:45
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Doc G. on 03.05.2007 at 00:29

Just picked up 'Slave To The Grind' and I must say its much heavier and 10X better than the debut...and the debut was great!

Really? I'd say that the debut is better than 'Slave to the Grind', but that's because I prefer the more overt Hair Metal touch that they had first up. I can't listen to the whole of 'Slave...' in one session, but the debut is sheer class, and something that I listen to before almost every night out!

Actually, 'Big Guns' was used in an advertisement on TV here for a cricket series, and for someone like me, that's probably the best thing it's possible to have on TV, Skid Row and cricket!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.10.2007 - 17:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Judas on 15.10.2007 at 15:45

Just picked up 'Slave To The Grind' and I must say its much heavier and 10X better than the debut...and the debut was great!

Really? I'd say that the debut is better than 'Slave to the Grind', but that's because I prefer the more overt Hair Metal touch that they had first up. I can't listen to the whole of 'Slave...' in one session, but the debut is sheer class, and something that I listen to before almost every night out!

Actually, 'Big Guns' was used in an advertisement on TV here for a cricket series, and for someone like me, that's probably the best thing it's possible to have on TV, Skid Row and cricket!

I agree about all what you sad here
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.10.2007 - 08:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

Yeah, I love glam metal too, but Slave just cranked up the bass, the title track almost sounds like a thrash tune.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.10.2007 - 08:26
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Doc G. on 16.10.2007 at 08:17

Yeah, I love glam metal too, but Slave just cranked up the bass, the title track almost sounds like a thrash tune.

I agree, the title track is a lot more aggressive. While I do love that album, I just think that what Skid Row means to me (i.e. being too cool for everyone else and living it up) was captured better on the first album. Personal opinion, I guess. When I listen to Skid Row, I don't want the more intense style, I want to be put into an awesome ass-kicking mood!
----
16.10.2007 - 08:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Judas on 16.10.2007 at 08:26

Written by Doc G. on 16.10.2007 at 08:17

I agree, the title track is a lot more aggressive. While I do love that album, I just think that what Skid Row means to me (i.e. being too cool for everyone else and living it up) was captured better on the first album. Personal opinion, I guess. When I listen to Skid Row, I don't want the more intense style, I want to be put into an awesome ass-kicking mood!

Yeah I definitly see where your coming from, I imagine alot of the fans back then mightve been slightly alienated from the band with that one.
----
- George Carlin
16.10.2007 - 18:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ye sbut after Seb left band I can not stand Skid Row, new album, new songs are terible, I dont like them, to boring and to modern
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2007 - 07:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 16.10.2007 at 18:56

Ye sbut after Seb left band I can not stand Skid Row, new album, new songs are terible, I dont like them, to boring and to modern

Ill agree with you on that one, Skid Row without Baz is like The Misfits without Danzig, pure crap.
----
- George Carlin
17.10.2007 - 09:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 17.10.2007 at 07:31

Written by Bad English on 16.10.2007 at 18:56

Ill agree with you on that one, Skid Row without Baz is like The Misfits without Danzig, pure crap.

LoL neve rhad hear misfits whit out Glan
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2007 - 12:05
m3ta1he4d

Nice.. I was listening to 18 And Life & I Remember You for several times already on my iPod video since yesterday, kept on repeating it.. Glam metal at one of its best..

17.10.2007 - 12:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by m3ta1he4d on 17.10.2007 at 12:05

Nice.. I was listening to 18 And Life & I Remember You for several times already on my iPod video since yesterday, kept on repeating it.. Glam metal at one of its best..

Maybe thay looks like Glam but it is not glam, glam are Motley Crue, Poisen TS and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2007 - 12:24
m3ta1he4d

Skid Row's debut album, Skid Row, is a heavy metal/glam metal album..
17.10.2007 - 23:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@m3ta1he4d

Ill agree with K7. They were like Guns N Roses, not glam, sleaze/hard rock.
----
- George Carlin
18.10.2007 - 04:45
m3ta1he4d

They are not glam metal, they are hard rock/sleaze rock..
18.10.2007 - 05:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by m3ta1he4d on 18.10.2007 at 04:45

Oh, cus I got a totally different message from this:

Glam metal at one of its best..
----
- George Carlin
18.10.2007 - 08:09
m3ta1he4d

Their album was a bit of glam metal.. but as a band, they ain't glam..
21.10.2007 - 09:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 18.10.2007 at 05:49

Written by m3ta1he4d on 18.10.2007 at 04:45

Oh, cus I got a totally different message from this:

Glam metal at one of its best..

Hahahahahahahaha pure guy are comfused
----

apos;'
[image]
25.10.2007 - 12:07
Wanderer
Account deleted
Skid Row are awesome! Definately one of my fav bands. Have to say I prefer Slave To The Grind over their debut, I just think it has an overall darker feel to it, anyone agree with me on this? As for favourite song, hmm, at the moment it's gotta be Quicksand Jesus - pure genius, gives me chills everytime I listen to it.
26.10.2007 - 06:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 25.10.2007 at 12:07

Skid Row are awesome! Definately one of my fav bands. Have to say I prefer Slave To The Grind over their debut, I just think it has an overall darker feel to it, anyone agree with me on this? As for favourite song, hmm, at the moment it's gotta be Quicksand Jesus - pure genius, gives me chills everytime I listen to it.

I dont really agree about the darker part, but heavier definitly. I sure as hell prefer it to there debut.
----
- George Carlin
26.10.2007 - 13:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 26.10.2007 at 06:23

I dont really agree about the darker part, but heavier definitly. I sure as hell prefer it to there debut.

I dont see anything dark in Skid Row
----

apos;'
[image]
27.10.2007 - 14:39
Wanderer
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.10.2007 at 13:02

No I'm not really saying that their music is dark, Slave To The Grind just gives seems to have a bit more of that kinda feel, I dunno - it's hard to explain, perhaps it's just me being weird.
28.10.2007 - 03:13
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
who the fuck care glam hair bla bla
skid row was great till bahc didn't leave then the become crap end of storey
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
28.10.2007 - 04:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 27.10.2007 at 14:39

Written by Bad English on 26.10.2007 at 13:02

No I'm not really saying that their music is dark, Slave To The Grind just gives seems to have a bit more of that kinda feel, I dunno - it's hard to explain, perhaps it's just me being weird.

Aggressive is probably the word your looking for. The first album was a little more laid back.
----
- George Carlin
02.11.2007 - 10:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Seb sad thay follow to US music industry opening track hard, secend wa spower ballad, like all those cheesy bands so Skid Row thay follow to industry seems Bathroty video 'One Way To Asa By' change maericans knowlage about metal
----

apos;'
[image]
07.11.2007 - 04:00
Hyvaarin

Written by Doc G. on 28.10.2007 at 04:11

Aggressive is probably the word your looking for. The first album was a little more laid back.

Slave also deals with some serious lyrical themes, whereas the most lyrically profound the s/t got was "I love you; let's party; you can't hold us back, man; oh shit I'm in trouble with the law".
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.11.2007 - 04:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hyvaarin on 07.11.2007 at 04:00

Slave also deals with some serious lyrical themes, whereas the most lyrically profound the s/t got was "I love you; let's party; you can't hold us back, man; oh shit I'm in trouble with the law".

Haha, exactly. Also it sounds alot more aggresive I think mostly because of the bass, they cranked Rachel Bolan way up on Slave, where as on the s/t he was as audible, if s/t had the bass sound that you can hear in STTG I probably would prefer the S/t album, its just so much heavier.
----
- George Carlin
07.11.2007 - 04:34
Hyvaarin

Written by Doc G. on 07.11.2007 at 04:16

Written by Hyvaarin on 07.11.2007 at 04:00

Haha, exactly. Also it sounds alot more aggresive I think mostly because of the bass, they cranked Rachel Bolan way up on Slave, where as on the s/t he was as audible, if s/t had the bass sound that you can hear in STTG I probably would prefer the S/t album, its just so much heavier.

Totally. That start of 'Psycho Love', for one, is basslicious.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
14.11.2007 - 05:17
Judas
The Amputator
This just arrived in the mail. Oh, I am so pleased with myself...
----
14.11.2007 - 06:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Judas on 14.11.2007 at 05:17

Damn, that is good. The only Skid Row tshirts Ive been able to find are for Thickskin and Revolutions Per Minute.
----
- George Carlin
14.11.2007 - 07:13
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Doc G. on 14.11.2007 at 06:13

Written by Judas on 14.11.2007 at 05:17

Damn, that is good. The only Skid Row tshirts Ive been able to find are for Thickskin and Revolutions Per Minute.

THIS is the online store from which I bought it. It's all official merchandise, and quite reasonably priced too. They posted stuff quickly as well.
----
13.12.2007 - 18:59
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well we mentioned Bach alot on this thread, how about hes new album, anyone have it or hear it ?
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil: